test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Didn´t expect T6 Rom/KDF sci ships but, here they are!

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    We already have a Tier 6 Vesta. It's called the Eternal Class. A MULTI-MISSION SCIENCE VESSEL. Not likely to get another Multi-Mission vessel anytime soon.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    *Squees at the thought of a T6 Nebula...*

There were tears. Happy tears.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nova not popular? Tell that to the Epic Admiralty Card for the Nova Variant - the Rhode Island. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    My question is, does the Whitestar ... I'm sorry, "Romulan Science Vessel" ... come in purple?

:)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    necreliosis#4763 necreliosis Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Well this is something you don't see everyday.... unless you play fed :p .
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Well I'll be damned. Finally did it but really? Tier 6 nebula? *gags* why couldn't it of been 3 Nova style ships 1 for each faction. Well least there is a final honest to god science vessel for my Sci KDF character.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My question is, does the Whitestar ... I'm sorry, "Romulan Science Vessel" ... come in purple?

:)
    I'm sure you can spray paint it purple. Also it probably has a hull mat option that's grey-ish.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I certainly hope this is not a T6 Vorcha!
    I want to say all of you are off you bloody rocker making Vorcha comparisons.
    I was interested in a Vorcha but not if its a dang gone queen science ship! I dont want do queen science ship. What a waste of a Vorcha class if it is.

I hope all you people can stop whinging now about klink and rom science ships now. It was getting old. You got your bloody queen science ships, are all of you happy now?

OF COURSE IT'S NOT A VOR'CHA.

Vor'Cha is a Battle Cruiser, this thing is a Science Vessel, Captain Oblivious. It takes some design queues from the Vor'cha but it isn't the Vor'Cha itself. Similar to what happens to tons of other ships in this game.

Funny a Fed getting upset KDF & Roms get a new ship.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Stats news is up: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10278793-science-modern-bundle-stats

Engineering/temporal as the specialty seat, 10 degrees/second for the Fed, with the Klingon and Romulan version a bit more maneuverable and a little more fragile, per standard.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Well after this announcement i'd say nearly anything is possible in STO now.

We've had the T6 Connie they said they'd never do, we've had 2 versions of it!

We've now got T6 RR and KDF science vessels, something that apparently isn't worth it as it doesn't sell......yeah ok.

So what's next? We could be getting anything people have asked for next, as they seem to be going all out for things they refused to do in the past.

New exclusive Klingon content! :tongue:
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User

Temporal boff station. Not bad. Would have liked to see some intel in the mix, but alas..

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    One thing I found kind of odd, is that the Sutherland can unlock the Venture costume (a Galaxy variant)... I wonder, how that will work out.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    One thing I found kind of odd, is that the Sutherland can unlock the Venture costume (a Galaxy variant)... I wonder, how that will work out.
    REALLY PRETTY! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    REALLY PRETTY! :p
    *Imagines a Nebula sporting the Andromeda saucer...*
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I expected a little more variation with the specs for each ship other than the minor difference in the hull strength, shield modifier and the turn rate. With the lower hull strength of 0.95 and a turn rate of 11 for the Laeosa Research Warbird, I would think an inertia rating of 50 instead of 45 would be more appropriate.

Also, for the fleet version I would have expected the Laeosa Research Warbird and the Naj’sov Research Vessel would have received an extra tactical console slot rather than an extra engineering slot which I think would be appropriate for those factions. But that's just my opinion.

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    The only thing I don't particularly care about is 4/5/2 console layout. Then again, these are sci vessels, and since I'm probably buying just the warbird, I can pretend it's Vesta and beam spam anyway, if I want to.

A bit disappointed they aren't full temporal ships, (another thing only Feds have natively right now) but not disappointed enough to gripe about it.
  • Options
    Another question, unless I missed it somewhere... How will the KDF and Romulans get access to the Tachyon Detection Grid from the Nebula retrofit?
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Another question, unless I missed it somewhere... How will the KDF and Romulans get access to the Tachyon Detection Grid from the Nebula retrofit?

Probably won't - note the Supplemental Systems console on the dreadnoughts are components 2-piece sets for Federation and Romulans, but a standalone for the KDF based on previous ship releases.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    nebfab wrote: »
    A bit disappointed they aren't full temporal ships, (another thing only Feds have natively right now) but not disappointed enough to gripe about it.
    If the previous pattern holds, then we're never going to see another full Temporal ship outside of a lockbox. It's such a waste that they come up with these unique mechanics and then never use them again.
    Probably won't - note the Supplemental Systems console on the dreadnoughts are components 2-piece sets for Federation and Romulans, but a standalone for the KDF based on previous ship releases.
    They may gain access to the console through a future lockbox, but yeah they're otherwise SoL. Fortunately it doesn't seem like a must have set bonus.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    stofsk wrote: »
    burstorion wrote: »
    Uggh, a five tac console bop would defeat the purpose of a bop in my opinion, that being the jack of all trades, master of none that can do next to anything (the Kor is an awesome sci boat as many TSCers would hopefully attest to as I fly the Kor religiously, even in places like HSE) - A 5/5 would tilt it all the way into a generic raptor with a bc which rather defeats the design - I do agree though, I would have loved the pilot bop and it was painful seeing it put in a lockbox considering what I could do with a pilot move capable bop (alpha strike charges from 12km to 5km with immunity, yum)
    Ordinarily I'd agree with you but in this case I think they opened the door to a 5/5 BoP with the D4x lockbox ship.

Plus just look at the Hegh'ta and tell me it doesn't deserve 5/1 weapons and 5 tac consoles. The ship's name literally translates into 'Everlasting death to our enemies.' That's so metal.

There is also the Temporal Raider, available to all factions. It has 5 TAC console slots also and actually a better BOP than the KDF BOPs.

They won't. From the stats page:

Item Sets

Tachyon Manipulation Technology

Items in set:

Universal – Console - Tachyon Particle Field Emitter
    Found on the following ships:
    Advanced Research Vessel [T6] – Sutherland Class
    Naj’sov Research Vessel [T6]
    Laeosa Research Warbird [T6]
    Universal – Console – Tachyon Detection Grid
    Found on the Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit

Set Bonuses

2 pc: Tachyon Manipulation Technology

+Accuracy
    +Starship Drain Expertise
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Stats news is up: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10278793-science-modern-bundle-stats

Engineering/temporal as the specialty seat, 10 degrees/second for the Fed, with the Klingon and Romulan version a bit more maneuverable and a little more fragile, per standard.

Looks like they did pull a Guardian then.

Obvious Vor'Cha refit locked out of using Vor'Cha variants for no good reason.

Obvious Aelahl refit also locked out of using Aelahl parts for same reason.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I was very excited by this new rom ship, but finally the stats are not very interesting for this faction, + the console and the starship trait are average, + 1 ensign science (that should have been lt science) then, again, no thx. the krenim sci ship (even without cloak) is more interesting.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I was interested in a Vorcha but not if its a dang gone queen science ship! I dont want do queen science ship. What a waste of a Vorcha class if it is.

I hope all you people can stop whinging now about klink and rom science ships now. It was getting old. You got your bloody queen science ships, are all of you happy now?

Vor'Cha is a Battle Cruiser, this thing is a Science Vessel, Captain Oblivious. It takes some design queues from the Vor'cha but it isn't the Vor'Cha itself. Similar to what happens to tons of other ships in this game.

Quoted for truth.

Quoted for stupidity.

It couldn't be more obviously the same ship in terms of appearance.

All it means is that the wrong design was used for a Science Cruiser, not that the Vor'Cha is a Science ship.

I'm not sure what's happened to peoples eyes.

It's like looking at the Vizier and saying it's not the Sovereign because the Sovereign wasn't an Intel ship.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    They won't.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    stofsk wrote: »
    burstorion wrote: »
    Uggh, a five tac console bop would defeat the purpose of a bop in my opinion, that being the jack of all trades, master of none that can do next to anything (the Kor is an awesome sci boat as many TSCers would hopefully attest to as I fly the Kor religiously, even in places like HSE) - A 5/5 would tilt it all the way into a generic raptor with a bc which rather defeats the design - I do agree though, I would have loved the pilot bop and it was painful seeing it put in a lockbox considering what I could do with a pilot move capable bop (alpha strike charges from 12km to 5km with immunity, yum)
    Ordinarily I'd agree with you but in this case I think they opened the door to a 5/5 BoP with the D4x lockbox ship.

Plus just look at the Hegh'ta and tell me it doesn't deserve 5/1 weapons and 5 tac consoles. The ship's name literally translates into 'Everlasting death to our enemies.' That's so metal.

There is also the Temporal Raider, available to all factions. It has 5 TAC console slots also and actually a better BOP than the KDF BOPs.

They won't. From the stats page:

Item Sets

Tachyon Manipulation Technology

Items in set:

Universal – Console - Tachyon Particle Field Emitter
    Found on the following ships:
    Advanced Research Vessel [T6] – Sutherland Class
    Naj’sov Research Vessel [T6]
    Laeosa Research Warbird [T6]
    Universal – Console – Tachyon Detection Grid
    Found on the Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit

Set Bonuses

2 pc: Tachyon Manipulation Technology

+Accuracy
    +Starship Drain Expertise

Another case of 'not missing much' really. The two-piece bonus is nothing to get excited about, and the tachyon detection grid console is definitely not one of the more worthwhile ones. IF I buy the Nebula I certainly won't waste a console slot on that.

TDG only has one useful place in this game: PVP. Outside that, stealth detection is completely irrelevant in PVE. It's another case of slotting a useless console. That Drain Expertise bonus for the 2pc better be super-amazing-balls for me to slot TDG when I no longer PVP.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    TDG only has one useful place in this game: PVP. Outside that, stealth detection is completely irrelevant in PVE. It's another case of slotting a useless console. That Drain Expertise bonus for the 2pc better be super-amazing-balls for me to slot TDG when I no longer PVP.

It's an universal console. You can put it in an engineering console slot to get the drain bonus.

Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User

That doesn't mean parts couldn't be usable, as it is for the FED Ship...

"Costume

Purchasing the Advanced Research Vessel [T6] will allow usage of the Sutherland, Magellan and Nebula costumes. Additionally it will unlock access to the Phoenix Mission Pod and Stanchions. Purchasing the Venture Class Exploration Cruiser will also unlock the Venture costume for the Sutherland."​​
  • Options
    nitewulfenitewulfe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Finally get a T[6] Science ship for ROM and KDF but no hangar bay or pet? Really Cryptic don't try and tell me it would have made the ships overpowered based on what has been released lately. Happy we finally got the ships but seriously I think you are trying to short change us as players here.
  • Options
    innuwarriorinnuwarrior Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    nebfab wrote: »
    The only thing I don't particularly care about is 4/5/2 console layout. Then again, these are sci vessels, and since I'm probably buying just the warbird, I can pretend it's Vesta and beam spam anyway, if I want to.

This kind of layout doesn't bother me at all. I usually only have 2 tac consoles in those slots anyway, the other been universal complementing my build.

As a side note I might not even buy the zen ship and only get the fleet version. I'll most likely never use the console or the trait so why pay twice for an ship I'll use the time it takes to level it

Jamal : Tactical space specialist. USS Bug Warrior and many others
    E'Mc2 : Science Reman torp T'Varo, deadly annoyance :P
    Kunmal: Tactical fed Klingon, ground specialist, USS Kanewaga
    Ka -tet Tier 5 fleet fully completed Starbase and fleet property