test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expectations Next Faction & Recruitment

13»

Comments

• marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    snip
    For someone who talks about avoiding the point, you seem to do it a lot.

The point was Gecko is demonstrably wrong, as evidenced by the game, and comments by other devs. This has literally nothing to do with my own opinion, or "hubris"(how hilarious you would even bring it up), but objective, observable, facts.

Sela was hammy as hell, she overacted all the time, all her plans were stupid and idiotic, and she was defeated every time villain of the week style like Lex Luthor would be.

STO actually does a far better job of portrayed a far more emotionally complex Sela, who is trying to struggle with her Romulan upbringing, and the fact that she is what she hates the most... human. As well as having to come to the understanding that her actions do have consequences. STO's Sela is far more developed and rounded of character then the Sela that appeared on the TV show whose actions consisted almost nothing but yelling "NO I'M NOT HUMAN!!!" over and over.

I also like this bizarre headcanon you have made up but how desperate Denise Crosby was to get back in. Sure she wished she could have gotten back in, but you make it out to be far more then it actually was.

Also, nothing I said previously was an attempt to "belittle" you. Why you would think so is beyond me. But it speaks of emotional problems.(Now THAT could be misconstrue as an attempt to belittle you, but it isn't)
    You're the one denying what Geko said, not I...

Again, cliched, not hammy... And no head-canon involved at all, Denise Crosby has observably working on the fringes of the Trek franchise with docu-films and other works, since she quit her role of Tasha Yar, due to dissatisfaction with the development of the character... She quit, and has spend the subsequent years doing everything in her power to 'get back in', so when STO come along, and ask if she'll do VO work for them, there's no way she was going to turn it down... They used her desperation to 'remain involved' to put out a shallow moustache-twirling interpretation of the character...

And if you can't see how your words were belittling (both of myself, and towards the RSE) then it is you who clearly has emotional problems, but again, nice attempt on a personal attack... You're not worth responding to further...
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    LOL. Someone seriously tries to argue that RSE Romulans would have brought more players than the RR Romulans ? The power of delusion is strong with those ones.

If the Romulans were an RSE faction, they would have been a whooping 5-6% of existing characters, at best.
    There would be no allying themselves with Fed and Klingon factions in RSE variant, which would have resulted with lots of Klingon and Fed-oriented players not bothering with Romulan characters, in the first place. Moreover, a vast majority of Federation-oriented players would have had no desire to touch the RSE type storyline as they are now not interested in the Klingon storyline.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I really can't understand why Cardassian's don't at least have their own species rather than a mere custom option for alien while Ferengi do have their own species, they both existed since TNG.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    LOL. Someone seriously tries to argue that RSE Romulans would have brought more players than the RR Romulans ? The power of delusion is strong with those ones.

If the Romulans were an RSE faction, they would have been a whooping 5-6% of existing characters, at best.
    There would be no allying themselves with Fed and Klingon factions in RSE variant, which would have resulted with lots of Klingon and Fed-oriented players not bothering with Romulan characters, in the first place. Moreover, a vast majority of Federation-oriented players would have had no desire to touch the RSE type storyline as they are now not interested in the Klingon storyline.
    Well given that, until Cryptic made up the RR, RSE was all there was, and that's what people would have related to (fromseeingitineverycanoninstanceofRomulans) LOL @ you for not getting that... :D:D:D:D

• trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    FUN! I love the idea of more factions! I'll toss in my ideas. I haven't been around the forums or STO for awhile, so my bad if this has been said already.

Borg Collective
    Start in the Delta Quadrant! Give LTS players unique cosmetics for their ship and character, maybe a special trait. Also toss them a vet ship (Cube!!!). Maybe to prevent them from being too much of a copy/paste of the Romulans, make them completely neutral? Might have to lock them out from some content. Perhaps they start as a higher level, more like an end-game faction. Who cares ... you get to play Borg!

TOS Klingon/Romulan
    Some of starter content can mirror what we already have for AoY, just from another point of view. Maybe Daniels reaches out to you at some point to support the proper timeline. Once the 23c content is over, you just end up in your proper faction.
    Hey all my old posts are gone! :/