test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Disruptor and Federation Phaser ship

13»

Comments

• byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    This thread has devolved to far to be salvageable... For anyone still interested in the original topic it's been answered several times now with varying degrees of availability, I think it's best if we ended the argument before it gets anymore out of hand. How do you get moderator attention here?
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

What is the point of your post? To show how badly you can fail with a purposely bad build?
    To show what happens with a dedicated phaser build...
    1. Your Subsystem Power Levels are all set to Balanced. FAIL.
    That's how I have always played the game... F*CK YOU.
    2. Using Full Solanae Set on that purposely bad build means nothing. You could be running Full 4-piece Epic Iconian Space Set and with that terrible build, even that set will be awful on it. FAIL.
    Don't call it a 'purposely bad build'... If I had intended to do a 'purposely bad build', I would have used the lowest tier bolts ons possible... F*CK YOU.
    3. An absolutely RIDICULOUS BOFF setup
    In your opinion...
    - No Tactical Team
    Not available on the BOFFs I needed to have Fire at Will or Overload II...
    - Attack Pattern Delta :D
    Hey, it's what that BOFF has, #sorrynotsorry it doesn't meet your approval...
    - You have BFAW and BO slotted at the same time; Completely inefficient
    Gives the option of two alternative modes of fire, and thus test the premise of the phaser build... Inefficient, certainly, but also a factor in the experiment...
    - You have CRF, but no Cannons only Beam Arrays
    Again, it's what the BOFF has... I'm not going to select a different BOFF that didn't have Fire at Will, and in that BOFFs instance, that, and the attack pattern were the only things I was interested in...

The question was about Federation phasers, not Federation Phaser Cannons... I think of phasers as being beam weapons, not cannons (with the exception of the Defiant) so I'm not going to load cannons onto a beam build...
    - You have HYT, but have no torpedoes
    Same response as above... That's what the BOFF has, and I was testing phasers, not torpedoes, so what the f*ck difference does it matter if the BOFF has a torpedo skill not being used?
    - You have 1 Hull Repair ability (I think it is, it's on CD) and one Shield Repair that is on an absurdly long CD, bad if your build is intent on not doing any damage
    Engineering Team I, Reverse Shield Polarity I, and Polarize Hull I...

You've completely missed the point that I put the build together, not to have a new ship to undertake missions in, but to see what happens with a flying phaser array... Nothing more, nothing less... In that regard, I put the same Eng/Sci BOFFs in place as I would put on my Armitage, Valiant or Guardian (or any other ship I may use)
    - You're trying to use Drain abilities that demand high spec dedication, yet your build does not support that
    It works when I flip the switch, good enough for me... (and again, not the point of the build... None of the other sci BOFFs I have, have phaser-related abilities... However, just for the lols, I've tweaked the seating, and now put Science Team I and Feedback Pulse in the Lt slot, and bumped the Polarize Hull I into the ens slot... Another run through the mission will see what difference it makes in terms of overall viability for the ship/build...
    - You're not running any Emergency Power to ___ abilities. I don't care if it's EPTW or EPTS, whatever. You give no reinforcement whatsoever to your ship's capabilities
    As with the redistribution of power rather than overall balance: That's not something I've ever done when playing... I get the ship, I load the BOFFs, I load the weapons, I do the missions... I'm not bothered about that level of micro-management of the ship's systems... It either blows something up, or gets blown up; I can live with that...

So a dedicated phaser build doesn't work because a terrible player (congrats on graduating from bad with this post) can't make it work. K. Those of us with half a brain has been able to make it work for years if we wanted to. Hell i can make it work with COMMON items. So yeah...no, all you did was show off what a terrible player can do...which to nobodies surprise is not much.
    Sorry, I've been playing for weeks, not years, so get off your high-horse, and go f*ck yourself...

So...with 7k posts on this forum, you have been playing for weeks...do you really think we are that stupid?
    I've never made a secret of the fact that until very recently, I've had no access to a PC to actually play the game. My account was set up just before my own PC blew, and something more important always stopped me getting it repaired, and I've always participated as a member of the Ten Forward community, hense my post count... It's hardly secret... But hey, if calling me a liar makes you feel good about yourself, go right ahead... The people who know me, know that I'm not lying about this, but hey, great way to represent community spirit B)

I have seen you outside of ten forward for more then just thr past few weeks. So yeah...really not helping. Also i am the resident a*hole...this is my community spirit.
    Funnily enough, I have had access to the entire forum the past few years, I just very rarely posted outside of Ten Forward, because having not been able to play the game, I had nothing to contribute to the discussions... Again, I don't really care if you believe me or not, but I do resent being called a liar, and there are other posters who know that I've not had game-playing access till about 9-10 weeks ago... As for you being an a**hole, yes, you most certainly are...

What possible insight could you have had on a game you did not play.
    Precisely why I never contributed much, if anything, outside of Ten Forward till I did have game access, you tool...

If i cared more, i bet i could catch you in more lies...but you say you don't care if i believe you or not them immediately say you do. If you really don't care, then what i call you should be irrelevant. So which is it?
    Go for it... Prove that I'm lying then...

I don't care if you THINK I'm a liar, I DO care about being falsely accused of being one by an a**hole who thinks they know everything...

Go on, prove yourself right... Prove I'm lying...

I did say if i cared...which i don't. I don't have to prove anything. I think you are a liar and a moron. Want me to say otherwise? You prove it to me...because i just don't care about you...and my opinion of you so far are those things. If you really don't care...then stop posting...otherwise you do...in which case...PROVE IT.
    Burden of proof falls on the accuser, not the accused, but done...

IMG_0559_zpskq6qsneb.png

Now apologize...

Actually in cases of opinion...it really doesn't. And what the hell.is that suppose to be a pic of? Cuz i can't make anything out.
    Look closer... It's a screenshot of my account information, which says when I started playing... You owe me an apology...

And assuming i can read anything on that rather terrible screen shot, how do i know it's not photoshopped? You seem to be under the mistaken impression that you are a credible source with me a right now. Remember what i think of you before you make yourself look even more silly and desperate trying to win the approval of an a*hole.

I'm not a liar because i said so didn't work for Clinton...ain't gonna work for you either sweetie.
    :D:D

You can read it... Just be man enough to admit that you were wrong and apologize... The only one who's making themself look siily at this point, Sweetie, is you... But keep doubling down and digging yourself deeper because your pride won't let you admit you were wrong, and you don't have the balls to apologize...

See...the thing is i do apologize when i am wrong...but i don't like you, i don't believe you and i think you are an idiot. Why in God's name do you think i will believe anything you say at this point? No really...in what mental universe does that make sense? Honestly, it's getting kinda hilarious how needy you are for approval.
    No, you don't apologize when you're wrong, because you're wrong now, and I've proved you wrong, but you clearly haven't got it in you to admit it and apologize, which is why you're doubling down with the hyperbole and the insults... I don't really care if you like me, I don't like you either... As for 'needy for approval', I don't need approval from a piece of sh*t like you... You made an accusation, I refuted it. You asked for proof, I provided it. You then tried questioning the authenticity of the proof, sorry, but there's no other proof I can provide, so you can either swallow your pride, accept the proof as provided and be man enough to apologize, or not... Either way, I know that I've i) told the truth and ii) proved it as much as is reasonably possible, so I have nothing further to prove, to you or anyone else... If you need to keep slandering me to boost your own ego, that's your need, not mine...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    however, as trendy is far busier nowadays than months past, just @jodarkrider @askray or @midniteshadow7 will do

flagging any post in the thread for ToS-violating behavior will also alert them to a problematic thread

or even just waiting can work, as they DO often prowl the forums​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

What is the point of your post? To show how badly you can fail with a purposely bad build?
    2. Using Full Solanae Set on that purposely bad build means nothing. You could be running Full 4-piece Epic Iconian Space Set and with that terrible build, even that set will be awful on it. FAIL.
    Don't call it a 'purposely bad build'... If I had intended to do a 'purposely bad build', I would have used the lowest tier bolts ons possible... F*CK YOU.
    In your opinion...
    - No Tactical Team
    Gives the option of two alternative modes of fire, and thus test the premise of the phaser build... Inefficient, certainly, but also a factor in the experiment...
    Again, it's what the BOFF has... I'm not going to select a different BOFF that didn't have Fire at Will, and in that BOFFs instance, that, and the attack pattern were the only things I was interested in...

The question was about Federation phasers, not Federation Phaser Cannons... I think of phasers as being beam weapons, not cannons (with the exception of the Defiant) so I'm not going to load cannons onto a beam build...
    Same response as above... That's what the BOFF has, and I was testing phasers, not torpedoes, so what the f*ck difference does it matter if the BOFF has a torpedo skill not being used?
    - You have 1 Hull Repair ability (I think it is, it's on CD) and one Shield Repair that is on an absurdly long CD, bad if your build is intent on not doing any damage

You've completely missed the point that I put the build together, not to have a new ship to undertake missions in, but to see what happens with a flying phaser array... Nothing more, nothing less... In that regard, I put the same Eng/Sci BOFFs in place as I would put on my Armitage, Valiant or Guardian (or any other ship I may use)
    - You're trying to use Drain abilities that demand high spec dedication, yet your build does not support that
    It works when I flip the switch, good enough for me... (and again, not the point of the build... None of the other sci BOFFs I have, have phaser-related abilities... However, just for the lols, I've tweaked the seating, and now put Science Team I and Feedback Pulse in the Lt slot, and bumped the Polarize Hull I into the ens slot... Another run through the mission will see what difference it makes in terms of overall viability for the ship/build...
    - You're not running any Emergency Power to ___ abilities. I don't care if it's EPTW or EPTS, whatever. You give no reinforcement whatsoever to your ship's capabilities
    As with the redistribution of power rather than overall balance: That's not something I've ever done when playing... I get the ship, I load the BOFFs, I load the weapons, I do the missions... I'm not bothered about that level of micro-management of the ship's systems... It either blows something up, or gets blown up; I can live with that...

So a dedicated phaser build doesn't work because a terrible player (congrats on graduating from bad with this post) can't make it work. K. Those of us with half a brain has been able to make it work for years if we wanted to. Hell i can make it work with COMMON items. So yeah...no, all you did was show off what a terrible player can do...which to nobodies surprise is not much.
    Sorry, I've been playing for weeks, not years, so get off your high-horse, and go f*ck yourself...

So...with 7k posts on this forum, you have been playing for weeks...do you really think we are that stupid?
    I've never made a secret of the fact that until very recently, I've had no access to a PC to actually play the game. My account was set up just before my own PC blew, and something more important always stopped me getting it repaired, and I've always participated as a member of the Ten Forward community, hense my post count... It's hardly secret... But hey, if calling me a liar makes you feel good about yourself, go right ahead... The people who know me, know that I'm not lying about this, but hey, great way to represent community spirit B)

I have seen you outside of ten forward for more then just thr past few weeks. So yeah...really not helping. Also i am the resident a*hole...this is my community spirit.
    Funnily enough, I have had access to the entire forum the past few years, I just very rarely posted outside of Ten Forward, because having not been able to play the game, I had nothing to contribute to the discussions... Again, I don't really care if you believe me or not, but I do resent being called a liar, and there are other posters who know that I've not had game-playing access till about 9-10 weeks ago... As for you being an a**hole, yes, you most certainly are...

Precisely why I never contributed much, if anything, outside of Ten Forward till I did have game access, you tool...

If i cared more, i bet i could catch you in more lies...but you say you don't care if i believe you or not them immediately say you do. If you really don't care, then what i call you should be irrelevant. So which is it?

I don't care if you THINK I'm a liar, I DO care about being falsely accused of being one by an a**hole who thinks they know everything...

I did say if i cared...which i don't. I don't have to prove anything. I think you are a liar and a moron. Want me to say otherwise? You prove it to me...because i just don't care about you...and my opinion of you so far are those things. If you really don't care...then stop posting...otherwise you do...in which case...PROVE IT.

IMG_0559_zpskq6qsneb.png

Now apologize...

Actually in cases of opinion...it really doesn't. And what the hell.is that suppose to be a pic of? Cuz i can't make anything out.
    Look closer... It's a screenshot of my account information, which says when I started playing... You owe me an apology...

And assuming i can read anything on that rather terrible screen shot, how do i know it's not photoshopped? You seem to be under the mistaken impression that you are a credible source with me a right now. Remember what i think of you before you make yourself look even more silly and desperate trying to win the approval of an a*hole.

I'm not a liar because i said so didn't work for Clinton...ain't gonna work for you either sweetie.

You can read it... Just be man enough to admit that you were wrong and apologize... The only one who's making themself look siily at this point, Sweetie, is you... But keep doubling down and digging yourself deeper because your pride won't let you admit you were wrong, and you don't have the balls to apologize...

See...the thing is i do apologize when i am wrong...but i don't like you, i don't believe you and i think you are an idiot. Why in God's name do you think i will believe anything you say at this point? No really...in what mental universe does that make sense? Honestly, it's getting kinda hilarious how needy you are for approval.
    No, you don't apologize when you're wrong, because you're wrong now, and I've proved you wrong, but you clearly haven't got it in you to admit it and apologize, which is why you're doubling down with the hyperbole and the insults... I don't really care if you like me, I don't like you either... As for 'needy for approval', I don't need approval from a piece of sh*t like you... You made an accusation, I refuted it. You asked for proof, I provided it. You then tried questioning the authenticity of the proof, sorry, but there's no other proof I can provide, so you can either swallow your pride, accept the proof as provided and be man enough to apologize, or not... Either way, I know that I've i) told the truth and ii) proved it as much as is reasonably possible, so I have nothing further to prove, to you or anyone else... If you need to keep slandering me to boost your own ego, that's your need, not mine...

This would be hillarious if it wasn't so sad. No seriously...what part of I don't like you one bit and don't trust you one bit is so hard for you to understand? Yeah if others want to believe you...fine. I have no issues with that. Me personally...you have run out of ANY goodwill at this point. Seriously, you can tell me the sky is blue and I would not believe you. That is how little repect and belief I have left for you. Deal with it. Your entire run on this thread has been just an escalation in showing off how stupid, how shady and how mental you are. If you are going to be a little ****...at least be a clever one. Using profanity does not make you clever. It makes you crude. If you are going to insult somebody, make it interesting at least. But seriously...your need for my approval is kinda creepy at this point.

If it will make you leave me alone...there there, I believe you...happy now?
    No.

Make a sincere apology, acknowledging that you were wrong to doubt my word, and that I have provided as much proof -- as demanded by you -- as is reasonbly possible...

So no, the only shady person here is you, because you won't admit you're wrong, and now just resorting to ridicule and insults to try and make yourself look better...

I provided the proof, you owe me an apology...

In your opinion...
    - No Tactical Team

IMG_0559_zpskq6qsneb.png

Now apologize...

This would be hillarious if it wasn't so sad. No seriously...what part of I don't like you one bit and don't trust you one bit is so hard for you to understand? Yeah if others want to believe you...fine. I have no issues with that. Me personally...you have run out of ANY goodwill at this point. Seriously, you can tell me the sky is blue and I would not believe you. That is how little repect and belief I have left for you. Deal with it. Your entire run on this thread has been just an escalation in showing off how stupid, how shady and how mental you are. If you are going to be a little ****...at least be a clever one. Using profanity does not make you clever. It makes you crude. If you are going to insult somebody, make it interesting at least. But seriously...your need for my approval is kinda creepy at this point.

If it will make you leave me alone...there there, I believe you...happy now?
    No.

Make a sincere apology, acknowledging that you were wrong to doubt my word, and that I have provided as much proof -- as demanded by you -- as is reasonbly possible...

So no, the only shady person here is you, because you won't admit you're wrong, and now just resorting to ridicule and insults to try and make yourself look better...

I provided the proof, you owe me an apology...

Umm...no. This is getting really sad...and more then kinda creepy now.

What's creepy about insisting that you apologize after you accused me of lying, because of your own assumption and entitlement to speak on behalf of the forum, and then demanded proof... I provided you with proof, but rather than being man enough to apologize, you then, laughably, denied being able to read it, and then tried to accuse me of photoshopping it... You're now and now just digging yourself into a pit of embarassment by trying to run down my reputation, just because you haven't got the balls to just admit you were wrong and apologize like a man... Pretty pathetic really, and shows the forum just what a loser you are, because you can't even admit to being proved wrong, and apologize...
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Here are some ideas how i would change that setup:
    1) - go to skill manager on Earth Stardock (he is in the "cellar" almost under that admiral Quinn that gives promotion "missions") and buy some hull and shield repair skills for boffs (you can also get some nice tactical skills here)
    2) if possible switch frontal beams to double arrays or double cannons or heavy double canons
    3) if possible switch at least some rear weapons to turrets (or omni-beams - you got Solenae set so you should do Dyson Intro - it give Antiproton Omni - just replay it)
    4) i always put at least one torpedo on any of my builds - once i strip the shields with beams and cannons, then the torpedos are really usefull on actually doing bad things to enemy health

I don't actually use any Emergency power... skills on my builds, and my power balance is normally set to defence, but it works for me - at least for normal missions and PvE (and i place 1st on CC normal many times - but that is with T6 ships full of set gear and Purple Mk XII)

Also it is actually important how you play in action - i know someone that on PC uses only mouse - for steering ship, shooting on enemy (by clicking mouse on enemy every time), rotating the view and activating any power... that really inefficient, but i could not (and i tried hard to) teach him to use keyboard for shortcuts or at least steering and shooting....
    The fact that me accepting your word being so important is really creepy. Like stalker creepy. I'm sorry...but I make it a habit not to believe people who make my skin crawl. And I'm not running anything down...you are doing that just fine all on your own. Likely hood of me believeing you is going down even more...didn't think that was possible...but you somehow did it. Congrats?
    Oh I don't need you to accept my word, and in that regard, I don't really care if you believe me or apologize or not... On a personal level... But you have accused me of lying on a public forum, and I can't let that slide, because you're wrong... You're wrong, and I've proved you wrong, and now that I've proved you wrong, you're trying to big yourself up by trying to run me down, by saying I'm 'needy' and 'creepy', rather than just being man enough to adimt that you were wrong, and issue a sincere apology and retraction of your false allegations... By all means, keep proving to everyone what a useless, gutless piece of sh*t you are... I've proved my word... You're the only one continuing to make allegations, and make yourself look like a punk...
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Now apologize...
    zicBwQ0.png
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    edited November 2016
    The fact that me accepting your word being so important is really creepy. Like stalker creepy. I'm sorry...but I make it a habit not to believe people who make my skin crawl. And I'm not running anything down...you are doing that just fine all on your own. Likely hood of me believeing you is going down even more...didn't think that was possible...but you somehow did it. Congrats?
    Oh I don't need you to accept my word, and in that regard, I don't really care if you believe me or apologize or not... On a personal level... But you have accused me of lying on a public forum, and I can't let that slide, because you're wrong... You're wrong, and I've proved you wrong, and now that I've proved you wrong, you're trying to big yourself up by trying to run me down, by saying I'm 'needy' and 'creepy', rather than just being man enough to adimt that you were wrong, and issue a sincere apology and retraction of your false allegations... By all means, keep proving to everyone what a useless, gutless piece of sh*t you are... I've proved my word... You're the only one continuing to make allegations, and make yourself look like a punk...

You haven't proved ANYTHING. You made you case...and I am sure there are people on your side. I made my case that I don't believe you and I am sure there are people on my side. You are so certain you "proved" your case, then what I accused you of should be meaningless...because you proved youself. I mean how much of an insecure little twit do you have to be to continue to harrass the issue? You are sure you proved yourself...right...then that should be that. I don't trust you. I am sure others do not either after all this need to be believed **** you spewed out. I don't like you...once again I am sure there are others who feel the same. And I am sure there are people who believe you and like you for some reason...it just ain't ME. Welcome to a forum...not everyone like you...deal.
    :D
    I have proven, as you insisted that I do, as far as is reasonably possible, that I only started playing the game 10/9/2016, despite having been a forum member since 7/31/2012, due to computer issues... Any reasonable person can tell the screenshot is undoctored... So, you DO owe me an apology, and I won't stop posting about it till you issue a public apology and retraction of you previous statement of 'do you think we're all that stupid'...

You don't speak for the forum, so you don't get to say sh*t like that or 'it just ain't me'... It IS just you, no one else is involved, just you and me, so be a f*cking man, and have the good grace to accept that you made an incorrect assumption, have been proven wrong, and now need to apologize like a man...
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Okay, what are you two arguing about again?

(*and hey, I know MDK hasn't been able to access the game for a while until back in September because of technical issues-he was all gaagaa about being able to actually log in fairly recently, to the point he's been unavailable to work on a project... because he's playing a ****-ton of content he hadn't been able to until very recently.)
    Thanks, dude, much appreciated B)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    1) - go to skill manager on Earth Stardock (he is in the "cellar" almost under that admiral Quinn that gives promotion "missions") and buy some hull and shield repair skills for boffs (you can also get some nice tactical skills here)
    2) if possible switch frontal beams to double arrays or double cannons or heavy double canons
    3) if possible switch at least some rear weapons to turrets (or omni-beams - you got Solenae set so you should do Dyson Intro - it give Antiproton Omni - just replay it)
    4) i always put at least one torpedo on any of my builds - once i strip the shields with beams and cannons, then the torpedos are really usefull on actually doing bad things to enemy health

I don't actually use any Emergency power... skills on my builds, and my power balance is normally set to defence, but it works for me - at least for normal missions and PvE (and i place 1st on CC normal many times - but that is with T6 ships full of set gear and Purple Mk XII)

Also it is actually important how you play in action - i know someone that on PC uses only mouse - for steering ship, shooting on enemy (by clicking mouse on enemy every time), rotating the view and activating any power... that really inefficient, but i could not (and i tried hard to) teach him to use keyboard for shortcuts or at least steering and shooting....

Dual beams and omnis (Or cannons and turrets) would take advantage of the escorts maneuverability, but you can broadside okay in one too (just doesn't quite take advantage of the ship's strengths). Recommend making sure you've got tactical consoles full of what boosts whatever damage type you're on (phaser relays for phasers - the 'beam' versions have some uses, but aren't as effective for a single damage type. Exchange should have some decent high level ones for cheap)

Switch weapon power to 100 (there's some other tricks with doffs and power boosts that can be effective, but it's a good start) - you'd be surprised what a difference it makes. Probably make shields or maneuverability 50 - you're an escort, space magic is for the eggheads, you're hear to blow up things the old fashioned way - with collimated nadion particle blasts.

Skills are hard to make out, but I see some things that could be improved: You've got cannon and torpedo skills in there, and you aren't using either of those weapons - easiest replacement is to get tactical team for both, so you can keep it up full time. It gives a big damage boost and solves the problem of shield distribution for you.

Attack Pattern Delta is not bad in PVE mission play (everything shoots at you) but attack pattern Beta is often better since it affects what you're hitting, and with beam fire at will, you're smacking a lot.

I would recommend replacing science skills with shield heals and a hazard emitter. Science team is not quite as good as transfer shield strength, but clears debuffs like subnucleonic beam. Hazard emitter clears things like damage over time and the Borg shield neutralizer effect, and gives a minor hull heal. Those would help your longevity.

Without worrying about space magic, you can find shield capacity and shield skill consoles that boost the heals. (I can't make out if that's an emitter array or a flow capacitor in the right two).

Also: @marcusdkane, big recommendation for those base phasers - they're sort of okay at 50, but the enemies start to really scale up - once you find some weapons you like, do the upgrading to get them to Mk XIV, it's one of the easiest ways to boost damage. Mk IX to X isn't much, but X to XIV is huge
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    ...Also: @marcusdkane, big recommendation for those base phasers - they're sort of okay at 50, but the enemies start to really scale up - once you find some weapons you like, do the upgrading to get them to Mk XIV, it's one of the easiest ways to boost damage. Mk IX to X isn't much, but X to XIV is huge

While Mk XIV gear is much better than Mk X, it's luxury item for anyone not die-hard PvP.
    It's like switching to Porsche to drive to work - it will work beatifull but is it really what you need?

Instead once you hit level 50, start working on Undine Reputation.... wait a minute... are you playing PC on Console? I don't think the Consoles version have Reputations enabled yet?
    Oh well, when you can, try do daily projects for Undine Reputation - it will drop random gear, including Disruptor and Phaser weapons - you can get nice Purple (Very Rare) Mk XII phasers here with Biomolecular... something effect :)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, what others have said. Go to the skill trainer underneath Admiral Quinn's office and purchase skill trainers for the BOFFs who have skills you don't need. Replace useless skills with useful skills and slot phaser boost tac cosoles. Having an empty console slot is not wise. Also, doing reputation will get you lots of nice gear (or gear you can sell to vendors for ec). The biomolecular phasers are nice phasers, especially when you're fighting Undine.

Still, with an escort, cannons would hit hardest and take advantage of maneuverability and turrets on the rear would aid that. I'm with the person who said they slot at least one torpedo, I do that as well. Torpedoes tear up ships after you take out shields.

But if you can't be bothered to re-skill your BOFFs when needed, that will lower your fighting ability in space and ground. Tap your 'U' button and then click your skills tab and the BOFF and you'll see that you can train them to other skills. I always retrain BOFFs, especially since I usually run cruisers or sci ships rather than escorts, so I have no need of cannon abilities.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    ...Also: @marcusdkane, big recommendation for those base phasers - they're sort of okay at 50, but the enemies start to really scale up - once you find some weapons you like, do the upgrading to get them to Mk XIV, it's one of the easiest ways to boost damage. Mk IX to X isn't much, but X to XIV is huge

While Mk XIV gear is much better than Mk X, it's luxury item for anyone not die-hard PvP.
    It's like switching to Porsche to drive to work - it will work beatifull but is it really what you need?

Instead once you hit level 50, start working on Undine Reputation.... wait a minute... are you playing PC on Console? I don't think the Consoles version have Reputations enabled yet?
    Oh well, when you can, try do daily projects for Undine Reputation - it will drop random gear, including Disruptor and Phaser weapons - you can get nice Purple (Very Rare) Mk XII phasers here with Biomolecular... something effect :)

Ah, but those aren't basic phasers. :p But certainly you can see going for mk XII (mk XIV isn't that bad, I'm not talking about getting everything to gold, a couple weeks of dil and superior tech upgrades would cover weaponry).
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Going back to the OT, surely Elite fleet Phasers and Disruptors are the Fed / Klingon specific versions? They have unique procs (healing for the Elite phasers, shield breaking for the disruptors) and are only available to characters from or allied to that faction.

So they're in game - not particularly good and tied to high-tier fleets - but they do exist.
    edited November 2016

Dual beams and omnis (Or cannons and turrets) would take advantage of the escorts maneuverability, but you can broadside okay in one too (just doesn't quite take advantage of the ship's strengths). Recommend making sure you've got tactical consoles full of what boosts whatever damage type you're on (phaser relays for phasers - the 'beam' versions have some uses, but aren't as effective for a single damage type. Exchange should have some decent high level ones for cheap)

Switch weapon power to 100 (there's some other tricks with doffs and power boosts that can be effective, but it's a good start) - you'd be surprised what a difference it makes. Probably make shields or maneuverability 50 - you're an escort, space magic is for the eggheads, you're hear to blow up things the old fashioned way - with collimated nadion particle blasts.

Skills are hard to make out, but I see some things that could be improved: You've got cannon and torpedo skills in there, and you aren't using either of those weapons - easiest replacement is to get tactical team for both, so you can keep it up full time. It gives a big damage boost and solves the problem of shield distribution for you.

Attack Pattern Delta is not bad in PVE mission play (everything shoots at you) but attack pattern Beta is often better since it affects what you're hitting, and with beam fire at will, you're smacking a lot.

I would recommend replacing science skills with shield heals and a hazard emitter. Science team is not quite as good as transfer shield strength, but clears debuffs like subnucleonic beam. Hazard emitter clears things like damage over time and the Borg shield neutralizer effect, and gives a minor hull heal. Those would help your longevity.

Without worrying about space magic, you can find shield capacity and shield skill consoles that boost the heals. (I can't make out if that's an emitter array or a flow capacitor in the right two).

Also: @marcusdkane, big recommendation for those base phasers - they're sort of okay at 50, but the enemies start to really scale up - once you find some weapons you like, do the upgrading to get them to Mk XIV, it's one of the easiest ways to boost damage. Mk IX to X isn't much, but X to XIV is huge

echatty wrote: »
    Yeah, what others have said. Go to the skill trainer underneath Admiral Quinn's office and purchase skill trainers for the BOFFs who have skills you don't need. Replace useless skills with useful skills and slot phaser boost tac cosoles. Having an empty console slot is not wise. Also, doing reputation will get you lots of nice gear (or gear you can sell to vendors for ec). The biomolecular phasers are nice phasers, especially when you're fighting Undine.

Still, with an escort, cannons would hit hardest and take advantage of maneuverability and turrets on the rear would aid that. I'm with the person who said they slot at least one torpedo, I do that as well. Torpedoes tear up ships after you take out shields.

But if you can't be bothered to re-skill your BOFFs when needed, that will lower your fighting ability in space and ground. Tap your 'U' button and then click your skills tab and the BOFF and you'll see that you can train them to other skills. I always retrain BOFFs, especially since I usually run cruisers or sci ships rather than escorts, so I have no need of cannon abilities.

Thanks for the feedback, guys, it's much appreciated B) Before addressing points, I want to reiterate, and I cannot stress the following strongly enough: The build of the Kasabian was an experiment to address to OP's comment about a Federation Phaser Ship...

It was never intended to be a ship to use to actually progress through missions-to-come...

I'm playing a level 55 toon, who either flies an Armitage, a Valiant, or (now) a Guardian... The Kasabian was a 'forgotten ship' with empty slots which I was able to load quickly with all beams to see how the concept would work... That's all... It is not a ship I intend to use in new missions-to-come

My typical 'bare-bones' build (for the Valiant-Class) involves:

Fore Weapons:
    Quantum Torpedoes (Rare, Mk VII and Mk XI)
    Dominion Polaron Dual Cannon (Rare Mk XI x 2)

Aft Weapons:
    Quantum Mine Launcher (Uncommon Mk XI)
    Ancient Omni-Directionsl Beam Array (Very Rare)
    Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare Mk V)

Stations:
    Tac Team I and Cannon Rapid Fire I
    Torpedo High Yield I, Beam Array Overload II, Torpedo Spread III, Attack Pattern Omega III
    Fire at Will I, Dispersal Pattern Alpha I and Cannon Rapid Fire II
    Eng Team I and Reverse Shield Polarity I
    Polarize Hull I and Energy Siphon I

The consoles (which were) in use...
    Eng:Monotanium Mk VIII (Rare) Electroceramic Hull Plating Mk XI (Common) Tetraburnium Hull Armor Mk XI (Common)

Sci:Countermeasure System Mk IX (Common) Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI (Common) Nausicaan Siphon Capacitor Mk XI (Very rare)

Tac:Antiproton Mag Regulator Mk X (Uncommon) Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII (Uncommon) Ionized Gas Sensor (Epic) Directed Energy Distribution Manifold Mk II (Rare)

All stuff I plan on upgrading (powered by Solanae deflector, impulse engine and shields, with an Obelisk Subspace Rift warp core...) but to be honest, I've no complaints with the results thus far... I've followed the 'DPS Rules' of matching weapon types rather than multitple variations of similar types, and matching consoles which will enhance those weapons... Other ships have different builds as slots allow... I am grinding to get the ec for tech upgrades, which, at the moment, I'm focussing on the eng/sci/tac consoles, rather the individual weapons (for example, at the moment, I'm upgrading the engineering console which increases turn so the Guardian will turn faster, rather than just wallowing around taking hits) Overall, I'd rather be flying a tank (albeit a maneuverable one) than a glass-cannon... B)

A point of note about my play-style, which I said upthread, is that my only goal with this game, is mission completion...

That. Is. All.

I'm not interested whatsoever in PvP...

I'm not interested in joining fleets...

I'm not interested in reputation...

I'm not interested in DPS Queening (beyond what will reasonably increase efficiency through weapon/console matching etc)

I just want to Complete The Missions as efficiently as possible (with some decent ships, and good-looking BOFFs) by myself, at my own pace, for my own enjoyment...

So while I do sincerely appreciate every piece of advice and feedback, much of it is already things I'm doing (in terms of more linking between layouts and the BOFF's skills) or things like retraining them, at the moment, doesn't really interest me, but I might look into it at a later date... B) At the moment, they do everything I need them to do with the layouts which I actually use to progress the game, rather than the incongruity of their skills compared to what was and is only ever intended as a disposable experimental build...

With regards the Kasabian, as mentioned upthread, I had switched the Sci slots around to have Science Team I and Feedback Pulse in the Lt slot, and Polarize Hull in the Ens slot... I had kicked the weapon power up to maximum... (I've also since swapped in newly acquired 'hull plating consoles' (without checking in the game, I can't remember which they were, but it gave a significant boost to the stats)

The ship is now much more durable compared to it's initial outing...

Where it was claimed that having Beam Overload and Fire at Will on the same cool-down was inefficient, and at the time, I agreed, I would like to revisit that and disagree... Fire at Will has a 30(ish) second cool-down... Beam Overload has a 15(ish) second cool-down...

So while the two beam modes can't be fired simultaneously as an Overloaded Fire at Will, it does mean that every 15 seconds(ish) I can fire one or the other, in conjunction with one or the other attack patterns... So it's either firing at will, or overloading the beams... Hardly the inefficiency which the load was previously accused of being...

So, it is now a sustainable weapons load, but it's not one which I would repeat on one of my other ships, because, as I've mentioned, the other builds i) do it better, and ii) are more varied, and so more fun (which is all I care about...)

Thanks again for the input, it's much appreciated... B)
    Okay fine. Since patrickngo is backing up your story and I do believe him, I will admit that you are not liar and you were being truthful about not being able to play for a long time. I apologize for that mistake.

Still don't like you. You are still a terrible player who seems to think you know more about the game than people who are experts at it. But hey, the game is super easy...do whatever you want...but don't claim things about the game you know nothing about.
    Thank you, apology accepted...

No need for the second paragraph, but whatever, thank you for having the stones to admit your mistake and apologizing... B)

• byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Was that apology really worth all the damage getting it has done? I don't think anyone is going to look at your posts in the same light ever again, I know I won't. Should have just backed off and let the discussion return to the matter of faction weapons.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Was that apology really worth all the damage getting it has done? I don't think anyone is going to look at your posts in the same light etver again, I know I won't. Should have just backed off and let the discussion return to the matter of faction weapons.
    Yes, it's a matter of self-respect... I'm not a liar, and I won't tolerate anyone calling me a liar on a public forum... If I'd have backed off, it would have been as good as admitting I had lied, which I had not done... You might be happy to let people call you a liar, I'm not... As I said before, don't mask your thoughts by projecting them onto others... [Edit] If you look upthread, you will see another poster state that if they had received such a reaction and treatment, they would have responded in EXACTLY the same way, so please lay off the shaming and projection...

Given the attitude of the forum, which I don't actually need to play the game, I'm not really concerned with how anyone 'looks at my posts', but one thing I will reiterate, is that I am NOT a liar, and will not tolerate being called one by anyone... If you want to let people treat you like that, that's your call... Coldnapalm was gracious enough to apologize, I accept his apology, so the matter is closed...

I made a post on my actual playing layout and thoughts, so if you'd care to offer feedback on that, I'd be interested for your thoughts B)
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Too many posts in this thread are just bickering! /Closed
This discussion has been closed.