test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Ice Fishing!

"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    I can't wait to punch ice into submission.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    The ice damaged my honor by making me slip like a fool. But soon the tables will turn, and rightful vengeance shall be mine.
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    I can't wait to punch ice into submission.
    jexsamx wrote: »
    The ice damaged my honor by making me slip like a fool. But soon the tables will turn, and rightful vengeance shall be mine.

QAPLA'! ;)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    or was that KER'PLAP! ... you know cause the slippping... ok Imma see myself out now
  • Options
    bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Today is a good day to fish.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Ah, Klingon ice fishing... I prefer traditional Klingon fishing more though

1. Prime stun grenade
    2. Attatch to lure
    3. Toss in lake (optionally cutting the lure (in this case, tribbles... although fed prisoners and disgraced enemies work too) to add blood to the wriggling, drowning lure)
    3a. Wait for explosion
    4. Ignore the weaklings that rise to the surface
    5. Prepare to hunt the massive beasts who survived and are now feeding on the weakling and lure
    6. ???
    7. Great honour and songs of your exploits galore!​​
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    From the looks of the pictures in the latest blog I would say they're giving us a real red herring.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    bergins wrote: »
    From the looks of the pictures in the latest blog I would say they're giving us a real red herring.
    *scare chord*
    *Q's "Oh please"*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DopGxUAoAY
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    "Tell me, do they still sing songs of the Great Fishing Trip?"
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    *scare chord*
    *Q's "Oh please"*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DopGxUAoAY

Well, it is...
    5fd9c946d64e9100d6d91b7e518c108e1479916935.jpg

... And they also worked it into one of the new sweaters, check out the Talaxian on the right:

c8f5662b578181010287170d0a3c17be1479917132.jpg
    That's right, it's a fish getting punched from above.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I am going to punch EVERY FISH IN THE FACE! Fish are NOT taking me out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    The ice fishing gauntlets look kinda badass tho... would make a cool melee weapon for general use outside the WW event
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    That settles it, I'm naming my free ship the Fish Puncher.

Alternatively, Herring Haymaker.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Holy Mackerel, Batman!!! Mr. Freeze has frozen all the fish in Gotham

Come Robin, we shall punch them out

WAM! BAM!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    Ha... I'm liking this already. :)
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Better be a klingon fisherman NPC with lines like...
    Klingon Fisherman: "Fresh fish! Freshly punched fish for sale!"
    Klingon Fisherman: "I tried my hand at dairy farming, but I just couldn't punch enough milk out of cows to make a living off it. But I did end up with some very tenderized steaks."
    Klingon Fisherman: "I've only been good at two things in my life. Punching stuff, and fishing... so I combined the two."
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    h4p4xh4p4x Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    (Monty Python's Fish Slapping Dance here... )
    Post edited by h4p4x on
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    I find it unlikely that klingons would fish like this...

It's more likely they'd blow everything up and then blame the romulans that there were no food left.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I hope the accolade (and title) you get is 'Fish Fister"
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    soo primitive using punch ,use some explosives and boom!!!!! there alof of fish
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Couldn't they just come up with a "FISHING ROD" rather than punching thru the ice? I agree a bit primitive for the 23/31st century captains.

I guess there are no fishing rods in the future?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    You should see how we adopted bobbing for apples on your human Halloween, by using ice tanks filled with disruptor fitted sharks. ;)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Ah, Klingon ice fishing... I prefer traditional Klingon fishing more though

1. Prime stun grenade
    2. Attatch to lure
    3. Toss in lake (optionally cutting the lure (in this case, tribbles... although fed prisoners and disgraced enemies work too) to add blood to the wriggling, drowning lure)
    3a. Wait for explosion
    4. Ignore the weaklings that rise to the surface
    5. Prepare to hunt the massive beasts who survived and are now feeding on the weakling and lure
    6. ???
    7. Great honour and songs of your exploits galore!​​

That's Crocodile Dundee hunting, yo.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This is a poor replacement for the snowman fight. I've done it once, and I feel bored by it already. Run to a light spot, hit the 1 key, and watch an animation of my character performing an action for 10 seconds. Then repeat, with an occasional visit from a reskinned aehala worm. What is the challenge that requires player skill? I feel like an observer as much as a participant. With the old snowman fight I wasn't just watching. I was active all the time.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Holy Mackerel, Batman!!! Mr. Freeze has frozen all the fish in Gotham

Come Robin, we shall punch them out

WAM! BAM!

Best line ever :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The fishing is a fun new activity, but seems to lack rewards. I did the whole run and only got a few ornaments. The "fragments" are a bad joke. Not worth 15 minutes.

BTW, the new blue ice looks totally unrealistic. What did they do, dump a few thousand airplane toilets into the lake?
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    I find it unlikely that klingons would fish like this...

It's more likely they'd blow everything up and then blame the romulans that there were no food left.
    That's what they do on weekdays. On weekends, punching stuff for GREAT HONOUR! would be exactly the fun and relaxing hobby a Klingon could appreciate.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I can not be more pleased with this event. I giggled nonstop watching my friend get blasted 100 yards back and walk with gummy fish on head. The fishies are very cute. It feels very polished and well done thematically and graphically.

Kudos!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    captainman2captainman2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    well i would love to enjoy this event but it is missing from the console version of Q's winter wonderland. cause that gauntlet looks cool and would love to have one. but sadly mia on console
    to the defiant and lets kick some borg tail:)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    The event is fun, but not as exciting as the Snow Overlord, who apparently has moved to the Gingerbread Village along with the Snowconian, and doesn't seem to have as high amount of rewards as the previous event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch