test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scrolling Accolades

I was browsing through my accolades list (on PC) and when I got down to the combat accolades, the list within that subheading was scrolling ridiculously fast almost like a slot machine. Tried closing and opening with no change. Logging had no effect either.

Comments

• majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Been this way since Artifacts dropped, in some form or another, on most of my toons. Trying to get screens of it would be pointless (and don't really have a reliable way to screencap video), so haven't submitted a report about it...
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Here you go, here's a screen cap of mine
    f722d0889f.gif
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • atctexx#9688 atctexx Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Yep, that's the shot!
  • gregorlenkogregorlenko Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same problem exists on XB1 and I would assume PS4 too. Not game breaking but incredibly irritating.
  • daftbadger1967daftbadger1967 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Yep,got this on xbox one as well
  • str8nge1str8nge1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    same thing happening here, cryptic says they cant "replicate" the issue when using my account. This occurs on 3 computers I've tried.
    Post edited by str8nge1 on
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Tried on 2 comps with same results. Some of the accolades scroll like that. Tried all sorts of video settings and also dx11 to 9ex.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    I have this same scrolling accolade issue too, and have observed it on all characters I've played recently.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    My completed General Accolades do this too. Also when I completed the 8472 ground set, the costume unlock didn't unlock for me. Both of these might be related. I tried to get a ticket started for these issues, but I was randomly D/C'ed when typing out the bug report.
    Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Welcome to the club, guys. After "Artifacts" - some was ok, some scrolling. After last maintance is worse - almost all is scrolling.
    No matter which toon.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea I've also noticed this on some of my TOONS with scrolling accolades but I see your video shows them scrolling far slower than what I've seen them scrolling up & down on my screen. Often they move so fast in the 2 or 3 categories that scroll I can't even read the text in most cells.

The issue seems to be most tied to General Accolades, Kill Accolades & 1 other the rest seem unaffected if memory serves at least the last time I checked earlier this week.
    0zxlclk.png
  • skorn254skorn254 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Fairly irritating when I go to check my lore progress and scroll through that every time. LoL. (playing on Xbox One)
    __neytiri_avatar_signature___by_dynamik_farr.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea I've also noticed this on some of my TOONS with scrolling accolades but I see your video shows them scrolling far slower than what I've seen them scrolling up & down on my screen. Often they move so fast in the 2 or 3 categories that scroll I can't even read the text in most cells.

The issue seems to be most tied to General Accolades, Kill Accolades & 1 other the rest seem unaffected if memory serves at least the last time I checked earlier this week.

Sorry, the video FPS is reduced to keep the file size down. They are moving faster than is shown if that makes a difference!
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

• dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Hey Wise, make another vid but this time have one of the scrolling accolades selected. The right side full description is even more maddening.

Strat, gifs are typically 20fps or less. So approx. 1/3rd speed if 20 was selected. Which is what it appears to be visually at a guess.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
    edited November 2016
    Here you go, shorter but was 60 fps. The image host will delete it in 31 days.
    ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

edited November 2016
    Yeah that looks very familar. >:):# I've also noticed on a few captains problem always occurs with Kill Accolades still scrolling rapidly. unless there is some other random occurance causing this behavior with General/Event/Exploration accolades.

I last checked Thursday 17th at 3:30am Pacific time on the West Coast. So hopefully most of these will be corrected in the near future if they are not finally addressed in Thursday's patch. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The UI gets worse with every reset. DOFF ability descriptions in the Exchange window still annoyingly don't get updated reliably when paging through search results or the list of your posted items. And persistent states of scroll bars seems to be an alien concept to Cryptic. They keep jumping and jerking about whenever there is an update or you switch UI windows/tabs. The list of Admiralty tasks keeps contracting/moving whenever you collect on finished tasks, the expandable Holdings entries on the Armada tab of the Fleet window overlap or are cut off at the bottom, and so on.

What they badly need is a competent UI programmer.
  • magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I am having a different scrolling issue, whenever I have a menu selection with a drop down arrow and I click on it, the menu box/window that shows\pos up where I select which which item I want, "I.E." which ship I want repaired, which duty officer category I want to select, which numbers I want to pick in playing Dabo etc, scrolls/moves horizontally to the right and after it finally stops moving, the window/box will simply close back to the down arrow, making it difficult to select the item I want and almost impossible to click on the further down selections! I am using a razer naga epic gaming mouse a razor orbweaver control pad and a Saitek X-52Pro joystick, I first thought that the problem was caused by an axis or button movement, a key press or stuck button on one of my controllers but I have tested each axis movement, each key press and each button while it is happening and none of them affect the movement/scrolling at all, is anyone else having this issue???
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yeah that looks very familar. >:):# I've also noticed with Tuesday's patch & recent live updates most accolades are now displaying fine on many of my factions Captain's with the exception of Kill Accolades still scrolling rapidly..

I last checked this morning at 3:30am Pacific time on the West Coast. So hopefully most of these will be corrected in the near future if they are not finally addressed in Thursday's patch. :)

Yes, for one of my subject characters it is now just the Ticked General Accolades and Ticked Kill accolades when display all is selected.

Then all the Kill Accolades and General Accolades when In Progress is selected

None of them when just completed is selected
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

One of my characters had a few less scrolling accolades yesterday but confirmed today my MAIN still FED ENG still has problems with General, Event &/or Exploration & Kill Accolades.

Oddly enough some only start scrolling after 5-9 display perfectly static in the Category as the above video shows.
    0zxlclk.png
  • drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Yep, I got the scrolling accolade bug as well.
    I've also confirmed General Accolades & Kill Accolades scroll rapidly for my main engineer even when only completed accolades is checked. Someone else identified they didn't see this with completed accolades only in progress. Still that will greatly vary with how many accolades your character has earned that might determine this variation. :(
    0zxlclk.png
  • freedom220freedom220 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having same problem with scrolling accolades. I have 7 characters, 2 of the all accolades scroll, 4 just the kill & 1 just fine. Tried every thing including deleting game & reloading it. I should have checked it on two other comps I have first before doing so it would have saved wasted time sense it's doing the the same on them.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    This bug is still happening, though for me, it's more like a jitter than a scroll. I encountered the bug while trying to check which recipes I need to complete "Holiday Chef". People are going to be checking their accolades more often now that the winter event is running. Can we get this one fixed before the event ends?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • centralcontrolcentralcontrol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Me too. Hate it. Wish it was fixed.
  • maro#5813 maro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    For me this "scrolling accolades" problem started just 2 days ago, and im sure i checked my accolades when winter event started and it was all ok (after my first recipe i could see it normally and whole list of recipes), but after i got few more winter accolades and wanted to check how many recipes left to collect i coudnt (at least it was very hard) becouse of this crazy scrolling around.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Confirmed. I am also experiencing this scrollylade bug. Has one of the fellow bughunters already made a thread in the bug report list of the ops center about this?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • tbwsto#8925 tbwsto Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Difficult to see what I still need to accomplish in Q's Winter Wonderland. Some accolades I can get to, but not all. Anyone know if they even have plans to try to fix this issue?
    9E5JBSh.png
    Trust Ivonova, trust yourself, everybody else- shoot 'em
    tbwmrsking wrote: »
    Difficult to see what I still need to accomplish in Q's Winter Wonderland. Some accolades I can get to, but not all. Anyone know if they even have plans to try to fix this issue?

When display all is selected only my completed accolades scroll in the two categories. Can you see what winter ones you have to go by doing that?

Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper