What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event Rewards [PC]

Comments

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so update to the T5 warship... would of preferred an update to the T5 raider.

If it is just an updated ship, I hope that means that the next anniversary event will give us a T6 Ambassador finally.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Hey...
    5fd9c946d64e9100d6d91b7e518c108e1479916935.jpg
    ...can we smack things around with this fish? If so, that would very COOL! :smiley:

Yes, that's a Winter melee weapon. And an awesome sweater.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So will this upgraded ship likely have a specialized boff seating unlike the T5 version?
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    That's no mere sword-fish! That's ... a vibrocarp!
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

If it is just an updated ship, I hope that means that the next anniversary event will give us a T6 Ambassador finally.

We already know the anniversary ship is going to be the Lukari Dorito that people voted for last month.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    @artan42 I Challenge you my good sir to a fish slapping contest! May the best fish slapper win!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    those sweaters look horrible and I want them all xD
  • Options

We already know the anniversary ship is going to be the Lukari Dorito that people voted for last month.

)= Disappointing! All ship classes to bear the name, Enterprise, should have been updated and released with T6 versions for the 50th. Especially because the Ambassador isn't even available to the new players and has only ever been given away as a very limited time reward the two times it was offered.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    it's nice that the new clothes are finally somewhat unique with their own textures/designs and such, rather than the last years' ones that were just editing-prohibited color swaps.

if this means the old jackets won't be getting anymore color sets, it'd be nice if there was a final set that required the player to own all previous outfits of the same type, combining them into one single outfit that can be freely edited.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

)= Disappointing! All ship classes to bear the name, Enterprise, should have been updated and released with T6 versions for the 50th. Especially because the Ambassador isn't even available to the new players and has only ever been given away as a very limited time reward the two times it was offered.

Worst part of the ambassador class is you cant even upgrade it to T5U so its pretty useless at endgame content for the average joe player.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    The fleet version of the Ambassador (the only way to get the T5 version if you missed the free one) is upgradable to T5U.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Those Fishing Gauntlets look cool... are they only for the event, or will they be a new year-round usable melee weapon? (Also, pictured are only KDF characters, can Fed/Roms use them, too?)

Given the KDF's propensity for going all stabby stabby on, well, everything, there is only one acceptable way to use the Fishing Gauntlet in melee combat...
    maxresdefault.jpg

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    [quote="jcsww;13117311"]
    . Especially because the Ambassador isn't even available to the new players and has only ever been given away as a very limited time reward the two times it was offered. [/quote]

This is false. You can get the Ambassador right now. It is a fleet ship.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    thay8472 wrote: »
    @artan42 I Challenge you my good sir to a fish slapping contest! May the best fish slapper win!

@thay8472 Challenge accepted you flibberrous frood.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

@thay8472 Challenge accepted you flibberrous frood.

...And so it begins.

tU51DEa.jpg
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    . Especially because the Ambassador isn't even available to the new players and has only ever been given away as a very limited time reward the two times it was offered.

This is false. You can get the Ambassador right now. It is a fleet ship.

If that is true, that is news to me. T5 or T6? We really need a T6 Ambassador!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

Where is Slapperfish when we need him?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp9T3Yx9v0Y
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @lordhavelock

Winter event starts Dec 1st.

Thanks.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @lordhavelock

Winter event starts Dec 1st.

Thanks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzL8aL6jtI
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Hey...
    5fd9c946d64e9100d6d91b7e518c108e1479916935.jpg
    ...can we smack things around with this fish? If so, that would very COOL! :smiley:

Yes, that's a Winter melee weapon. And an awesome sweater.

Now go cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with that thing, yo. o:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    I need that grinch sweater.

Also, gummy carp melee is finally a thing. *faints*

I thought it was a Gorn, not a Grinch . . .
  • Options
    arias35arias35 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So post patch, I have no graphics. My character is a floating set of teeth and hair. I'm on ESD, and there is no ESD. I can see earth and space, but there's no walls or floor, and a few NPCs made up of only hair and teeth. Beamed up, and my ship doesn't exist. I can fly it around but there's nothing there, graphically. I was so looking forward to this event as well...
  • Options
    phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Has it been confirmed that earning the Breen Chel Boalg Warship on one toon will result in an account-wide unlock?

Had a look around but haven't seen anything confirming or denying...
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Exchange Vouchers [2016] for Marks project appears to actually need 2015 Vouchers - typo or has the project not been properly updated for 2016? (Also posted in Bug Reports)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    phrg wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that earning the Breen Chel Boalg Warship on one toon will result in an account-wide unlock?

Had a look around but haven't seen anything confirming or denying...

Yes. That is the standard for all Event Ships since Summer 2015.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    arias35 wrote: »
    So post patch, I have no graphics. My character is a floating set of teeth and hair. I'm on ESD, and there is no ESD. I can see earth and space, but there's no walls or floor, and a few NPCs made up of only hair and teeth. Beamed up, and my ship doesn't exist. I can fly it around but there's nothing there, graphically. I was so looking forward to this event as well...

Try running the game in Safe Mode. If you play on the PC the Launcher has an options menu and from there you can check off Safe Mode.
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    So I havent noticed it mentioned less i missed a line reading, but is the new Breen ship account unlock or are we back to character unlocks again?
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    nikolunus wrote: »
    So I havent noticed it mentioned less i missed a line reading, but is the new Breen ship account unlock or are we back to character unlocks again?

Yes, I asked that question as well in the thread about the ship itself and haven't gotten an answer back. Many of us would like to know the answer to this.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    shantavi wrote: »
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Yes, I asked that question as well in the thread about the ship itself and haven't gotten an answer back. Many of us would like to know the answer to this.
    the article mentions that the requisition project gets replaced - account wide - with a bonus project.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg