test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Client freezes during map transfer

weyland2012weyland2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
For the last few weeks, my game client freezes quite often when switching maps... I then have to kill the process and restart. Since the Crystal Catastrophe event became online, this has happened to me every single time that I have played the event with one of my 10 chars... this game is becoming unplayable.
Anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found a solution? I submitted two tickets on this so far, which simply seem to have disappeared.

Comments

• drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I've been having this problem off and on. There's still a bug hanging map transfers up somewhere.

Please devs, fix this soon!
  • ttchopper82ttchopper82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem with every char. After playing Crystal Catastrophe the Game Clinet stops working.
  • panicbutton5panicbutton5 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am having this problem as well. It is happening about 50% of the time I transfer maps. It is getting irritating.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Same here. Each time I leave CC event map, I freeze when returning to sector space. It happens only on my Fed/AOY characters, though. KDF & Roms not so far.​​
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    It's been happening to me since Summer. Tonight I had my first freeze while initially loading a character from the character select screen. It got to 90% and then hung.
  • thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Goto options-advanced settings and enable reduced file streaming,fixes this problem,enjoy
  • klmr55klmr55 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same here.
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    I've been getting this since the last big update. Is this going to get fix, it is not even on the list of known issues, and it's a pretty major bug.
  • truecreamytruecreamy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    genemorph wrote: »
    I've been getting this since the last big update. Is this going to get fix, it is not even on the list of known issues, and it's a pretty major bug.

Not a bug, it's an our computers thing, reduce file streaming is the fix.
    Pegasus Command FED/KDF