test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GameClient got brocken again.

today patch got messed up. GameClient.exe don't want to launch. neither thru launcher nor stand alone.

this is really bad idea to change the code along with starting of several valuable and timed events.
people will got cut out because of bad build executable.

it makes me sad...

Comments

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue with "not a valid win32 application", and since it's the start of a new event along with some giveaways I'm really pissed off at the moment.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • smugsuksmugsuk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    unable to start game client: the operation has completed successfully
    that's what i'm getting trying to login 12/1 post patch

just for kicks i tried tribble and it says "unable to start game client: %1 is not a valid win32 application"

Same here.

Hopefully the emergency patch tomorrow fixes it... again.
    smugsuk wrote: »
    Hopefully the emergency patch tomorrow fixes it... again.
    Well, there's nothing in the patch notes, so...
    PyKDqad.jpg
    Still not working.

I guess that means no Phoenix lockbox for me. Now I just hope it's fixed in time to complete the event reward.
    I take it there's no workaround? It's a different issue than the one from a few weeks ago. The last one had something to do with kernel32.dll. Now the client doesn't launch at all with the "not a valid win32 application" message.

Tested on two 32bit machines - same problem on both of them, so I can't play the game, can't claim phoenix packs and can't start the winter event. Gee, thanks Cryptic...
    PyKDqad.jpg
    It seems to be an issue with 32bit systems then.
  • nobadeenobadee Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    My client is busted as well. Running it on 64bit Windows 7. I did a fresh install of the game today. Running as admin, added the client to all exceptions lists on my PC. It crashes immediately after hitting launch and I get no error messages. My client crashed multiple times during the download; so, red flags were going off early on.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Just curious because there are a lot of things that can cause an error like this.

Have you tried running the .exe in compatibility mode? Generally, this type of error means that either the file is damaged or corrupted, or it's for a different version of Windows. Try selecting different windows versions and see if that helps.

I would also suggest going under Options in the Launcher and clicking on 'Force Verify' to check for damaged or corrupted files.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah for me when I select a character to play right after that the music gets stuck in a broken loop and then basically crashes. It will let you login safe mode but after that your next character will be required to restart the client *bleh* to think I might want to come back to this game :(
  • dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    its 7 dec in i am crashed a pleas fix it . (pc)
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Game keeps timing out immediately after Engage.
    Yeah same here turns client gray and then have no choice but to force client to shut down. I had this problem but eventually could log in some characters bleh.

As many times as I had to re-launch this client because of this there should be some zen compensation for all the extra work :P
  • meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    my client crashed twice this afternoon already, doing a file verification to see if something is broken, corrupted or missing because of today's patch (all three are most likely given the maintenance team's history right now)
    I am wondering right now if there is even going to be a fix for this usually most of Cryptic is MIA around holidays until their usual anniversary stuff comes out. So will be interesting to see if they get some kind of fix out for this before then or not.
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    well, today patch didn't helped.
    despite the warning about stopping the support of WinXP on 1 march 2017 it doesn't run now.

like previous writer said, "MIA around holidays" are not only most of cryptic. most of ppl around the world have other things to do then running around PC shops and dancing around various hardware in a hope to make them work like they want.
    its a holiday time, namely to chill out in snow, not only virtually in Q land.
    and have you actually thought about ppl that go online on notebooks somewhere in vacation camps?
    is it so common that notebooks got DX11 video cards build in?
    or internet coffeshops are all upgraded to very last expensive hardware/software?

really, very, very bad decision.
    "never change a running system, don't even touch it."
    breaking the working code on the eve of Christmas just screwed the fun of most loyal players.

as for me, it screwed my collection of event ships, of which i had all of them and was proud of.
    to think, i was going to try and get the T6 Connie for a character I designed after my mother. won't be able too now unless someone wants to sell me one for 20 million energy credits (which is highly unlikely given most of the community is sadly filled with lobbyists)
    Still not working. Kind of amusing considering the launcher message states the official XP support is gonna end in march, yet it doesn't work since last week.

Two of my XP machines don't work, showing the same error. However, the game does run on the exact same rig with Win10.

This error is separate from the loading screen crash that occurred for some time now and is now mentioned in the patch notes.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I'm running Linux and play STO through Play On Linux. I've been running the WINE setup as Windows 7. Everything was great until last night (December 7th). Now when I try to log on, I get an unexpected token error. Looking at the debug script, it looks like the issue arises when the launcher tries to authenticate with the server. Funny thing is, I reimaged my whole computer and did a clean install of STO. The initial log on runs great and the client installs the 14 GB update. The issue starts after that initial login, leading me to believe that the issue is the launcher update that they pushed yesterday.
    another example that they need to stop rushing their bloody updates on us and actually TEST their updates before adding them
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Dear Cryptic,

Why is your patching being very slow today? I took a long time to get past 0.4% when it should be going full speed ahead and no it is not a problem on my end, this as far as I know has never happened to me. Now, I am stuck at 1.9%. Please fix this and re-patch tomorrow. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Just curious because there are a lot of things that can cause an error like this.

Have you tried running the .exe in compatibility mode? Generally, this type of error means that either the file is damaged or corrupted, or it's for a different version of Windows. Try selecting different windows versions and see if that helps.

I would also suggest going under Options in the Launcher and clicking on 'Force Verify' to check for damaged or corrupted files.

It's a game people should not have to work just to log on...just saying but perhaps a little less attention to the console players and take care of those that got them this far? No...that would make to much business sense.
  • unable to start game client: the operation has completed successfully
    that's what i'm getting trying to login 12/1 post patch

just for kicks i tried tribble and it says "unable to start game client: %1 is not a valid win32 application"

Oh, thank GOD... I thought it was something I did to my system without realizing it.... I'm getting the exact same error. At least I know I'm not alone in this issue.

Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • nobadeenobadee Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The launcher is still broke as TRIBBLE for me. Fails to initiate the game after hitting launch. Looks like I am uninstalling this trash.
    edited December 2016
    Yeah irony all the scams being pushed out but then the game won't even work lol.

Is like umm just give us money we don't care if it actually works or not.

Edit: Great win for the Empire it finally got past the loading screen and to character select and then selected character and then it crashed major improvement :P.
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm running Linux and play STO through Play On Linux. I've been running the WINE setup as Windows 7. Everything was great until last night (December 7th). Now when I try to log on, I get an unexpected token error. Looking at the debug script, it looks like the issue arises when the launcher tries to authenticate with the server. Funny thing is, I reimaged my whole computer and did a clean install of STO. The initial log on runs great and the client installs the 14 GB update. The issue starts after that initial login, leading me to believe that the issue is the launcher update that they pushed yesterday.

Although I'm not playing STO I might have a workaround for you. I'm also using PlayOnLinux and I couldn't log into Neverwinter since yesterday. The launcher always crashed with a JavaScript error. I tried multiple clean prefixes and updated PlayOnLinux. I also noticed a message about problems with console output in my shell. So my last try was to just launch the Wine Command Prompt and start the launcher from there - it worked without a problem.