test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Catching the Torch

Comments

• crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2016
    *high-five*

And considering we just went to lunch yesterday...I think he can chat with devs. He's at least close enough for me to throw things at him.

*ducks before Nerf gun war*
  • sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Hello Mike, wishing you a warm welcome. :)
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    My favorite ship is the Bird of Prey, and my favorite characters are Worf and Quark.
    You passed.
    ;)

Other than that, I’ve got a wide variety of nerd interests, from those other Star things to comics, pro wrestling and theatre. You can sort of assume that if it’s happened in the geek world, I know about it, except for my own giant blind spot, anime.
    All you need is Gurren Lagann and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. You'll thank me later.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    STO: The Anime!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    *high-five*

And considering we just went to lunch yesterday...I think he can chat with devs. He's at least close enough for me to throw things at him.

STEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEEE Violence in the work place :P :)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome fresh meat

and since you're not Bajoran, we shall get along splendidly
    GwaoHAD.png
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Careful what you wish for. We've been given an alternate universe with Lens Flare, another with Film Grain. Do you really want one where every one looks as if there are Animated?
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    *high-five*

*looks around room*

I need to get a nerf gun.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Careful what you wish for. We've been given an alternate universe with Lens Flare, another with Film Grain. Do you really want one where every one looks as if there are Animated?
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, those designs are actually kind of cool...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg

And another CM converted to the dark side (fed) :open_mouth:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg
    My fave thing from TAS:
    latest?cb=20061122043414&path-prefix=en
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    *high-five*

*looks around room*

Got this set for my nephew a few years back. His sister was so mad. Until I got her one, too. ;)
    https://amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Elite-Strongarm-Blaster/dp/B00DW1JT5G
    Yup. I'm the cool Uncle. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg

I'm watching The Animated Series (1973) on Netflix now and while the animation is bad and they were too cheap to license the theme song it's cool to hear all the original cast and see some stories that are new to me.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    Seems are new Community Manager is also a fan of Klingon's, I must say this is very refreshing and quite nice to see. I must admit even I have a Klingon character who I've grown quite fond of.

Welcome aboard, I'm sure we'll all look forward to hearing more from what Morrigan & Yourself have in the works! :)

Qapla!
    0zxlclk.png
    I'm watching The Animated Series (1973) on Netflix now and while the animation is bad and they were too cheap to license the theme song it's cool to hear all the original cast and see some stories that are new to me.
    I have it on DVD. I love being able to pause playback just to study the scenery. A lot of sets were reused art, but some of them? Some have a lot of interesting background details.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Please note: Nabreeki is NOT the new CM
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    *high-five*

*looks around room*

Radioactive, Ebola Laced Nerf Gun XIV [CrtHx4]
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    how very interestink..... a Klingon fan in a posizhun to speak wit ze developurrs.... Dis will be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome aboard, or as we say in Theatre, "Break a leg!"

Hoping that your arrival heralds a bit more love for the Klingon/Romulan/Gorn (non-Fed) side of things for a change. Don't get me wrong, I have Fed characters, too, but things have seemed VERY one-sided at Cryptic for a long time. Seeing the new Sci ships for KDF and Roms is a good sign; and your arrival bodes very well, expecially!

And if you REALLY want to win NERF wars, may I direct your attention to this? Twin barrel, 50-shot, tripod-mounted, motorized Nerf Doomsday Weapon. The Nerf equivalent of Raistlin Majere gaining Superman's powers and hijacking an assimilated Deathstar while wearing Sauron's Ring. Delicious overkill. Enjoy!
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Welcome aboard, glad to have you around.

You have big shoes to fill, but I'm sure you'll do an excellent job. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    @midniteshadow7
    Thank you for this confirmation.
    I don't know how this rolling "joke" got started.
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Having worked on forums with companies like Blizzard I know how tough it can be. Takes a TRIBBLE ton of studying and personal knowledge. Besides having to interpret what a developer/programmer is trying to tell you. Like I used to be really hard to understand when it comes to computers and electrical engineering to include the math for it. I can barely make out what I wrote 10 years ago. Then there's going to be people posting 4 year old quotes of a post by cryptic people explaining something that may or may not apply today.

I don't envy you dude. Hope that torch doesn't get to hot for ya. Good luck to you Dork.

And now you have to learn Klingon. lol.

tlhIngan Hol mughwI' ?

Bing translator works okish. Sure there's better out there.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg

Aye, we just finished watching it over here. Some of the episodes were pretty fun, like the tribble one (I expected to be disappointed, to be perfectly honest) and The Practical Joker.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • iceman#0849 iceman Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Welcome to the team. I hope you will be treating PC and console fans a like.

Some general ideas to start with:
    - First thing for the forum to be updated would be to try to address these both communities with special posting options. That everyone can see what is new for PC and what is new for console players. Also the option to post flags (PC, PS4, XBOX1) to be able to search for content. (This is a relatively new aspect and it sometimes hard for even the community itself to answer the right questions, based on the fact that the sometimes do not know what platform is spoken about.
    - A regular update on the "What are the devs doing?" New content, bug fixes worked on, ideas from fans.

But I don't want to overwhelm now and keep it simple. For now live long and prosper!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    qaqIHneS - Qapla'!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Welcome, good luck, God bless, always remember there are *four* lights, never pick a fight with a drunken Klingon, and take the occasional flare up of nerdrage with a grain of salt.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
    dalolorn wrote: »
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg

Aye, we just finished watching it over here. Some of the episodes were pretty fun, like the tribble one (I expected to be disappointed, to be perfectly honest) and The Practical Joker.
    Watch "Beyond the Farthest Star"! DO IT! NOW! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    My favorite ship is the Bird of Prey, and my favorite characters are Worf and Quark.
    OOoo, I like you, already. :wink:

Welcome and good luck to you. :smiley:

It has been crazy trying to make heads or tails of communications for STO since PS4 and XBox1 was added to PC. And I mean everywhere: FB, Forums, Blogs. It was a tangled mess culminating with STO patch notes being posted as a Champions update on the FB feed. ???? That was when I gave up trying to figure it out.

The Tag-Team Community Manager thing was definitely NOT working....it was just too much to iron out all the versions of STO without a dedicated manager. So, yea!!!

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mooncrystalpowermooncrystalpower Member Posts: 126 Arc User

Ehhhehe, majorly QFT captaincelestial!...At least for ME anyways... :P And Congrats Mike on becoming the new Community Manager! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
    giphy.gif
    l6aD2g7.gif
    I am the one, the ORIGINAL/Official Sailor Moon of STO! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    ST(O)-Anime... might be nice.

There's already a manga anyways.

latest?cb=20060819015702&path-prefix=en