test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First City (RP)

hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Ten Forward
Wanted to pay the Klingons some fairness in RPing. Same deal as Earth Spacedock (RP). Play as your KDF-aligned STO main, aka your Captain.

RP/fic any of your KDF/Rom Captains at First City:

624px-First_City.jpg

Rules/tips:
  • No NSFW stuff.
  • Don't take over other people's RP characters (unless they're okay with it).
  • In general, you should 'conveniently omit' context that denotes your character as "the player/the one" from in-game, and, rather, generalize events, so as to maintain a shared semi-non-conflicting RP-thread continuity. Will require your creativity! [Notes: It is not to say your character didn't engage in specific episodes/events, but not to specify they did either.] [Exceptions: Large scale events, like fleet battles (i.e. The Iconian attack at Earth, or general Na'Khul alerts) are encouraged to mention, but may still require some generalization. Use your best judgement!]
  • The RP is in a perpetual state of the year 2410 (until the game moves forward).

Types of play (can combine more than one):
  • Integrated with story - Join other Captains in solving an issue
  • One off/or more than one off - Like a mini fanfic, make a short stop to replenish supplies, drop prisoners, etc.
  • Side story - Posts about stuff your Captain is dealing with. Can work well with "Integrated with story".
  • (That's all I can think of right now. There's probably more ways.)

List of First City department head NPCs:
  • Commander Rogh, Shipyards

External links:
- (none yet!)
Post edited by hawku001x on

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Captain Menchez - First City, Bar

The Klingon warrior sat alone at a table in the First City's local bar. Menchez had downed another cup of bloodwine when the Orion waitress walked passed.

"Hold on," Menchez growled. "Another drink!"

The waitress approached him. "You've had eight so far," she said. "Are you sure about this?"

"I will cease my thirst onslaught when Command gives me another ship. Until then, here I remain," he replied. "And if you must know, the I.K.S. B'Cnah was taken to near-ruin by a group of Kazon, led by an augment-Cardassian woman."

She blinked. "The Kazon? Well, that explains the drinking. But can a warrior be a true warrior when he drowns his sorrows in pity?"

"Perhaps you are right. But I do not drink out of sorrow for myself, but respect for my fallen comrades; and perhaps a little animosity for those who oppose me."

The Orion groaned. "Ugh. Fine; whatever."

"Wait," Menchez held her arm for a second. "The next one will be my last. And, please, a plate of gagh."
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    General Kro'nok - First City, Bar

Another Klingon, a general in one of the fancier Bortas'qu uniforms, sat down at a nearby table and order bloodwine.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
    Menchez approached Kro'nok. "General, this is a good day to reflect on past victories. May I join you?"
  • the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    "Pieces of People They Hide"

D'ren 341 - First City, Bar, Upper Level

We've got reports of a potential civil war, D'ren. It will upset the Klingon territories more than any other. Since the whereabouts of D'ren 8, the current incarnation of The Infamous, are still unknown, the Ministry of Thirteen has chosen you to speak to the changeling posing as J'mpok to rally the KDF.

Facing the sparring down below, this particular clone sat at a table alone, his short wavy black hair slicked back over his head. He wore a white T-shirt under a casual open bright blue tunic and black slacks. He had no facial hair but retained the recognizable facial scar.

D'ren 341groaned at the mental communique that came through from the Ocampa Elder. He rolled his head, cracking his neck, and set down his Romulan ale. He replied, I'm supposed to be on leave. There are sixty billion other D'rens to choose, why me?

Rumors suggest that the Omega has been released. ALL D'ren clones are moving to intercept to prevent him from destroying the Armada. But the Klingon Council is your responsibility. Also Eli's awake...

D'ren's face sank and he sighed. As he picked up his drink, he stood up and slowly sauntered down stairs.

An Orion male grabbed his arm from behind, obviously oblivious to the notoriety of the man. "Hey! Romulan ale's not sold here!"

Post edited by the0infamous on
    Before the General could answer, Menchez took notice of the Orion man, causing a ruckus. "Fool," Menchez said to the green-skinned alien. "Just because he is not Klingon, doesn't mean he is no warrior. I would watch who I confront in these halls."
    The general turned to the Orion as well, nodded to Menchez. "He is correct. Listen to him."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    "Inevitible..."

D'ren 431 - First City, The Bar

"I work security here!" barked the Orion.

Keeping the Orion out of view behind him, D'ren smirked at Menchez and Kro'nok. "Ye must be new," he said to the Orion in an Irish accent.

He then twisted around suddenly and removed the security guard's grasp from his bicep, and then followed it with an uppercut to his large chin, putting the brute on his back with a single strike. Two other Orions, both females, stood up and drew Klingon disruptors.

Oops, D'ren thought. Why did I not consider that eventuality?

Both green-skinned women fired their weapons on the highest possible setting, slowly and agonizingly vaporizing D'ren 431.

D'ren 927 - First City, The Slums

The gas leak was a slow death; D'ren 927, a peroxide-blond, spikey-haired clone with an extra scar on his chin from a previous battle, collapsed to his knees slowly at the door of his humble abode as he tried to escape. But the air had become increasingly toxic, and the door had recently been damaged, so that it wouldn't open easily. On his knees, he reached for the door, choking and gasping for air. But he collapsed under his own leather duster, right next to the photo of his Tellarite wife, who would come home only a few minutes later, along with their adopted children, to see his corpse on the floor.

D'ren 1088 - Klingon Academy, Main Transporter Pad

D'ren smiled amiably as he waved goodbye to his two friends, a male Klingon warrior and an Andorian woman scientist who had a major crush on him. But she knew that the one-armed human could never love her; he was a lowly freighter engineer who had his eyes on the Cardassian doctor he served with.

Unfortunately, none of that mattered anymore as a transporter accident dispersed his molecules, both in the presence of his friends on Qo'nos, and aboard the freighter on which he served. The human freighter captain, the Cardassian doctor, and the Ferengi transporter operator stood there in stunned silence as they watched half of D'ren's body partially materialize and then vanish into the artificial atmosphere.

D'ren 771729 - Shipyard, exterior of a bird-of-prey

The Klingon woman in an environmental suit pushed off from the hull toward another part of the ship, holding the tool D'ren had called for. But by the time she reached him, his oxygen unit had failed and he lost his grip. He was floating away from the vessel with less than five minutes of air left. The Klingon let go of the tool and tried to reach him, but he was out of range. She tried to scream but space is where silence has lease. With their communications equipment malfunctioning due to the background radiation emitted from the bird-of-prey's damaged engines, there was no way to signal anyone for help...

In one hour, thousands of D'ren clones died seemingly unrelated deaths. However, as the reports filed in to the Ministry of Thirteen, it became clear that this orchestra was being conducted by the Omega.

Menchez glanced at Kro'nok, surprised. "Well, that was excessive. Any ideas what that was about?"
    General Kro'nok turned and looked back at Menchez. "Romulan Ale, apparently."
    The general sat down, and motioned for Menchez to sit down at his table. "Let us talk of victory."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    (You're missing the most prominent feature of the First City...)

A horrific cacophony of overlapping voices echoes through the city:

"WTS KEYS EC ZEN LOCKBOX KELVINPRISE CHEEP $$$4$"
    "CHEPE CHEEP LOCKBOX KEYS WWW.SPAMKEYS.COM"
    "$~$~$DONT MIS THISS SPECIAL THANKGVNG SPECIAL VENGENCE BOIRG CUBE KELDON SHEEP!$~$~$"
    edited November 2016
    Menchez took a seat as a Klingon teenager ran over to the spot where the human was vapourized and began scrubbing the floor; an odd job since the Bar in general was filthy. The Captain was passed another bloodwine and his plate of gagh while he tried to ignore the echoing voices from afar.

"I've been in the Empire for a long time, left it, then returned again. Since I've been back I've succeeded against the Xindi in the past, warp-10 salamanders, a murderous Section 31 agent, my own undead crew, assimilated snowmen and, finally, the Vidiians. I am proud of my successes, even if they will not be enough to save me at this point. And you, General? I presume good conquests on your part."
    The general turned to look out the window at the strange voices, then looked back at Menchez. "Oh, very good conquest. Won battles against some of the best in Starfleet, as weak as they may be. Took on the Borg, the Iconians, and really showed the Na'kuhl not to mess around with the Klingon Empire! In fact, we could be here all night listening to me tell you stories about some of the absolutely glorious battles that I won."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Menchez smirked. It was refreshing to hear of these victories in a time of his own undoing. He raised his drink. "Then to your glorious battles, General. May you have many more!"
    The general raised his newly delivered drink as well. "To glorious battles!"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016
    Menchez brought his cup down, pleased, but paused in thought. "General, I believe you may have future battles, but I perhaps may not. You see, actions by myself in the past dishonoured my crew and my ship. I allowed the Kazon to get the best of me."

He stared at his gagh, unable to eat it.

"We both know the High Council was killed by an Iconian. Today, I am to go before a new Councillor to have my case reviewed. I requested a new ship, but it is more likely he will push to dissolve my House. There is an upcoming battle, but I fear I will not be part of it."
    The general raised an eyebrow. "Captain, if what you say is true... one of the most honorable things you can do is to accept that, and face that fact like a true Klingon. Do not run away, like others usually do. Live up to it and do something honorable. Go before the new Councillor and tell him the truth, and he may yet see the true Klingon you truly are."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016
    Menchez thought about it. "Perhaps you are right. I will give it a shot. I will be in the Great Hall if you are poised to be witness."

He then took out a datarod and placed it on the table.

"In the meantime, if I do not come back from this, you must extrapolate this information. It is of the location of a secret Klingon facility, lead by an old House; one that was supposedly decimated and kicked from the Empire centuries ago; a House of Kovog. I believe they have been growing their own fleet outside the Empire for a long time and plan to use our weakened political state to attack and seize power. We must strike them first. Qapla'."

Menchez stood and left for the Great Hall.
    The general picked up the datarod and looked at it. He finished his mug of bloodwine and set it aside, then got up and returned to his ship, gave the datarod to his senior officers to have them decode the information, and then returned for the Great Hall to see what happens to Menchez.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016
    Captain Menchez - First City, Great Hall, Council Chambers

The Klingon warrior entered the giant chambers where many other men and women gathered. A new Council Member, an abnormally tall Klingon man named Ghrokh, turned away, finishing an awkward conversation with Chancellor J'mpok and turned to perceive Menchez's entrance. Various regular proceedings on this day took place in a public environment.

"Menchez, son of Drognov, of the House of Rokkon, named after your great grandfather, you stand in judgement of allowing your crew to disappear on Hanon IV. An investigation has completed, and you have been deemed innocent of any crime, but may still be judged for neglect by the current incarnation of the council. If so, we may deem your House expendable in the eyes of the Empire. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

Taking a breath, Menchez replied, "Only that I pledged my life to protect my crew and to the Empire, and if any circumstances that occurred led to their demise, I take full responsibility. I should have been better, stronger, faster than the petaQ that beat me, and I will do nothing to stop myself from honoring the Klingon Empire until I am deemed worthy again."

"I see you also requested a new command," Ghrokh observed on a PADD. He then, out of character, walked over to Menchez and handed the Captain the PADD. "Can you tell me if the information you provided here is correct."

Confused, Menchez looked from some of the people observing, including that of Chancellor J'mpok and General Kro'nok, back to Council Member Ghrokh.

"You'll have to excuse our disorder today. There have been several reports of human deaths around Qo'noS. My attention has been elsewhere," the taller man said. "Several men who all look alike appear to have died on accident."

It seemed, to Menchez, as if the Council Member was stalling for some reason. It was then he noticed the PADD wasn't his ship request at all, but, rather, an intelligence report that was deemed unconfirmed.

"If you say you would do anything for the Empire, then I would need proof. Would you risk everything, even, hypothetically, something like treason?" Ghrokh asked, momentarily flicking his gaze to the side, indicating J'mpok's presence.

The report in Menchez's hands questioned the Chancellor's current existence. It postulated he was not who he said he was, possibly a Changeling, and that the real J'mpok was suspected as being held with the long dissolved House of Kovog. To this, Captain Menchez could only conclude he was being challenged to test these claims at risk to his own standing as a Klingon citizen. Still driven by his desire to prove himself, Menchez quickly flung his d'k tahg right at J'mpok, penetrating the knife directly into the Klingon's forehead. No blood was spilt, and no pain was had either.

Suddenly, a group of five unknown Klingons, there to protect the imposter, beamed in with disruptor rifles and opened fire upon everyone in the Chambers.
    General Kro'nok pulled out an Honor Guard disruptor pulsewave rifle and fired, blasting away the 5 so-called Klingons and knocking them to the floor.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016
    When the commotion and dust conceded, Menchez looked around to find that J'mpok had disappeared somewhere and Ghrokh and several other Klingon security guards were busy speaking into their communicators. When the Council Member was finished, he walked over to the Captain.

"You took a chance at great risk to yourself, Captain," Ghrokh said when he was satisfied the City was being combed by its entire security force. "And I knew that you would. If this is connected to those deaths, or separate, I am uncertain. But since you have proven yourself honorable, the I.K.S. Kragoth will be yours to command for now. Continue to prove yourself, and it will remain yours."

The old Klingon cracked his neck. "I will. But what of the exiled House of Kovog? What are your plans for them?"

"We would attack immediately, but we cannot confirm or prove that it was them. If these bodies report on their DNA, then that will be a different story. Not to mention we do not have any idea where they are located."

Menchez snarled. "Actually, General Kro'nok may have information on a planet-orbiting space station. May we pursue?"

"Make it so, Captain," he replied. "I will notify you on the results of our medical scans."
    General Kro'nok stood there nearby, nodding to Menchez. "I'll prepare my ship. Meet us in orbit, when you are ready."

The general pressed some buttons on his communicator and dematerialized, beaming to his vessel, the powerful Kar'fi class Battle-carrier I.K.S. Ha'vok, which hovered in orbit.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016
    Captain Menchez - Qo'noS, Shipyard

After transporting to the Shipyard in orbit of the homeworld, Menchez made his way to the centre of it where it was busy with high ranking officers working on their own ships remotely. Out of the large windows, the Captain could see the I.K.S. Kragoth, a Negh'Tev-class heavy battlecruiser. The sheer size of the thing blew the old Klingon away.

"Hu'tegh!" he swore. "It is impossible to believe the Empire would give me such a ship. Especially after I may have uncovered events in what some would perceive as prematurely."

Another old Klingon, a Commander Rogh walked over. "You aren't a mind reader, and, besides, no Klingon is perfect. Oh, I may be one of those anti-J'mpok hardliners. I am Rogh, and I assist Captain Klaarg in operating this facility."

"Do not fret," Menchez held up his hand. "We had J'mpok to blame for breaking our peace with the Federation. Now that it's back, perhaps he could learn the benefits of such an alliance."

Rogh shrugged. "Perhaps. But are politics and nationalism the only reason you are embarking on such a mission?"

"You get right to the point, don't you Commander? Well, if you must know, this old warrior would like to prove to himself he is still useful. So far, age hasn't weakened me— yet."

The Commander nodded. "The heart of a warrior never dies. If you believe there are more lessons and battles to be had, then allow nothing to stop you. In the meantime, your crew is boarding now, if you would like to take the Bridge of your ship."

"Thank you, Commander Rogh," Menchez replied, taking a breath and one last look at the exterior of the Kragoth.
    The Ha'vok drifted near the Shipyard, anticipating Menchez.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016
    Captain Menchez - I.K.S. Kragoth, Bridge

Captain Menchez entered the Bridge of the Negh'Tev-class I.K.S. Kragoth and nodded to his crew. Lieutenant Commander Vato, a Klingon and tactical officer, walked over and handed him a PADD.

"With the crew's battle records, we pledge you our lives and ask that you lead us as Commander of this ship," Vato said.

Menchez took the PADD. "I accept your lives into my hands. Let us hail the Ha'vok."

"Channel open," Lieutenant Kinna, a Klingon and operations officer, reported.

The Captain took his seat. "General, we are ready when you are. The coordinates I received from my contact in Intelligence are in your hands alone. We will follow you to the orbital space station around an unknown planet that contains the assumed fleet of the House of Kovog."

General Kro'nok - I.K.S. Hav'ok

The general nodded in response. "We will set a course."

The sizeable Kar'fi class vessel set course for the coordinates provided by Menchez, and jumped to warp.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited November 2016

The Kragoth sped through warp along with the Hav'ok. Menchez hailed the other ship.

"General, whatever awaits us at the end of this may test us. If you don't mind my inquiry, how far would you go to retrieve the Chancellor? Would you die to get him?"

edited November 2016
    General Kro'nok - I.K.S. Hav'ok, Bridge

The general nodded. "Me and my crew will do whatever it takes to bring him back. If worse comes to worse, today is a good day to die!"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I have my qualms with the man, but he is our Chancellor. Honour will have this day."

When both ships dropped warp at the edge of the Pheben Sector, they suddenly found themselves before a giant planet and an orbital space station of Klingon design; both vessels surrounded by twenty enemy ships, half of them Klingon, the other half a mess of other-faction type starships: all, likely, unaligned to anyone but, perhaps, the House of Kovog. How much of this group was even comprised of Klingons?

"Klingons, this is Tavar. Surrender your ships," came the hail of what appeared to be a tall Human, appearing on the view screen. "You won't get another warning."

When the screen clicked off, Menchez returned to his communication with the Hav'ok. "Qu'vatlh," Menchez swore. "You are the ranking officer here, Kro'nok. I say we engage battle!"
    edited November 2016
    "To that, I agree, captain! We will destroy them!"

The Hav'ok charged the main deflector and fired off a purplish deflector beam, generating a gravity well in the middle of the ships forward of them, and began firing a spread of antiproton arrays and chroniton torpedoes as a pair of Fer'Jai-class frigates emerged from phase shifts and began opening fire on the vessels to the aft. In a matter of moments, the Hav'ok was launching S'kul fighters as well, who began attacking the ships to the sides.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.