test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sovereign class model update?

Has anyone else noticed that since the update the model for the sovereign class has had a major overhaul? Is this a hint that a T6 sovereign is very close?

Or was this model updated before now?
Admiral Tuwud - High Commissioner, UFP Peace Corps Sigma Red
logo%203.jpg?gid=272661&source=asset

Comments

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Well, wizkids is doing a promo with a T6 Command Assault Cruiser. The T5 Assault Cruiser is the Sovereign.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    and for a brief instance during Artifacts' release a T6 Intel Assault cruiser accidentally leaked to the masses.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    what do you need to buy from wizkids? i forgot the name of the piece
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I am kinda disgruntled that they are putting a different version in the sea-store. That means that my wizkids exclusive will not be eligible for a fleet variant and all the people willing to pay sea-store retail and too lazy to go get the store exclusive will get access to the fleet version.
    And i mean the fleet discount of only one module, of course ill have "access" to the intel fleet variant but for 4 modules.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I am kinda disgruntled that they are putting a different version in the sea-store. That means that my wizkids exclusive will not be eligible for a fleet variant and all the people willing to pay sea-store retail and too lazy to go get the store exclusive will get access to the fleet version.
    And i mean the fleet discount of only one module, of course ill have "access" to the intel fleet variant but for 4 modules.

Same thing happened with the Mirror Guardian last year. Not really surprised to be honest, seems to be how they operate now. You get a nice exclusive nut it's not quite as good as it first seems. Always something much better despite the exclusivity.
    SulMatuul.png
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    neos472 wrote: »
    and for a brief instance during Artifacts' release a T6 Intel Assault cruiser accidentally leaked to the masses.

I'm so happy it's Intel. Instant day 1 transaction. I'm ready, Cryptic.
    johnnymo1 wrote: »

http://www.startrek.com/article/exclusive-preview-u-s-s-enterprise-e-repaint-for-attack-wing
    SP9Pu.gif
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

I'm so happy it's Intel. Instant day 1 transaction. I'm ready, Cryptic.
    johnnymo1 wrote: »

http://www.startrek.com/article/exclusive-preview-u-s-s-enterprise-e-repaint-for-attack-wing
    The intel version boff layout looks really terrible TBH. Not a surprise though since it's a hero ship. They sell no matter what.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Sorry, what??, do you have any picture of this??
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The intel version boff layout looks really terrible TBH. Not a surprise though since it's a hero ship. They sell no matter what.
    It's the same as the Regent retrofit, plus 1 cmdr level slot on the universal station (now also intel). Which is to say: it's a T6 Sovereign class. Do we really need to make that an issue in itself?

"Yeah, I was hoping for a giant space going replica of Picard's head, with glowing eyes and a 7/1 layout. But I guess stepwise design progression is all we can really hope for these days...so lazy..."
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Sorry, what??, do you have any picture of this??
    Lootcritter made a blog post about it. Don't worry, it's a thing that actually happened. Official blog post and ship release coming at some point in the relatively near future, no doubt. For now you can enjoy the updated model on all existing Sovereign class variants (ex. mirror star cruiser, which can be found on the exchange if you don't have the C-store or leveling variants ATM.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Yes please, pictures. And Salazar made mention of the seating config, so pics on that stuff.
    I need more intel on this ship.
    edited October 2016
    It's the same as the Regent retrofit, plus 1 cmdr level slot on the universal station (now also intel). Which is to say: it's a T6 sovereign class.
    Lieutenant Commander but otherwise correct. Still terrible though. There's a few dozen ships with boff layouts that are better. Like I said though, no surprise.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Lieutenant Commander but otherwise correct. Still terrible though. There's a few dozen ships with boff layouts that are better.
    No, it's just average. With an intel sci-officer in the universal slot you have something which is perfectly standard for a FED cruiser. Min-maxers should look elsewhere, which shouldn't come at a surprise at all considering the pattern T5->T6 revamps follow. It's like the last ship, but with new accessories, a spec seat, and new boff slot.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yes please, pictures. And Salazar made mention of the seating config, so pics on that stuff.
    I need more intel on this ship.

There is information here showing the seating, console and trait for the T6 Intel Sovereign. Safe to assume that the fleet version will add +1 Tac console.

And here is a video of the ship in action.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Lieutenant Commander but otherwise correct. Still terrible though. There's a few dozen ships with boff layouts that are better.
    No, it's just average. With an intel sci-officer in the universal slot you have something which is perfectly standard for a FED cruiser. Min-maxers should look elsewhere, which shouldn't come at a surprise at all considering the pattern T5->T6 revamps follow. It's like the last ship, but with new accessories, a spec seat, and new boff slot.
    Yes your terminology is correct. It's average technically but since it will be about the 40th or so best ship that I have, that makes it terrible for me. I have to admit that the model looks very very nice though.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    Wish I knew where to buy these...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    WTF, 3pc set bonus is a BATTLE CLOAK?!?!
    Whats the 3rd pc, wide angle torps?

And Metreon canister launcher? They change the T5 console or is it a different one?
    WTF, 3pc set bonus is a BATTLE CLOAK?!?!
    Whats the 3rd pc, wide angle torps?

And Metreon canister launcher? They change the T5 console or is it a different one?

Hard to know for sure, and of course it can still change.. but from what it shows on that site it looks like the Metreon console has been changed into some type of projectile launcher. It could also be from an upcoming event ship since we all know how much Cryptic loves to make one time only items part of a set.

Either way, Battle Cloak is a pretty sweet bonus for a 3pc set. I do kind of find it strange though since we have never seen a Sovereign cloak. I guess since it's considered an 'intel ship' they wanted it to have that ability.

Again though, keep in mind.. any of that could be changed before official release.
    Hopefully its the same console as the wizkids exclusive.
    Then ill have a battlecloaking defiant and sovereign!
    On the topic of the actual model..

I took my T5U Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit out for a cruise today to have a look. I have to say they did an impressive job.. the model on the Sovereign looks fantastic.

They did a great job reproducing the fantastic beauty of the mighty Sovereign. It looks great.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Can't seem to find this Attack Wave expansion in any big comic book stores, nor anywhere online.

I'd really like to hear the rationale behind making it difficult to obtain. Just put the friggin' thing on AMAZON!
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find this Attack Wave expansion in any big comic book stores, nor anywhere online.

I'd really like to hear the rationale behind making it difficult to obtain. Just put the friggin' thing on AMAZON!

if it were available i bet it would be on amazon at this very moment however i bet it will release alongside the mentioned Intel variant later in the month
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    You're right. The linked article says "this November," which I mistakenly assumed to be the 1st, and not some random, undisclosed day in the middle of the #$%@# month. Le sigh...
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    From what I have seen it is looking close to the Nemesis Sovereign but the side walls is missing, where it shows more of the saucer contacting to the engineering hull, next to the shuttle bay. Since the sovereign class is known as assault cruiser type starship, which receives +10 weapons, +5 shields and +5 Auxiliary. Should it not be +10 weapons, +5 engines and +5 shields? Because the Enterprise E in S.T: Nemesis was very manoeuvrable.