test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After the last update foundry missions are all gone.

yurann#3521 yurann Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello!

Where are the foundry missions? After the last update they are all gone.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    standard thing, after a major publish (be it expansion or season update) the foundry goes offline to do a republish to make sure things didnt get broken horribly (they have before which is why they do this) now this one is special because they also have to update the maps to the new lighting specs, so it might very likely take longer than normal
  • yurann#3521 yurann Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you!
  • picardocaptpicardocapt Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Is it me or did "easy" just turn "harder" with the patch from 04-11 ..
    Also - I wonder why these missions have to be removed every time an update takes place. I'd find a better solution to this obstacle ..
    "To baldly go, where no one has gone before"

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Also - I wonder why these missions have to be removed every time an update takes place. I'd find a better solution to this obstacle ..

Tech reasons. What I know is that these downtimes occur every time there's a new "code branch." That can probably be translated as "new stuff in the bowels of the game" which could interfere with the bowels of the Foundry.

So, missions are taken down at tech stuff happens. Then they come back up through an auto-republish process, which authors are advised to keep tabs on when they notice missions start to appear. Small things may change (ex. location of objects [even on base maps], NPC's), and mission may break (for various reasons). So, don't assume things will be fine; test.

Anyway, if this process didn't occur things would likely turn very messy (many interfering bowels). :tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also... the new lighting system will be the biggest change to foundry in a long time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • pauliewok64pauliewok64 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hi

I was about to ask what happen to the Foundry missions I would go through the foundry list through the menu and there is no missions..sometimes I go through some of the quadrants and find Foundry missions there. However, my question has been answered. Now does anyone know when they will release new foundry missions?? I really enjoy them. Thanks

Paulie
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Foundry missions are player-created, so... depends on all of us. And requires that the Foundry is working again. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Hi

I was about to ask what happen to the Foundry missions I would go through the foundry list through the menu and there is no missions..sometimes I go through some of the quadrants and find Foundry missions there. However, my question has been answered. Now does anyone know when they will release new foundry missions?? I really enjoy them. Thanks

Paulie
    The Foundry is still down. After the Dec. 1st update listings (and listings ONLY) of some Foundry missions are showing up now in the sector block. These are not playable. Click the listing and nothing happens. It's, as far as we know, just a glitch and NOT a sign the Foundry has come back online.

At the moment, we do not know when we'll actually get to play/make Foundry missions again. Sit tight, this is extended downtime to make sure the maps work with the new lighting system. There have been reported issues, and it's better to sort them out before release. I'm sure the date will be posted in the Foundry discussion forum, so check by there if you want to keep tabs on exactly when we know (for real) when the Foundry is back online.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.