test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kits vanishing after patch

delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
Okay I'm noticing now when I log on to the game, my kits and all my modules vanished. What is it I can do to get them back? I have logged out and back in and nothing. It has to be something so simple I'm missing

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The problem only occurred on 1 out of my 10 captains. The problem was fixed after loading that captain twice. I clicked the option to switch captains which brought me back to the roster screen where I would load up the captain. After doing it twice, I found the kit frame on my character and the kit modules themselves in my personal inventory. Some players resolved the issue by switching maps, but that didn't work for me.

Everyone also gets 12 free personal inventory slots.
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Okay thought so. I logged out and logged back in twice, nothing. So I beamed up to my ship and there they all were
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I found that for most of my 'toons, I had to change maps 3 times, on average, for the kits to reappear; my 7th and last 'toon got it on the first login, unexpectedly... :)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Still missing kits on 3/15 toons. Think I saw a post about issues with Romulan Embassy kits. They appear to be "phantom" as I can't equip another kit. Hopefully they will magically reappear during the next temporal incursion. Things seem to die quite nicely without them. Since 2 of the 3 toons were KDF, this appears to reinforce the Fed bias in this game ;)
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    As centaurianalpha said, they'll usually reappear about two to four map changes; Beta Quadrant to Sherman/Ganalda Systems to K-7/Ganalda Station and back to the systems seems to be working fairly well for me.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    same problem, thanks
    “The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
  • aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    My kits returned but not all of them. I am missing the science kit mod from the 2015 winter event. The universals all came back though. Any way to fix this?
    “The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.