Install Arc

Polarize Hull, where did it go wrong?

2»

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    fl219 wrote: »
    I am not being unreasonable. I'm being fair.

Yes you are being unreasonable. You've created multiple threads on this topic. Basic gist of a fl219 post is: "I died. The game cheated!"

I think he's just trolling, honestly. Polarize Hull gives you added resists, but is by no means an invincibility button.
    You and a lot of the others sound like you missed the point the poster was talking about and the game does cheat at times. The poster was talking about when you get locked in a tractor beam and die due to being unable to move. Polarize Hull is meant to break the tractor beam lock which will often keep you alive.

Its a similar problem I have with tractor beam, I lock down the NPC, drop a mine field around the target then due to bad story line writing the NPC manages an impossible escape.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    dumas13 wrote: »
    Polarize Hull counts as a hull healing ability? Never knew it could trigger Improved Temporal Insight.

The Improved Polarize Hull Trait 'Removes damage over time and hazard effects for the duration of the ability.' But PH by itself performs no healing.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Ok, so i was wrong... oh well, then maybe i should switch my BOFFs skill around somewhat...
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @pottsey5g

No the OP & you are just flat out wrong. The game does not cheat, nor has it ever. Tractor beams are the easiest thing to counter in the whole game.

^^^^This... Tractor beams are so ludicrously easy to deal with, there's almost a sense of "Oh, do think that's bothering me? How quaint..." when they lock on :D With the Yorktown, many times, I don't even bother disabling them, because their effect on the ship is non-existent/negligible, compared to what the opponent is doing :D