test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scorpion Fighter torps doing friendly damage

Scorpion fighters launched from my hangar that use Heavy Plasma Torpedo do friendly splash damage to me. This is a problem.

Comments

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Sorry, but that made me laugh out loud. I haven't used my elite Scorps since I traded my old Vesta for the Krenim Sci Ship. But I do have the 31c Sci Ship available, so I'll give them a try, this should be amusing.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    That has always been the case for ANY HY plasma torp. Either live with it or scrap the pets because that's neither a bug nor is it going away.
    Post edited by seriousdave on
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    predcon wrote: »
    Scorpion fighters launched from my hangar that use Heavy Plasma Torpedo do friendly splash damage to me. This is a problem.

"I fell in the river and got wet! Fix it so I don't get wet when I fall in!"

ALL High Yield Plasma Torpedoes have "splash on everything within radius" Plasma Burn Damage. It's the reason why I like to use the Romulan Plasma Hyper-torpedo in an Aft slot instead of a Forward one, since it shoots nothing but High Yield x3 normally.

ALL High Yield Plasma Torpedoes have "splash on everything within radius" Plasma Burn Damage. It's the reason why I like to use the Romulan Plasma Hyper-torpedo in an Aft slot instead of a Forward one, since it shoots nothing but High Yield x3 normally.

If you say it's always been like that, I won't argue with you. But it's odd I never noticed it, because I used the Elite Scorpions with my old Vesta for the better part of a year.

So, how does that parse if you are doing damage to yourself? Does it count toward your DPS?

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

If you say it's always been like that, I won't argue with you. But it's odd I never noticed it, because I used the Elite Scorpions with my old Vesta for the better part of a year.

So, how does that parse if you are doing damage to yourself? Does it count toward your DPS?

Yes it still counts. The game doesn't care where your DPS goes, so you can shot yourself in the face all day long with HY plasma torps and it'll still count as outgoing damage.
    SulMatuul.png
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited November 2016

If it came from my ship, fine. If it's from a friendly or NPC, not so much. I remember a time when the pets' HYT didn't proc the plasma fire. There was a guardrail next to your river.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    It's the nature of the beast. Just don't fly so close to your targets...
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Once you pull the pin from Mr. High Yield Plasma Torpedo, he is no longer your friend ...
    Once you pull the pin from Mr. High Yield Plasma Torpedo, he is no longer your friend ...

Full Metal Jacket?