test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phoenix Prize Pack! [PC]

Comments

• zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Somewhat miffed by the fact that the ships aren't account-wide anymore, and the fact that it only lasts 7 days before going the way of the dinosaur again, but... it's better than nothing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Phoenix rise again (and again, and again... :tongue:) later in the game's lifetime, so okay.

My suspicion is this will go the way of the infinity lockbox. It will come back at regular intervals (as yet undetermined) and last a short while. I could be wrong though.
  • admthomsonadmthomson Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Read the news post and may have overthought certain things and gotten myself slightly confused.

Just for clarification:

Questions
    1. Each account will receive 1 Box per day for free (giving a total of 7/8)?
    2. If only 7 boxes are given away then the last day to get one free will be Wednesday the 7th?
    3. If 8 boxes then the last day to get a free one will be Thursday the 8th?
    4. Boxes can also be purchased with dil but only up to the Thursday the 8th December?

Clarification
    1. Each Box is character bound
    2. Each Prize Token is account bound
    3. All items received from trading in vouchers are character bound

Rereading that I think I probably didn't understand to begin with but if anyone can answer these that would be great! :smiley:
    Karina%20Everdeen%203%20-%20USS%20Azzameen.png
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    And now phase 2 of Cryptic's diabolical plan to make money: After a massive ZEN sale everyone spent their converted Dil on, time to sink MORE real money to get it back through the Dil Exchange but backwards. Hooray for obvious marketing!

F2Pers will rejoice at the fall of Dil exchange, the space rich will pull their Zen and wait for it to come back up.
    New players, who have none of these items will blow all their dil to get the items, Fleets projects will stall as no one will donate dil. Either way, it is a great idea, and all the players will do what they want about the boxes, so it is a win win for everyone.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Hmm this should be fun, but cryptic why do we have to go to drozana? the people there are....creepy O.o
    Hmm this should be fun, but cryptic why do we have to go to drozana? the people there are....creepy O.o

Because it will lead into the next release? Because they feel like it? Because a new episode will see the station get upgraded? C'mon rumor mill, get to work. :P
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    zorander6 wrote: »
    Somewhat miffed by the fact that the ships aren't account-wide anymore, and the fact that it only lasts 7 days before going the way of the dinosaur again, but... it's better than nothing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Phoenix rise again (and again, and again... :tongue:) later in the game's lifetime, so okay.

My suspicion is this will go the way of the infinity lockbox. It will come back at regular intervals (as yet undetermined) and last a short while. I could be wrong though.

That is my expectation as well. Like I said, though, it's a little unsettling that the event ships become character unlocks. :frowning:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    zorander6 wrote: »

That is my expectation as well. Like I said, though, it's a little unsettling that the event ships become character unlocks. :frowning:

I don't disagree, however one of the big hurdles for something like this was a long standing belief that ships like these should be exclusive to the people who were here and active during the time they were available. In order to keep some "exclusivity" they have to introduce a level of rarity to placate that crowd (not that I have a problem with their opinion either.) It's kind of a no win situation. Either they re-release the ships in entirety for the world and break away from exclusivity completely or they introduce an artificial barrier of some sort while giving more opportunities.

Personally I'd love to just see them all dropped into the dil store and be character based but that's just me. :)
  • joshtheaspiejoshtheaspie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    1. I appreciate the chance to get the items I did not have, and the chance for friends to get items they were unable to get that I have. This is good, this is nice.

2. It would help further to allow you to continue / complete projects that you started but were unable to complete in previous years (particularly the summer/winter ships). This would retain some exclusivity, but also allow people to feel like they are 'earning' the ships with the events, rather than just winning a random prize-pack.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

Well, more Orion hookers for me then, YO! :D

Anyhow, I hope I get the Risan corvette.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

I think it is a typo. The npc ferengi mentioned is on esd and qo'nos in a convenient location to where Q will be.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    So these character bound ships.. can I reclaim them if I dismiss them? I would hate to accidentally delete a ship I can't reclaim if I forget it's NOT actually an event ship
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Should be good in my opinion.
    1. It drops the dilithium exchange a bit hopefully, which makes it a bit better for people who've been pushed out of swapping dil for zen recently. The Zen sellers have had their cake now it's the other side's turn.
    2. It gives newer players or those who missed them a chance to get some new shiny goodies like the old event ships. Something that is always being requested. It's not exactly how people wanted it to happen but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
    3. It's added in some other nice attractive toys like the Bug ship and Bulwark, which should attract more people.

I think to keep some degree of exclusivity it would be best if it was reserved for only once per year. Maybe just roll it out in between other events to keep people interested, or....to control the dilex rate.
    SulMatuul.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So these character bound ships.. can I reclaim them if I dismiss them?
    It doesn't read that way - why not just DryDock the ship if you aren't using it?
    Still, a proper answer to that question would be nice!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Elachi Kit Module - Subspace Rift is a reward on the first play-through of "What's Left Behind'. Checked one of my Characters that has not done that Episode yet and it still appears, unless they mean to get rid of it tomorrow. Perhaps the Kobali Outfit instead.

The Type 8 Shuttle is in the Ship Vendor Store.

They should also make that Automated Defense Turret upgradeable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Thank you for this! Love finally having access to the emotes!

Like others I hope these either return periodically or the purchase option is a permanent option.

Either way thanks!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Wow, Bulwark!

Not that I'll be trying for anything, probably. But this seems like a good idea. As long as dil exchange is above 200 dil/Zen, I'll be all for dil sinks. And I'm definitely for a possibility to obtain some older/rare items (it definitely sucks for people to not be able to get Samsar's console for the 4-part Command battlecruiser set for instance).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I usually don't like or agree with how they do things but this is actually the most reasonable thing that will have happened in years with this game lol :D

It is basically all the ships that used to be locked behind a massive pay wall which I suppose they are still just as good as T6 ships just don't come with a mastery ability to learn.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    If this pans out the way I think it is, then hats off :smile: Brilliant move!
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    How many tokens for an item? Fails to inform that, a token turn in chart would be nice.
    One of the proper type.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2016
    garaks31 wrote: »
    ... a free Phoenix Prize Pack once per account, once each day while the promotion is active. Each time this is claimed, players will also receive a 1x-Use version of the “Phoenix Replica Smallcraft” Admiralty Ship. This daily account prize may be claimed by visiting either Grym on Drozana Station, or Onna at Deep Space Nine. While the event is active, players may accept a mission from their Journal that will aid in locating these new contacts.

will this free prize pack be like the old free prize pack?! like gives for every time the same lowest price possible ?!!! ;)

It is the same exact pack you would buy in the dilithium store.
    aten66 wrote: »
    What's the token trade in amount, though?

One token buys one item of the appropriate tier.
    angrybobh wrote: »
    Although it seems like the ships are character unlocks, the epic ships were account unlock (some of the UR ones too). Will those end up in the account reclaim tab of the event store? Or, If I want the 1 ship I missed (sarr theln) on all characters, do I have to try for it on each 1?

If you purchase a ship from the Redemption store it will not be an event unlock. You will need to purchase the ship on each character you wish to use it on.
    admthomson wrote: »
    Read the news post and may have overthought certain things and gotten myself slightly confused.

Just for clarification:

Questions
    1. Each account will receive 1 Box per day for free (giving a total of 7/8)?
    2. If only 7 boxes are given away then the last day to get one free will be Wednesday the 7th?
    3. If 8 boxes then the last day to get a free one will be Thursday the 8th?
    4. Boxes can also be purchased with dil but only up to the Thursday the 8th December?

Clarification
    1. Each Box is character bound
    2. Each Prize Token is account bound
    3. All items received from trading in vouchers are character bound

Rereading that I think I probably didn't understand to begin with but if anyone can answer these that would be great! :smiley:

Each account can play the mission once per day to get one box per day. If you do not play the mission (which is just talking to the NPC for a few seconds; it does not take any significant amount at all), you do not get the box. You can play the mission for the box 24 hours after you last played it for the box.

Boxes can only be purchased for a limited period of time. Once purchased, they can be opened at any point in time and items from the stores can be purchased at any point in time.

Boxes are character bound. Prize Tokens are account bound. Rewards purchased from the Store are character bound. This extends to items (such as the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Voth Bulwark) that have been otherwise available unbound; these specifically tell you on the item that they are bound and cannot be traded.
    So these character bound ships.. can I reclaim them if I dismiss them? I would hate to accidentally delete a ship I can't reclaim if I forget it's NOT actually an event ship

You cannot reclaim a ship purchased from this store if dismissed. This is purchase of one ship for one character once.
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Elachi Kit Module - Subspace Rift is a reward on the first play-through of "What's Left Behind'. Checked one of my Characters that has not done that Episode yet and it still appears, unless they mean to get rid of it tomorrow. Perhaps the Kobali Outfit instead.

The Type 8 Shuttle is in the Ship Vendor Store.

They should also make that Automated Defense Turret upgradeable.

The Subspace Rift kit module is not available in the Redemption store because it is available from a mission. This is an error with the blog.

The Type 8 Shuttle reference is the non-combat pet, not the flyable version.

How many tokens for an item? Fails to inform that, a token turn in chart would be nice.

One token buys one item of the appropriate rank.
    Post edited by crypticspartan#0627 on
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Obce the box is opened, can the cobtents be traded? Or do they remain BtC?

EDIT: Nevermind... question answered above... my bad...
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Not interested in anything from EPIC category.
    Thank you the answers spartan.

But i cant help but to feel a few items are missing. A list of items ranked from most reasonably missing to unlikely missing:

-Emergency Conn Hologram DOff (MI event)
    -Worf's Warrior sash, mustache & hairstyle, TNG uniform jacket (TNG anniversary)
    -Youn Nanov pet, Tritanium Rending Batleth, Phoenix Replica Smallcraft Admirality card (Founders Day)
    -Neal Falconer DOff (First Contact Day)
    While you may not be interested in anything in the Epic Category, you can trade that Epic Token in for TWO UR Tokens and get those rewards.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited December 2016
    I dont know about you guys but im going ALL IN on this promotion, totally BALLS TO THE WALL on these Phoenix boxs.
    Mostly for the uncommon and rare rewards, a couple vary rare, and that Jem'Hadar Attack ship oh boy....... <3
    Btw, what is "Mugato leash"?

Is that suppose to be the combat mugato?
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    I'm Missing the Ground Items.
    I have nearly everything except
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Zefram_Cochrane_Shotgun

and it's not listed :-(