test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizkids promo issue

So I just go word from the place I preordered my Attack Wing 27 Sovereign from that they didn't receive nearly the number of units they ordered and that they're not expecting any more. Is anyone else having problems getting their orders? And if this was severely underproduced, will Cryptic make this available some other way?

Comments

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    That would undoubtedly violate the agreements that allowed it to happen at all. If your seller came up short, I'd recommend lining up a second order.

I mean there could be some sort of time limit on the exclusivity that would let Cryptic sell it directly in a year or so, but Cryptic's pattern on exclusives has been remarkably hardcore: you miss it, it's gone. PERIOD.
  • lilgoth89lilgoth89 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    the shop i pre-ordered from sent me this when i asked them where my order was

''At the moment our suppliers have not received their copies so we do not have a set date for when we will get these items in stock. ''

looks like they vastly underestimated how many people wanted these...

• quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    does the code work with the consoles? How so?
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    The ships do not exist in the console version, right? So the codes would not work.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    The game shop I talked to said that the East Coast had their models available. The West Coast would be getting theirs this next week. For people outside the US, you might want to talk to your friends who live in the US to see if they can buy an extra ship for the code.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    Was just in a store today on the west coast that had them - they were all pre-ordered and were just waiting for folks to show up and pay for them or I'd already be flying around in mine :).
  • atctexx#9688 atctexx Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Got mine today. And ordered another.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Total fail on Cryptic's part. Announce a cross promotion on an item that's already sold out.

Guess that's one way to encourage people to buy fleet modules, eh? Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    valethar wrote: »
    Total fail on Cryptic's part. Announce a cross promotion on an item that's already sold out.

Guess that's one way to encourage people to buy fleet modules, eh? Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!

The fault is not Cryptic. They more or less had an agreement with WizKids to promote this particular Attack Wing expansion / repaint / whatever. It is up to Wizkids to ensure there are enough copies of the product to meet the demand. Therefore, the fault is with WizKids since it seems demand exceed that they expected.

You can always contact WizKids to find out if and when more copies will be produced. If this is a limited run production and all products have been sold out... then well...ISTBU (it sucks to be you) and everyone else who wants one.

Me? I was planning to wait so that I can compare the Archeron and Vizier to determine if I want both of 'em, one of 'em, or none of 'em.

You can always contact WizKids' customer service to find out when they expect more shipments to be sent out. Maybe WizKids "did a Nintendo" who likely purposely released an initial production run of the NES Classic Mini for $60 retail to see how much of a demand there is for that console. The initial production run was so low and the demand is so high that these $60 products are being listed for $4,000+ on ebay.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I have the Intel version, the console ability is "meh" and the bonus to it is barely okay. I don't have the WizKids / Command version nor its console so I cannot comment on that. But if you're looking for the Full 3 Piece Bonus to have Battle Cloak, then that means stuffing the T5 Regent Metreon Gas Cannister Console, which is stupidly impotent and has no bonus. Slotting that console alone gimps your build for a long CD gimmick ability that lacks any bite. You may as well designate a console slot and declare it VOID if you want to use the Metreon Gas Cannister for the set.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    But that Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo (from the T5) actually looks usefull...
    The T6 Archon comes with a wide angle torp too.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    This "promotion" is doing the opposite for me.

I will not be buying the zen version until I receive my Wizkids version.

My store gave me a similar story about touching base with their distributor as well.

WAI?
  • rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Just makes me wonder about WK...I figured I'd look for it in person, so I looked up places on their website, one of them doesn't carry Attack Wing (and wasn't sure they ever had) and the other place was so closed that not only was it no longer a games/comics shop, but it wasn't even the hair salon that replaced it :-)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    saber1973a wrote: »
    But that Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo (from the T5) actually looks usefull...
    That torpedo used to be decent about 3-4 years ago. Since then there's at least 10 torps that have come out that are better.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    Still no luck for finding this...

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Got mine today. And was on sale. So sweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Got the call Friday night that the Wave 27 was in. I picked it up yesterday and the code worked right away. From my conversation earlier in the week with the store checking on the status of the 'pre-order', she asked if I was such-and-so. I said no. That seemed to make it clear to me that only two people had pre-ordered at that store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    @Wizkids is now saying the next shipment should be sometime in December.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I managed to finally pick up my Wizkids figurine today. I was lucky apparently as my local store was supposed to receive 3 units but they only ended up receiving 2 which would have left me as the odd man out. Fortunately, the owner got a heads up that he was only receiving 2 and had a buddy ship him one from half way across the US.

Don't give up OP. Be persistent in your pursuit, and you may eventually get one.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I managed to finally pick up my Wizkids figurine today. I was lucky apparently as my local store was supposed to receive 3 units but they only ended up receiving 2 which would have left me as the odd man out. Fortunately, the owner got a heads up that he was only receiving 2 and had a buddy ship him one from half way across the US.

Don't give up OP. Be persistent in your pursuit, and you may eventually get one.

Are you from the UK? Finding it very difficult to find stores that sell Star Trek Attack Wing. Wayland Games is the only online distributor that seems to be selling and it isn't even out yet and they had to stop pre-orders. Makes me think the actual stores won't even have them at all, even if they do sell Attack Wing.

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    anyone have a link or number for a distributor I could buy one???? No stores in Co. USA will ever carry any attack wing ever again.. I pre-ordered and still cant get one- just a "sorry we didnt honor your preorder"
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    kintisho wrote: »
    No stores in Co. USA will ever carry any attack wing ever again..

Huh?

Just picked mine up today. The owner thanked me, commenting about how many people called him after he ordered mine. I suspect he ordered as many as they'd let him after I showed an interest and he looked into it, otherwise why would be thank me?

But tell me why no store will carry this? Orders might not have been filled, and those lost customers were not customers before, so no huge loss, but those who got their orders? They were not customers before, but now this group of gamers has been exposed to a new game, and now that they have their neat little ship (and I can say they are pretty cool, I have mine!) they are more likely to become Attack Wing customers.

Not only that, but if I get into STAW, I'm driving back to Matt's* store over an hour away, rather than go to the 5 other stores that, while closer, showed extreme disinterest in helping me in my quest, despite being official vendors.

*The owner of the store I got mine at. If I didn't suspect handing out business names probably broke some sort of ToU, I'd give the name, plus I don't want the entire forum calling and harassing the guy. He's MINE!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock