test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are Zarva, Elisa Flores, T'Vrell, and Kolez personality like?

What is your head canon of the main Fed bridge crew?

Comments

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Realist, beligerant, to analyital and edgy
  • stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The first subject of removal from my roster. Tovan says hello.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Always felt Elisa was the more casual, fun loving type....the opposite of an ironbutt like Jalico.
    Zarva's always felt like the tomboy type to me for some reason.
    T'Vrell would seem like the Robin Curtis Savik.
    Kolez would be possibly someone with some issues to deal with, like nightmares or panic attacks from what happened on Vega.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • exarch1701exarch1701 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I always imagined them being like the bridge crew from the U.S.S. Dautless, from Star Trek Bridge Commander.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Tovan wants to know why OP you didn't started this thread in Ten forward.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    In that order of boff, studious, kind of fun-loving (okay with slacking off a bit and letting someone else take the initiative), weirded out slightly by all the insanity a STO bridge crew gets up to, and a bit trigger-happy after Vega, respectively.

Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    For me, Flores is a fun loving best friend. The kind of person who's right there with you no matter what you're doing, be it binging on confiscated real alcohol, re-checking weapons before a mission, or bleeding out with a gaping chest wound, she's right there with you.

Zarva is the quintessential tech head. She forgets to eat while fixing one part or another, loves taking apart new equipment when they're delivered, and while friendly to the crew and her friends, she's more comfortable surrounded by the beeps and boops of technology. Plus, if her food spoils a little when it sits too close to that plasma conduit, she doesn't mind at all. Bolian digestive tract and all that.

T'Vrell, while having the usual Vulcan logic backing her outlook, has problems seeing what she can do. She needs her friends to help her grow into her role on the ship, She's always hesitant to step up to the challenges she faces.

And Kolez is haunted by what happened on Vega. It's why he now uses the biggest heaviest weapons available (usually a Phaser Minigun) to make sure he can kill the enemies he faces, especially the Borg. He's just a little too quick on the trigger, made all the worse by his PTSD.
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Errr .... think they still work somewhere on the ship, might be good to meet with them on the messdeck to remember "absent friends".
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Errr .... think they still work somewhere on the ship, might be good to meet with them on the messdeck to remember "absent friends".

I still got them on my main toon's crew :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    As I said last time:

Liz Flores (CloneBatch:EF-019284756) is a Mariposan clone, who became Cara's best friend after she (Cara) returned to the Academy after the hatching of her first child. Following the events at Vega Colony, she returned to the academy to retrain as an engineering officer. She wasn't happy when another Flores was assigned as ship's tactical officer, because it made her clone-nature more obvious to the Natural Borns...

And as I didn't mention Ellie;
    Ellie Flores (CloneBatch:EF-029364791) is a Mariposan clone, who has been assigned as Cara's senior tactical officer since deployment to the Jenolan dyson sphere... She takes her individuality very seriously, but is capable of rolling her eyes and biting her tongue when a hapless crewman asked her to pass on a message to 'her sister', who she doesn't like being seen in company with...

IMG_0681_zpshi7siknz.jpg

The overabundance of Elisa Floreses on Kobali Prime, made her request permission to return to the ship, where she ordered Lt K'vora to take over as Cara's security detail... ;)

IMG_0683_zpswrtvmgza.jpg

Zarva, T'Vrell and Kolez haven't been around for a while...

(Forgot to say; I always got the hunch that T'Vrell is actually Romulan ;) )
    Post edited by marcusdkane on
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Always felt Elisa was the more casual, fun loving type....the opposite of an ironbutt like Jalico.
    Zarva's always felt like the tomboy type to me for some reason.
    T'Vrell would seem like the Robin Curtis Savik.
    Kolez would be possibly someone with some issues to deal with, like nightmares or panic attacks from what happened on Vega.

Completely agree here, with the exception of T'Vrell never learned to hide her emotions (helps explain Foundry Missions for me), but still retains her Vulcan mannerisms. And also the addition of Kolez always working toward a Command position, but when presented with an opportunity (e.g. when I leave him on the ship) finds it's very stressful.

I always play with them as my main crew in space and ground. I do have other characters, but I consider them to be "recurring characters". I'm considering having Lt. Comm. Kyla VanZyl join, but the standard episode dialog doesn't really work for her.

Speaking of a crew, on missions, I've setup my "head canon" like so:

Season 1: [Most of the Class of 2409]
    Training Cruise
    Klingon War (Ending with the battle of Starbase 24 with destruction of the U.S.S. Blythe (Miranda)

Season 2 (2 years later, U.S.S. Hall (Excelsior Class) ): [Rest of "Reccuring" crew added]
    Wasteland
    Romulan Mystery (Old Version)
    Cardassian Struggle (Old Version)

Season 3 (1 year later, U.S.S. Sierra (Sovereign Class):
    New Romulus
    Borg Advance
    Breen Invasion
    Solonae Dyson Sphere

Season 4 (1 year Later, U.S.S. Celestia, Odyssey Class):
    Delta Quadrant

Season 5 (Continuing):
    Iconian War (Incl. Foundry Missions)

Season 6:
    New Frontiers
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Tovan wants to know why OP you didn't started this thread in Ten forward.
    As do his bridge officers Tovan Khev2, Tovan Khev3, Rinna Khev, and Rinna NotKhev.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    rogue6800, who is in your recurring crew?
  • theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @kianazero: I really like your takes on those characters, and I think that sounds pretty accurate given what we were able to learn about them from the tutorial.
  • trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I wonder what other bridge officers could be added.
  • milady73#4771 milady73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I changed their names, well, except Elisa's, since you can't (and booted them with alt toons). Since I'm first and foremost a roleplayer, I tend to create a background and personality to them.

Elisa Marissa Moreno Flores (except Moreno exceeded the letter limit) - She is, like her captain, a starfleet brat. Very capable, reliable, has a great sense of humour and deep down she's a little bit of a punk (refering to music style) and rebel. She is a good friend with the captain and often exchange banter.

Lytara "Lyta" Mota /Zarva - She's a shy one, more comfortable around machinery than people. She's also hopelessly in love with her captain. Which makes her member of sexual minority. Unfortunately the Captain is very straight (unless there's Romulan Ale involved...hey nothing wrong with being experimental).

T'Sora/T'vrell - she's a vulcan with all that comes with it: logical, practical, stoic and humorless. She was the captain's room mate in Academy and knows her better than anybody.

Kumza/Kolez - doesn't talk much, keeps to himself. For some reason he doesn't "talk" to me, so he has no personality besides being a hermit who does his job without a fuss. He is also one of the few males on board who's totally immune to the Captain's charms.

• marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Zarva, T'Vrell and Kolez haven't been around for a while...

(Forgot to say; I always got the hunch that T'Vrell is actually Romulan ;) )
    So thanks to an alt, I pulled one of my resurrection acts on T'Vrell (still a science officer, but I didn't have enough ec to find any decent High End Clay on the exchange, but what was available to dil buy as a new BOFF was acceptable in terms of capabilities) I made minimal tweaks to the outfit parameters, because I wanted T'Vrell, not just 'a female Vulcan science officer', but in the years since her graduation from the academy, she's had a haircut, and gotten big into pilates and yoga, so toned up a bit...

When I first did the Fed tutorial, that was my first play of anything, and it was a fair while till I rolled a Romulan, so I didn't see it, but having now done so, I was actually pretty disappointed to see that T'Vrell and Satra are the exact same templates... Which brings me on to my next point:
    trekbrony wrote: »
    I wonder what other bridge officers could be added.

It would be nice if they were actually original and unique, not re-skins... Whoever did the re-work of Miral Paris is proof that there's someone at Cryptic who can do nice character work, it's a shame to see that they (as a company) can't even come up with twelve bridge officers (four for each faction) without having to re-use a template without even applying significant modifications to that template... That is sloppy... That is weak... Frankly, it's embarassing...

Now, to address the point of the Brony's question:
    Simple answer:
    All of the class of 2009

But.

And this is the main point:

What would be the point?

If people either delete or re-work the stock BOFFs to create their own*, what would be the point in adding more? Upon promotion, extra BOFF slots open, and Cryptic wants people to buy new ones (both new BOFFs and new slots) and new BOFFs are awarded as mission rewards, so innitself, that certainly would allow people to then 'reconnect with a classmate' rather than just being given a random BOFF, but if they're only going to be re-skinned, what would be the point? (On the flipside, if those newly assigned BOFFs were of better design than the garbage which has been delivered, perhaps people wouldn't want to re-skin them, but might keep them stock)

*I was actually not just surprize, but shocked, upon reaching Kobali Prime, at how many unmodified Elisa Floreses were running around :open_mouth: WTF? On Nimbus III, I saw all manner of BOFFs, and not a stock Flores in sight :open_mouth:
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Here is my take on the class of 2409.

Elisa Flores, after all her experiences of combat from 2409-10 she has a fatalistic sense of humour. She can be emotionally withdrawn at times due to the experience of Vega. She has got on Captain Valdez's bad side once for speaking out of turn without asking for permission to do so.

T'vrell, wields logic like a spear. She finds a mostly human crew to be confusing at the best of times though Commander Solat (the Astute's XO) is trying to remedy that by teaching her to control her emotions around humans.

Zarva, her expertise with drive systems has earned her the respect of Commander Imozel (The Astute's chief engineer. She gets on with her fellow engineers very well and can often be heard having a joke with her fellow engineers

Kolez, very quiet and emotionally scarred from Vega. Has been removed from duty twice in his first few weeks on the Astute for not seeing the ship's counselor when asked to by Captain Valdez. He gets with the tasks set for him quietly and does not mix with the other crew.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
      @kianazero: I really like your takes on those characters, and I think that sounds pretty accurate given what we were able to learn about them from the tutorial.

Thanks! I try to make all my characters and bridge officers unique in their own way, even if they share a name with their 'repeats' among alts. My main Romulan is best friends with Tovan, and although she finds him cute, it has stayed a friendship. Her half-sister (a Reman) is more abusive to her XO (again, Tovan, but I see it as a different person), and my Romulan Delta Recruit is...well, she's....ahem, which could get her in trouble. Moreso if either of them find out/remembers that she's an Undine spy with amnesia.

I also took as many screenshots as I could and made the next Romulan Female boff I got with her into Rinna Khev. Even made her a Pilot specialization since she was a freighter pilot. Just because I was tired of that story arc ending with NOTHING to show for it. No Boff, no Doff, nothing.

Considering on making the next female romulan I get with her into Charva, just to have at least ONE of her have a Heel Face Turn.
    • boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
      I'll be honest: if given the opportunity, I almost always rename and redesign my BOFFs. Being able to have my own custom, unique bridge crew was one of the things I truly loved when STO first came out and the inclusion of "default" BOFFs has always been something that made me a little on the sad side. So, unless they're like Tovan Khev (sp?), they tend to get the "special snowflake" treatment.

I did keep Flores mostly how she comes, though. A few modifications, decided she has a quick temper and is probably from, like, Barcelona.
    • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
      I wish we could bump up their rarity to purple as it is a shame that they sorta suck when it comes to endgame play and you usually end up dismissing everyone but Elisa Flores.

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
    • boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
      unotetsu wrote: »
      I wish we could bump up their rarity to purple as it is a shame that they sorta suck when it comes to endgame play and you usually end up dismissing everyone but Elisa Flores.

While that'd be nice, I've never run into any serious issues with my BOFFs in the end game. If you're really hard on min/maxing, sure, go for it, but in my experience the difference between the traits of white and purple BOFFs aren't really out of their way to invest in. So sure, make em' upgrade-able, but I'm in no rush to get rid of some of my crew to go from "Creative" to "Superior Creative". If I can find a new BOFF with the marginally better traits and the same race/gender combo, cool. If not.... meh, I'll survive until I've amassed basically everything else I want. Then Ill start looking to pump up my BOFFs...

... though, yeah, it'd be easier if they'd just let us upgrade them.
    • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
      history in my crew. Hierarchyguy for the pirate trait, Spock for the astrophysicist trait Sulu for the leadership trait. I need to replace the Jem'hadar since he doesnt have a space trait. Uhura has a trait the bumps DPS, an scottys trait boosts hull heals. wish he had a mini miracle worker ability
      Spock.jpg

• tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
      H'mm. The only one that remains in my 5 crews is Flores. All the rest have moved on to other positions in other ships or starbases. Flores is usually my main tactic support for ground exploration. At least for now. As I pick up more characters that fit in my crews, she'll like move on to another ship or return back to Starfleet Earth.
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      Like the last couple posters, I generally just keep the purple tac boffs after the initial missions. Though as some of my toons are based on characters from my original 'verse, those generally get priority for my bridge and ground crews, with Elisa and her Rom and KDF counterparts generally being in the background somewhere.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
      I like Elisa the best of them. Seems a bit fun-loving as someone said, still quite capable at her job. On most of my ships, she gets hot pants too. :D
    • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
      Every time i see posts like this, I always get that scene from Spaceballs in my head, where Dark Helmet plays with his dolls.... :D