test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Sovereign class battlecruiser

124»

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edalgo wrote: »
    The Defiant has ablative armor but not all Defiant class ships have ablative armor.

Remember the battle with the upgraded Excelsior? Her report to the Admiral was that someone forgot to mention the Defiant had ablative armor and they were having a tougher time than expected. So not all Defiants have the armor as standard equipment.

Actually it stands to reason that this upgraded Excelsior was expected to have flattened a standard Defiant class ship without armor.
    I am not sure we can make any assumptions on what is standard or non-standard. What we know is that the Defiant was the hero ship, so it was as tough as the plot demanded in Star Trek.

As I understand it, the Defiant was still "just" a prototype, and only went into production at some before or during the Dominion War. It might well be that the ablative armor became standard in the production model, but it was not yet decided on at the prototype state.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edalgo wrote: »
    The Defiant has ablative armor but not all Defiant class ships have ablative armor.

Remember the battle with the upgraded Excelsior? Her report to the Admiral was that someone forgot to mention the Defiant had ablative armor and they were having a tougher time than expected. So not all Defiants have the armor as standard equipment.

Actually it stands to reason that this upgraded Excelsior was expected to have flattened a standard Defiant class ship without armor.

At that point there were no other Defiant's where they?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    T6 Soverign Class Cruiser Retrofit (Royal Class)

4 Fore Weapons
    4 Aft Weapons

1.01 Shiled Modifier (+.1 Fleet Variant)

Leuitenant Science/Pilot (Universal Fleet Variant)
    Leuitenant Commander Engineering
    Ensign Tactical
    Commander Engineering
    Leuitenant Commander Tactical/Pilot

4 Device Slots

4 Engineering Console Slots (+1 Fleet Variant)
    2 Science Console Slots
    4 Tactical Console Slots

Hull at 42,000 (+4,200 Hull Fleet Variant)

+10 Weapons Power
    +5 Shields Power
    +5 Auxillery Power

All Four Cuiser Command Frequencies

Starship Mastery: Boldly They Rode

To Self: +5 All Power Levels for 15 seconds once every 60 seconds on use of Engineering or Pilot abilities

To Self: +2 Turn Rate for 15 seconds once every 60 seconds on use of Tactical abilities

Nerf it how you like or whatever. Just comment and tinker with it so we all have a good idea what we want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Forgot the console.

Console - Universal - Warp Core and EPS Conduits Harmonics Regulator

When equipped to any Assault Cruiser, the Regulator increases transfer rates of power levels as well as insulating power levels, giving a slight defense against tachyon based debuffs and Target Subsystems. The Regulator also enhances warp core potential, using every watt of power within the core. In addition, the regulator also decreases weapon power consumption; for every miss using energy weapons the regulator feeds back the lost energy, making the next shot free.

This console gives a passive boost to Transfer Rates, Insulators, and Warp Core Efficiency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • ravenkorr117ravenkorr117 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I haven't played in almost a year because I love my Sovereign and don't want to get a different ship, If they made a T6 version i'd buy it in a heartbeat
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    All I want to say is that the sovereign is badass and everytime I saw a veteran rocking one of these in any instance, it gave me goose bumps. It is the ultimate expression of federation grace and power. Needless to say, I'm anxiously awaiting the t6 version of this bad boy.

Edit:

Suggestion to Cryptic: Make a slightly slimmer d'deridex, give it a 4, 3 weapons set-up, and add a hangar to it. (Maybe add a broadside plasma attack to it). Then release it alongside the new vorcha and sovereign in a bundle.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    I am surprised that people aren'T talking about the accidental release of the Sovereign that was fixed shortly after the Tuesday patch?

We know it's basic stats now at least.

https://lootcritter.com/2016/10/25/oops-we-got-a-leak-from-star-trek-online-itself-t6-intel-assault-cruiser/

The BO layout is not exceptional. Maybe even outright suboptimal.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    It has a LtCdr Intel seat and Battlecloak. What more needs to be said?
    redvenge wrote: »
    That the Intel seat is also the only one that can slot science powers, for example?
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    I am surprised that people aren'T talking about the accidental release of the Sovereign that was fixed shortly after the Tuesday patch?

We know it's basic stats now at least.

https://lootcritter.com/2016/10/25/oops-we-got-a-leak-from-star-trek-online-itself-t6-intel-assault-cruiser/

The BO layout is not exceptional. Maybe even outright suboptimal.

Speak for yourself, Im super happy with that BOff layout.
    7NGGeUP.png

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    That the Intel seat is also the only one that can slot science powers, for example?
    Hey, I would drown kittens to get my Resolute that bridge layout. To each their own.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

Though according to the leak the BC is the 3pc bonus whereas the set only has 2 pieces....go figure.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

Though according to the leak the BC is the 3pc bonus whereas the set only has 2 pieces....go figure.

I still hope this isn't the case.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Well it looks like a beautiful ship that folks have been screaming for. I might (might) break my personal purchase tradition of getting the ship for my fed characters, but that all hinges upon whether Cryptic also has a Romulan T6 Science vessel scheduled for C-store release. A KDF T6 Science vessel or new carrier would also cement my purchase. If not...well, my feds will continue to live on scraps. >:)
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Well it looks like a beautiful ship that folks have been screaming for. I might (might) break my personal purchase tradition of getting the ship for my fed characters, but that all hinges upon whether Cryptic also has a Romulan T6 Science vessel scheduled for C-store release. A KDF T6 Science vessel or new carrier would also cement my purchase. If not...well, my feds will continue to live on scraps. >:)

*smirks*
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png