test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - OCTOBER 28, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.66.20161016a.10

General:
  • Resolved an issue where some kits and kit modules had gone missing with the launch of the kit revamp.
  • Resolved an issue where the resolution scale in the graphics options would default to a low setting.
  • Resolved an issue that was preventing characters with a Temporal Agent from claiming rewards on other characters on the same account.
  • Resolved an issue where Star Trek Online would not load for players playing with a Windows XP OS.
  • Resolved an issue where the Delphic Tear console was not giving its passive effects properly.
  • Resolved an issue where heat FX were not visible on Lighting 2.0.
  • The Subnucleonic Transferal Genetic Sequencer no longer references Tricorder Analysis.
  • 23rd Century captains can now replay “Echoes of Light”.
  • Resolved an issue where the Interphase Quantum Distributor had an incorrect description.

Known Issues:
  • Foundry functions will not be available for an extended period of time due to updates needed from the lighting update made in this release.
  • The lighting may be too bright or dark on some maps.

Comments

• babahanz1babahanz1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User

General:
    • Resolved an issue where the Interphase Quantum Distributor had an incorrect description.

This console is still not correctly applying the hull penetration or impulse expertise skills, and still lists those skills.

If that is not what was intended to be fixed, what is this incorrect description? Looks the same on both Holodeck and Tribble.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    I don't see a Resolved an issue where the client continually stops responding and requires a complete restart.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Red Alerts have been missing or non-responsive since Artifacts released.

The T6 Jem'hadar HEC also went missing from the Lobi Store since Artifacts released.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2016

General:
    • Resolved an issue where some kits and kit modules had gone missing with the launch of the kit revamp.
    • Resolved an issue that was preventing characters with a Temporal Agent from claiming rewards on other characters on the same account.
    • 23rd Century captains can now replay “Echoes of Light”.

I checkup my 6 toons include 23rs Century Temporal Agent nothing changes kit modules still missing and 23rs Century Temporal Agent cant replay “Echoes of Light”.

Whats this patch really did ?
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

General:
    • Resolved an issue where Star Trek Online would not load for players playing with a Windows XP OS.

When an an OS past its EOL with 25% of the usage of Linux and about 10% of the Mac is still being supported, you have to start asking about priorities.
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Windows XP is the second greatest OS ever made. It would be outrageous not to make it compatible. And Mac users deserve to have it taken away from them ;) .
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    for WinXP, most Mac and Linux users are using WINE to run STO, so that will report as WinXP too.

WINE doesn't have DX11 compatibility yet, it's a slow process trying to clean-room implement MS code, so until that time WINE pretends to be WinXP to get fed a DX9 version of games.

Hopefully fixing up WinXP support, will restore WINE support.

This patch didn't work however.
    edited October 2016
    The crossover(codeweavers) offer DX 11 support for Linux Wine but it's not free.

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Resolved an issue where some kits and kit modules had gone missing with the launch of the kit revamp.
    Does this include those kits and/or modules that are blacked out and non-interactable at the moment or just those that seem to have completely disappeared?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User

General:

Well at least I can get about 2/3 of the way thru the Cryptic load screen before the client crashes to desktop. So that is an improvement over GameClient.exe momentarily coming up and going away, at least.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Resolved an issue where some kits and kit modules had gone missing with the launch of the kit revamp.
    Does this include those kits and/or modules that are blacked out and non-interactable at the moment or just those that seem to have completely disappeared?

I still have a blacked out item on Tribble on one of my chars, I think it's the Mk I kit that TOS chars get, but can't remember for sure, so either that means missing entirely or that the fix didn't take.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User

I found that the majority of mine came back to me.

The only ones I had issues with were:
    -The Elachi Subspace Rift (reclaimed from Dil store, no big issue).
    -Upgraded 23c (Specifically Pink (UR)) Photon Mortar, which can be slotted and has it's icon, but it's actual activator doesn't exist in the tray.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    Red Alerts have been missing or non-responsive since Artifacts released.

The T6 Jem'hadar HEC also went missing from the Lobi Store since Artifacts released.

The Red Alerts have been killed off, and replaced with a Queued version. Why? Na'kuhl "RA" never ran, requiring 5 people to start, and a short lived activator.

If you wanted to kill the "join as they exist" style of RA's, why not make them a proper queue that can be started without talking to a limited time activator, or just remove them in their entireity. Tholian and Borg RA's were useful for 2 reasons, they could be soloed and they gave massive XP which made levelling and ship mastery easy. Now, they are just another queue that takes forever to trigger.

If I want quick Nukara marks, I run Crystalline Entity. If I want quick Omega marks, I run one of the multiple Borg themed queus, if I want quick Romulan marks, I run a romulan themed patrol. RA's were never about marks (with their patrol-esque levels of marks), they were about having a quick, time limited, XP gain period every 30 or so minutes. Now they are a queued event that takes a longer time to start, and still gives a lacklustre amount of marks. To keep their point, either reinstate the XP boost, or increase the marks to a normal level for a queue, because as it stands, they are pretty much just a waste of time.

As for Lobi items disappearing, it's pretty normal for a Lobi item to be accidentally removed from the store whenever a new Lobi item is added to the store.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • omnicyborgomnicyborg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    when this patch will be in the main game? i have a sci in the AOY faction, but so far i cant replay the Echoes of Light with her... wonder if this will be fixed till November 3, to get the next piece of the Naucassian set...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When I wrote about the Red Alerts it was before they mysteriously returned on Monday with NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THE CHANGE. I have posted extensively on this in General.

As far as the HEC, it seems recently with the return of the Infinity Lockbox and then the Sphere Builders one, items put in during the previous (relative) Lockbox dissappeared. It is almost like they are using older code as the base for the newer updates. I started a Thread in General warning people to resist the siren call of the Private Trade Channels or above 600 Million EC Exchange postings for this ship as it is a bug that removed its availability and not that it was meant to be limited availability.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited November 2016
    I think that guys from Cryptic just post declarative patch notes which do not exist at all, to buy some time.
    Like its cumming,its cumming,its cumming,its cumming,its cumming and in 2018th still its cumming!

PS: For last 3 yrs. I am editing Release Notes on STO Wiki god knows how many official lies I post on that web site. :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]