Options

Catching the Torch

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,323 Community Moderator
    Welcome aboard! :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    So, what do you think about ferengis? Trendy liked them, since quark is one of your favorite characters, I hope you try to push as much ferengi on us as you can :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Welcome aboard. I hope I won't have to test your Targ handling abilities too often pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    pffft...he'll be far too busy with me to have time to deal with a glorified ham sandwich​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Welcome aboard! Big shoes to fill, but I'm sure Trendy will steer you in the right direction. :smile:​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Welcome on board. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Jolan'tru Ambassador Kael

Welcome aboard sir!

My Romulan colleagues and I are looking forward to working with you as we did with Trendy.

Perhaps we may now have a player advocate to assist in our goal to include Vegemite in the replicator menu.

Again, a warm welcome.

Jolan'tru & cheers... RRF Captain Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Welcome! It sounds like you have experience dealing with salt and language! so hopefully you won't be driven mad by the ceaseless din of our howling.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Welcome and best of luck on your new job! Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you ;P
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Welcome aboard,

*Bows down and presents the almighty Ban Hammer*

Many great names have ruled the foruminiets with this Great Ban Hammer and you're now the next ruler to rule with it Kael...

In all seriousness, welcome aboard Kael...

Hopefully I can bring you as much trouble as I did with the previous CMs, hehehehe!

You know, someone at work mentioned I needed a Ban Hammer.

But I was thinking something more in the style of a Ban'tleth...

There actually was a Ban'leth at one point. You'd have to ask your predecessor where she stashed it away. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Qavan, Duy'a'Kael! You honor our House. Your predecessor set a very high standard for you to emulate. For your sake, I hope you are worthy enough to follow her path. I am glad you're here, though. Anyone whose favorite vessel is a toQDuj is someone I'd like to know better.

I noticed you used the word "rational" in your description of us. I am quite sure you will realize the horrific error you've committed in a very short order. This playerbase is many, many things. Not all of them bad. Rational, however, did not make the cut.

@Trendy - Awww! They're so cute when they still believe, aren't they? lol
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    acrosscatacrosscat Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    So it begins. Chaos reigns.

Having said that, welcome to the team. I hope you will be a good CM following Trendy's performance so far. Also, hope you can sneak a few words in edgewise with the dev team.
    nabreeki wrote: »
    The players have been talking a lot recently about reinstating the 20% chance knockdown effect for snowballs during the winter event. I know you're just getting situated, but this would be a great way to get in good with the community.

Awww yis.

____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    Argh. New names are too hard to remember especially klingon ones.

How about we refer to you by a pet name: Trendy
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    ...pro wrestling and theatre..

Isn't that the same thing ? :) Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your time here.

• Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    hmm I wonder. will you also speak up on behalf of the console community?
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Welcome aboard!

Five years moderating forums and you're still willing to make this your job? :p I'm very impressed.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Welcome aboard! As the first Foundry author (I think) to post here, I believe it's required of me to ask a few questions.

1. Are you familiar with the STO Foundry?
    2. Have you played any missions before/lately?
    3. Any thoughts about community activities relating to it?

We've got a few groups (the Foundry Roundtable podcast, Starbase UGC, and active Foundry authors more generally) who can always be counted on for support and/or ideas, if ever you consider involving the Foundry with the lots of cool stuff you have planned. Personally, I'm just looking forward to whatever (I just like structured community things) but again I think I'm obligated to say something for our sub-collective. :tongue:
    Well, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention what Branflakes did for Foundry to make it as awesome as it is. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    By the beard of Kahless, a Klingon science ship AND a Klingon Community Manager?!!!?!
    What's going on in STO lately?? :D

Oh, yeah, and Qapla' Mike!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    By the beard of Kahless, a Klingon science ship AND a Klingon Community Manager?!!!?!
    What's going on in STO lately?? :D

A chroniton inversion?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention what Branflakes did for Foundry to make it as awesome as it is. :)
    Foundry Roundtable is also setup to run Foundry community challenges of the sort that Branflakes used to (see. the Alliance Exploration Initiative.) We've been tossing around more ideas every now and again, but with the current Foundry downtime and lighting update we haven't moved forward with the next challenge.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1217239/aei-mission-challenge-voting-thread/p1
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10084263-aei-foundry-challenge-winners

I'm sure the guys would love to coordinate on more stuff like this.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Totally! I'd even be cool with it if we had a challenge just for KDF stuff!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Totally! I'd even be cool with it if we had a challenge just for KDF stuff!

No objections here. I generally love doing foundry, but there are few foundry missions for the KDF.
    Plenty of older 5 minutes dilithium grinders, but few good stories.

Edit: removed annoying double quote.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Oooh, a KDF Foundry Competition? I like this idea...
  • Options
    cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Welcome to the forums Mike!

Great to have you here, and may victories ring on your blade.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    New Meat for the slaughter MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... Seriously though welcome Mike. With Morrigan steering you in the right directions you are in seriously good hands. Morrigan has carried we the STO community safely and shipwright and I am sure you will do the same.... Suggestion. Could we possibly see a return to more live streams. It would be nice to involve the actors who lend their voices to other key characters ingame not just ST cast members. Again .... Welcome
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Welcome to the madhouse
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited November 2016
      eazzie wrote: »
      New Meat for the slaughter MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....

Welcome

Didn't we agree to withhold the spanking until one week after the inauguration?

Klingon pain stick style off course.
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
      Let the nagging begin!

Don't forget to get us our Extra Life donation rewards. They're promised "by the end of the year" so you still have time, but with Thanksgiving and Christmas time off it will be New Year's before you know it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10237463-extra-life-2016-live-stream-november-5