test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polarize Hull, where did it go wrong?

I use it when I get caught in a tractor beam just have it do absolutly nothing (not all the time, but frequently). Then the game gives me a "Defeated!" window. Defeated nothing! If my Polarize Hull ability is getting ignored, the defeated window that comes up shortly after automatically gets cancelled out. It's only fair. There needs to be a counter ballance. If it was me and not the game/cryptic cheat, then the Polarize hull would work. But it didn't. Hense the game/developer cheat.

If they want to give me a defeated window, then do it by legit means. Not by ignoreing my abilites when activated. Because to me, that is cheating.
I run high AUX (always above 75 power). At the time this happened, my AUX was not disabled, nor was the ability. So if I use a science ability, it best be adhered too!

I am not being unreasonable. I'm being fair.

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Sounds like a Desync issue. It is not a cheat. You activated the power too late and/or got killed anyway.

Polarize hull is not rock and roll. It is not invincibility. You can and will die even with it active.
  • Options
    devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    fl219 wrote: »

Yes you are being unreasonable. You've created multiple threads on this topic. Basic gist of a fl219 post is: "I died. The game cheated!"
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure where it went wrong was your internet connection is dog TRIBBLE. You're describing LAG, not a game with hundreds of thousands of plays that has singled out you and you alone to 'cheat'.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Yeah - i'm not sure if you use PC, but i frequently got lag when i use mouse to activate powers from power tray (sometimes i need to click 2-3 times before the engine activate the power/skill or whatever)
    ... oh and Polarize Hull can give invulnerability - around 4 seconds once in 90 seconds - if you have Improved Temporal Insight trait slotted >:)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I use it when I get caught in a tractor beam just have it do absolutly nothing (not all the time, but frequently). Then the game gives me a "Defeated!" window. Defeated nothing! If my Polarize Hull ability is getting ignored, the defeated window that comes up shortly after automatically gets cancelled out. It's only fair. There needs to be a counter ballance. If it was me and not the game/cryptic cheat, then the Polarize hull would work. But it didn't. Hense the game/developer cheat.

If they want to give me a defeated window, then do it by legit means. Not by ignoreing my abilites when activated. Because to me, that is cheating.
    I run high AUX (always above 75 power). At the time this happened, my AUX was not disabled, nor was the ability. So if I use a science ability, it best be adhered too!

You really are a piece of work. Polarize Hull does break the hold of Tractor Beam as well as making you immune to the damaging effects of Tractor Beam Repulsors.

I use Polarize Hull all the time, every build regardless of the ship I use. It's rock solid reliable against Tractor Beams and TBR and gives a significant resist buff.

Whatever it is you're doing, it is terribly, terribly wrong.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Polarize Hull counts as a hull healing ability? Never knew it could trigger Improved Temporal Insight.
  • Options
    dumas13 wrote: »
    Polarize Hull counts as a hull healing ability? Never knew it could trigger Improved Temporal Insight.

I do not know about it proccing Temporal Insight, but it offers no hull heals of any sort. It offers resists (better with higher Aux Power) and protection against TB and TBR.

The only hull healing from Science is Hazard Emitters.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I also found anti matter spread and eject warp plasma do good against tractor beams, too.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

From this and various other threads about abilities not going off, damage being taken from unseen hits and the like, it sounds like you are being lagged, and quite often.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Other creative options in removing a Tractor Beam threat:

1. Destroying the threat (highly recommended, possible with any ship and build).
    2. Science Abilities: PH, Jam Sensors (breaks lock), Photonic Shockwave (causes disable which breaks lock). Basically any SCI ability that breaks target lock or causes a disable.
    3. Engineering Abilities: Auxiliary to Dampeners, good 'ol A2D doesn't make you immune to tractor beam effects but it keeps you moving a lot better.
    4. Any Control buffs. Anything that buffs your stat to improve CC abilities also makes you more resistant to their effects.
    5. Tactical Abilities: Other than TAC abilities that apply Point 1, Attack Pattern Omega breaks you free.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    considering how much you TRIBBLE n moan about this game, perchance its time to try a new one and leave this one behind you
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,393 Arc User
    Other creative options in removing a Tractor Beam threat:

1. Destroying the threat (highly recommended, possible with any ship and build).
    2. Science Abilities: PH, Jam Sensors (breaks lock), Photonic Shockwave (causes disable which breaks lock). Basically any SCI ability that breaks target lock or causes a disable.
    3. Engineering Abilities: Auxiliary to Dampeners, good 'ol A2D doesn't make you immune to tractor beam effects but it keeps you moving a lot better.
    4. Any Control buffs. Anything that buffs your stat to improve CC abilities also makes you more resistant to their effects.
    5. Tactical Abilities: Other than TAC abilities that apply Point 1, Attack Pattern Omega breaks you free.

"Evade Target Lock also completely cancels the beam if your ship handles Intel abilities."

I posted this reply on November 9, on another thread of the OP, which was more or less about the same subject. Not even a month between near identical threads by the same OP.

There ought to be an accolade for that.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    LOL polarize hull is total junk and won't save you from the exponential power creep. Maybe learning how the game works is your problem - polarize hull does not make you undefeatable.
  • Options
    cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2016

If the developers are cheating, then perhaps you should take your money elsewhere? Go play another game?
    Post edited by cactolith on
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
    Sounds like it might be a Lag problem to me. Although there was a couple times where Borg Tractor Beams were bugged and ignored Polarize Hull when normal Tractor Beams behaved as normal.

So your problem is either interface lag, lag in general, or you found a bug. Its not Cryptic cheating you of anything.
    Also... are we talking Tractor Beam or the Vaadwaur Constriction Anchor? Because there is a difference between the two, and the ONLY way to counter a Constriction Anchor is actually wait it out or destroy the offender. Polarize Hull does nothing against Constriction Anchor. Hell... even AP Omega doesn't work as far as I know.

All I can suggest is get together with some friends and experiment in a PvP. Have someone use Tractor Beam against you, and you use Polarize Hull and see what happens. Good way to try and replicate the event in a controlled environment. And if its the Borg Tractor Beam, have someone with the Assimilated set use it on you.
    I also found anti matter spread and eject warp plasma do good against tractor beams, too.

As a frequent user of Warp Plasma, and self proclaimed Gas Master of the Tal Shiar's Most Wanted, I'd have to disagree on Warp Plasma as a Tractor Beam counter. I have never seen it break a Tractor hold. Antimatter Spread would because it is a confuse/placate. Anything that disrupts sensors or causes a stun or disable, basically anything that interrupts, will break a Tractor hold. So Photonic Shockwave, MACO's Heavy Graviton Beam, Antimatter Spread... things like that will disrupt a Tractor Beam. Warp Plasma is just a DoT and speed/turn debuff, and they actually have to fly into the cloud to do it. Not going to help if they're 3 km away holding you.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Even if there was an answer for the OP what would be the point in even telling him? It's obvious that he completely lacks the ability to learn, there is no other reason he would create this same topic over and over again. He sucks at the game because he simply doesn't learn.

There is honestly no point in making any attempt at all to help him, he'll just ignore the advice and make another thread with the same topic next week.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    OP use your keyboard numbers to trigger the ability rather than relying on the mouse clicking.

If the game has any "cheating" ability it is the fact that it misses mouse power bar clicks when there's a lot going on, but always responds to the number keys.

When the defeated window comes up it's usually a missed command that trips me up.

That said the game does suffer from invisible stuff sometimes, tractor beams, TBR, Torpedoes, Etc. so you have to watch for the symptoms of these things effecting your ship and react accordingly.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @fl219

A few things have come to mind that might explain what you've been seeing. Your abilities aren't "being ignored." You just don't understand what's happening. A few examples below may help you to understand what I mean.

1. Sometimes you think you've activated a boff power, BUT, what you're seeing on the screen isn't 100% synced up with the server. Because of latency and/or lag (Usually not Cryptic's fault), the server never registered the command before you died. This issue goes hand-in-hand with below examples. Don't expect to survive if you activate powers when your hull is at 1% especially with latency or lag.

2. You seem to have trouble with Romulans. If your hull is below 10%, which I imagine occurs quite often with your skill level, you may be activating your powers too late. Plasma DoT burns may be killing you and you may not realize it because you think that your EPTS and polarize hull will save you when they will do nothing to stop the DoT, unless you're using the ship trait that improves polarize hull to eliminate DoTs. Again though, this may not register if you experience latency or lag.

3. I've noticed that cooldowns will appear to hit zero only to bounce back up to a few more seconds. I think that this occurs because of global cooldowns but honestly it never bothered me enough to find out. You may think that you can activate polarize hull, or whatever other skill, but the cooldown indicator pops back up to 5 seconds or so more.

4. A lot of the effectiveness of the powers that you talk about are based on skill trees and auxiliary power. Sure, you say you have high aux power and that it wasn't disabled but can you honestly say that it's never happened?

I honestly believe that any combination of the above issues are the source of your displeasure. Surely, at one time or another, we've all experienced all the examples that I list above. I encourage you to focus your attention on self improvement and trying to understand the game better. Also allow other more knowledgeable players to take you under their wing. This will serve you much better than creating threads like this will.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    OP, you are going to sh*t when you hit Kobali Prime... ;)
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    OP, are you using regular Polarized Hull or IMPROVED Polarize Hull? I suggest you improve your PH to IPH. See what happens after that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    To be honest the OP has been given solid advice over and over time after time and seems to ignore the advice. OP keeps insisting that those helping him/her don't know what they are talking about. So instead of taking adivce to heart we get the same laments over and over from him/her which boil down to these..."Whaa I want to win everytime and get everything for free. Everyone cheats because they beat me. Whaa the game is choppy and it's not my slow as hell ISP's providers doing. Whaa I went over my data limit and it's cryptics fault because I play over a cell connection whaa. I get killed over and over because it's all Cryptics fault not my lack of desire to learn from other players advice as I am perfect." Yeah that about sums up the posts from the OP.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Oh this cry baby agian... "Whaa I want to win everytime and get everything for free. Everyone cheats because they beat me. Whaa the game is choppy and it's not my slow as hell ISP's providers doing. Whaa I went over my data limit and it's cryotis fault because I play over a cell connection whaa whaaa." Yeah that about sums up the OP.

I think we should all work together and get the op a cuddly Epohh friend. tis the season after all and they clearly need one.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I use it when I get caught in a tractor beam just have it do absolutly nothing (not all the time, but frequently). Then the game gives me a "Defeated!" window. Defeated nothing!

Polarized Hull does not make you invincible, though do get between 63.7% to 92.6% damage resistance fro 15 seconds depending on which rank you are using. The point is you can still take damage. If your ship's hull is low, then you still have a good chance of dying.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Oh this cry baby agian... "Whaa I want to win everytime and get everything for free. Everyone cheats because they beat me. Whaa the game is choppy and it's not my slow as hell ISP's providers doing. Whaa I went over my data limit and it's cryotis fault because I play over a cell connection whaa whaaa." Yeah that about sums up the OP.

I think we should all work together and get the op a cuddly Epohh friend. tis the season after all and they clearly need one.

LOL Yeah I have a few Epohh tags OP can have... For 10 million EC each once the EC's in my mailbox I promise I'll send them to you OP. LOL.

(I went back and edited my post was a bit overly snarky and well had a typo or two).
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Yes you are being unreasonable. You've created multiple threads on this topic. Basic gist of a fl219 post is: "I died. The game cheated!"

I think he's just trolling, honestly. Polarize Hull gives you added resists, but is by no means an invincibility button.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    If you die too much, maybe you should consider a different class, especially if you're playing Tac. Also, though polarize hull is nice, activating Hazard Emitters and or Brace For Impact (preferably both) will give you a decent heal over time, especially with high aux. Also activating Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity (engi power) can give you a moderate heal, excellent resists (depending on tier) and a super fast cooldown (15 seconds default).
    Post edited by nekofury86 on