test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CHRISTMAS WISH: Maybe this year?

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited December 2016 in Romulan Discussion
Perhaps for next year... It be nice to convert the 5 person Ice Race with its wide Track and almost quarter/half pipe walls, to be a made into a more consistent slope distribution to support sleds with a twist from summer. It be like a cross of X-Games Ski competition with Luge sleds of different characteristics for speed, turn/grip, and looks; with players competing in groups up to 5. Perhaps even a Winter Performance outfit used for winter sports like Sled/Speed Skating/High Speed Skiing.

I've also wondered how great it would be to have a slightly larger lake or river that extends its surface to make a Great Ice Skating Race against players with a track illuminated with flares... while miniature Snow Borg (much smaller than in Tides) build snow obstacles making you jump, fall or slip as you try to win the race. :o

Perhaps even allow a 2nd winter boot with sparkles and new trait's for ice skating on frozen lakes, perhaps even allow us to cross country ski to locations while Q's Peace Enforcement is enabled during the event, two new options for winter boots of a Very Rare or even Ultra Rare dynamic.

A few commented it even be nice to use some Winter items sled's & skates with updates to Andoria to encourage friendly competition inside park zone with a large sled track & skating area; in addition to extending melee combat options/rewards in the adversarial area to earn new melee crafting projects... <3<3<3

6.-Tignes_575934_SkierX_08.jpg
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    well, first this is prolly better in general than romulan sub-forum
    second, you should get your ideas in NOW for NEXT year because thats about how far out these things get planned

third a second kind of race would be interesting, but as much bitching as people do about the existing two races I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    My Christmas wish for us Romulans: a lore NPC at New Romulus Command for the Academy Quiz. Then we'd NEVER have to go to our "allied" Academy.

Please note the lower-case "lore" above: I'm not asking for us to get evil Android BOFFs. That's already taken care of with the latest expansion. B)
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    My Christmas Wish list...

1. Finish building the bloody city on Mol'Rihan please! Maybe make it unlockable to players who've completed their Romulan reputation (so as not to have to change the exterior for folks still working their reputation and missions) and a zone open to the factions. Something with vendors, Banking/exchange/mail services, and a social zone. Maybe add in couple of missions in there for additional marks or unique items (wearable Romulan armor perhaps). Something along the lines of the First city only more accessible to the player base. :)

2. A cross faction accessible Starbase and shipyards in orbit of the planet. Heck...at this point, I'd bump it up to number one if they just put a base in orbit and make it unaccessible to anyone. Sorta like the station orbiting Vulcan. You can fly around it, but you just beam to the planet surface. That idea should be a simple one as its strictly artistic.

3. Romulan/Reman Doffs available from the commendation vendor. Don't get me wrong...love my fed/KDF doffs but would love to have some more familar faces available in my Doff line up.

4. More open worlds to visit/explore that ARE NOT battlezones. We have enough of those...Defera, Kobali Prime, Nukara, the Sphere...though with Defera there is a seperate area that does allow for occassional walks in the park without getting shot at. Thinking maybe more storylines revolving around these new worlds that would be unlocked, with the initial featured episode consisting the player going to that planet (Trill, Betazed, Ferenginar, Cardassia Prime, take your pick), performing the mission(s) then allowing the player visit after they've finished the episode content.

5. If you're (you being Geko) gonna go wrap the Romulans and Klingons into this new "GLORIOUS" alliance with the Federation (i.e. the Klingons and Romulans eventually join the Federation) and rename this game "Space Adventures in the Future", or some such nonsense, make ALL future C-Store ships crossfactional. No more "saucer and tube ships" (Starships) if you're not going to create bird and beast ships (Rom/Klingon) available. Heck Cryptic! Just placate your player base by giving us a one-size fits all with no real special treatment...for ANY faction rather than the blatant favoritism you show the feds. Having everyone is crossfaction ships could solve some of that. If you're not willing to do that, just be prepared for us (KDF/Roms) to cry "bovine fecal matter" whenever you release a fed ship without any corresponding vessels for the KDF and RRF.

That pretty much sums up what I would want for Christmas in STO.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator