Install Arc

Passing the Torch

Comments

• oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    [Derailing comment removed]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    LT is been a pleasure having you as the STO CM , i dont know what else to say really , you made me laugh and enjoy the livestreams, your humor on twitter as well as in the forums made my day on numerous occasions . good luck with the new position . hope to catch you on other PWE streams and projects . i will miss you here though thats for sure .
  • colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Bring Back Smirk!!!!!!!
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Don't make us send Butts back to visit the new CM.
    I feel like I should be frightened. Should I be frightened?
    Only if you have an irrational fear of Dentists.
    Note: rational fears of dentists are perfectly normal. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Don't make us send Butts back to visit the new CM.
    I feel like I should be frightened. Should I be frightened?

Only if you have an irrational fear of Dentists.

Is it really irrational?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwCmfLxIcw
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Trendy ...
    Even Kirk couldn't dodge a promotion forever.
    Thanks for doing all you did to keep our galaxy safe. :)
    Live Long and Prosper.
    Qapla'
    Remember the I.D.I.C.
    edited November 2016
    [Unnecessary, derailing comment modded]
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
    edited November 2016
    Wait! Slow down, and give it a little bit.

Some changes may not be what you imagine them to be, Even if some or all of your concern is confirmed by prior experience, new experiences may change your entire outlook. The worst case is that you are proven right in short order, in which case you have already imagined the worst so you have nothing to lose. The best case is that what you imagined as a doomsday event is washed away by the new reality, and things are at least as good, if not better than before.

Give the change a chance. It can't harm you any worse than the fear is already doing, can it? ;)

Remember the I.D.I.C.
    edited November 2016
    [Derailing comment modded out]
    AGpDi8m.gif
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    [Reaction to previously moderated comment modded]
    /channel_join grind
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Hey folks,

I thought this post would be easier than it is. Earlier this year, I was promoted to Senior Community Manager in my team. With it, I've been able to exact some really positive changes to not only Star Trek Online, but a lot more of our titles. Yet for all the good I am able to do, I am only one person with so many hours in the day (and nights.. and weekends). So I thought, **** that - let's change that.

After numerous cloning attempts failed, we needed to bring someone on board. As much as I am capable of, I want STO to get the love and attention that it deserves. This meant bringing someone to be your dedicated Community Manager once again. In the next coming weeks, we will be passing the torch (Not the leek, that's still mine) to the newest generation of CM.

A couple key points of interest.
    • I'm not leaving leaving. My current role is still the same, allowing me to function more as an advisory. I want to see more positive change, and this is another good step in that direction. Our new CM will be helping lead that positive change, giving another voice to you folks. I'm slated to still be working alongside him.
    • The Community Manager will be working amongst Cryptic. I want them at the heart of the situation to be abreast of every change, every update as well as be able to more readily create change.
    • He's a nerd. Really. I had the opportunity to vette him alongside both me and Cryptic folks. We want the best of both worlds here.

I don't want to make any sappy remarks - it's already hard enough to keep my composure about something that's very near and dear to my heart. Thank you for everything you've given me, my beloved community. You will never know how important you have been to me these past three years.

Thank you,
    Morrigan

Thank you, I will miss you. Onwards and upwards.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
    edited November 2016
    OK, seriously though, if all is doomed in STO then it won't matter what you do. If all is not doomed, and you stick around, you can enjoy the fact is isn't doomed after all. At least wait to see if it is doomed first. I mean c'mon!

At least give Trendy the benefit of confidence in her selection process, and I doubt you will be disappointed. :)

Qapla!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Thanks again for making the forums, community and game better.

We'll miss you in the forums, but I'm willing to trust that you've found the right person for the job.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Thank you, Trendy! :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Best of luck Trendy, you'll be missed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Congrats on the advancement, Trendy :smile:

Clear horizons, calm waters, steady course!
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Thank you Trendy for all the work, you made me squeal like few managed to do. If you ever look to wind down, I got a mud pit with enough room to hang out in pig-1.gifpig-23.gifpig-25.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    You're gonna be missed at the helm, M. You did a hell of a lot work here and we knew that you always had your back. Even if it meant long sleepless nights for you. Taking pride and passion in your work, sometimes waaay too much. :)
    So thank you for everything. :smiley:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Hmmm...Place is in upheaval. Again. Trendy, you'll be missed. Anytime you want to come back and visit, please do so. I know, you're not leaving leaving. But still it may be tough to stop by for more thn a second or two. Saw the NewGuy's post over on Reddit. Some things never change, do they?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Thanks for all, Trendy!!!
    Let me just post a fast question: are the convention codes for cosplayers still on??​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Good luck in your future endeavors in the world of STO!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Good luck, Trendy - you've always done a great job on keeping the developers connected to the community.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Trendy,

Congrats on the promotion and good luck in your future endeavors.

You have been a wonderful CM, and provided us with all sorts of good times, laughs, and level headed commentary.

I thank you for a job well done.

LLAP.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Congrats on the promotion
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
      Congratulations on your promotion Trendy!

You did an awesome job here. Thanks and best of luck.

• crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
      edited November 2016
      @pwlaughingtrendy All I can say is you still better swing by the Cryptic office from time to time. I need a buddy to oooh and aaaah over the coffee machine with!

Oh. And that you're absolutely amazing. There's that too.
    • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
      *salutes Trendy*
      Glad you're not leaving leaving, you've been awesome in your role, from direct communication on personal STO issues to forum communication its a big thumbs up from me. Welcome to our new community guy and here's hoping for continuing awesomeness :smile:
      Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
      "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".