test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tailor content and Social Zone improvements

methodus2063methodus2063 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Currently, we have several social zones that have nothing going on, a currency that has no real value to the players, and a tailor that could be summarized as a mess. KDF players do not get off duty uniforms, and there is a real lack of options for both Romulans and KDF. The Color Palette is inconsistent, Bridge officers can not wear everything you can, and the crew can not be customized.

Many of these are problems people have had for a while now, and while there are no easy fixes for these, I have a few suggestions that would work great as a cohesive revamp that can integrate all of these together to make them more enjoyable.

() Reduce outfit options down to two: Uniform and Off duty. Currently, an fed player will have uniforms, off duty, formal, and armor for the reputation gear, which greatly reduces the players ability to customize things. While the KDF only gets uniform and armor, which leaves them with little options.

the first step is to take the current options and divide them into faction specific uniforms, and non faction specific off duty outfits(which can include faction specific content that isn't considered standard uniform options). Armor and formal wear as well as a few others would be rolled up into the off duty options, giving great diversity to the options to choose from.

The reason for not going to every option in just one, is so that we are more likely to get more exotic options that wouldn't fit as uniforms.

() Off duty should be universal across all factions: While there can be faction specific unlocks in the off duty options, like the Honor guard and MACO armors, every faction should have access to all the basic options. This way there is a solid assortment to choose from. This will also include new purchasable options, which will also extend the value of social zones.

() Universal color palette. This one is probably one of the bigger problems with the tailor, and that is that the color palette is both inconsistent in which pieces get which color, and what colors you can use. Frankly, this needs to be addressed, and the simplest solution is to make the color palette more universal, with all the options available to use. This should also include a special "color" button which is linked to ones profession, like armor is currently, so that you can make one outfit to fit many different characters.

() Bridge officers get both uniform and off duty slots. An often requested option, and one many people want, because some outfits the player can wear, the Boffs can't, which destroys the uniform feel of a crew.

you can go to the characters info page and click a toggle to change which one they wear, as well as add in an option to allow the player to change outfit right there instead of a drop down menu off your portrait.

() Add a basic male and female customization slot for the crew. To solve the basic problem of not being able to choose a standard uniform for your crew, we add in both a male and female stand in for your crew in which you can customize standard for your crew. The color that is linked to the career would be used here to allow the profession color to show with out having to make individual ones for each. You can not edit the basics of the crew though, like species, as those stay random, just the crew draws from this uniform to wear.

() Career specific options and kit options. Add in specific options, like science gets a lab coat or Dr. Crushers coat, tactical get the phaser and tricorder belt, and engineers get some thing that would denote their profession. Add to this the career's individual kit visuals, that are currently associated to the kits.

() Add more hair and alien gen options, and make options universal.First, make all hair options universal to all characters that have hair. While some are reasonable to have species locked, like the romulan hair cut, some aren't like the side swept long. If it has hair, it should have all options.

There also needs to be more styles added, including maybe a few purchasable ones from the Social zone store that are themed for that zone. There also needs to be more alien gen options like tails, and other strange features. Really go wild with this one, as the players will appreciate this.

() Add some basic themes to off duty options.This is the big one, and the meat of this proposal. Large selections of off duty options based on a few themes. They should all be interchangeable with little limitations.

Armors: placed the mercenaries costume, as well as reputation armor and even some basic armor options here. Some players would love to have more military stylings, with thick shoulders and armor plates. This would also be a great place to mix in the Maco, Honor guard, and Omega gear options as well, and add in a few that are similar, but also available from the start. After all, some would like their security to be armored for the occasion. This can also include the old armor visuals from the equipment, as well as doodads like bandoleers.

Formal wear/robes Roll up the formal wear options here as well as add in dresses and other fancy options, including scarfs, jewelry, and other robe like options, including robes like the one Spock wears in the motion picture.

Civilian/refugee these should include some of the civilian garmets we see running around space, including moving T'pols, 7 of 9's, and counselor Troi's uniform. Some of theme should look similar to the Romulan civilian options.

Finally, a nice selection of skirts, a tank top, a top similar to the Orion females, and other more revealing options. Bikini's should include a skirt or draped cloth so that the player character isn't just running around in the equivalent of underwear, but some clothing lines more appropriate to beaches, Risa, and what the Orion's get would be nice. This should include open shirts for males, and man skirts like from the first season of TNG

() Social Zones should have mini games and events to earn GPL. To help open up social zones to more play, adding in small activities and games that reward Gold pressed latnium would draw players to these zones, and then they can spend that latnium on these social zone stores.( see next point) these should include social zones like Andoria, Risa, Zulcan, Nimbus (for store), Bajor, and others.

() Social zones should have a store unique to that zone that is similar to the Lobi Store. Just like the Lobi store from Drozanaa station, each Social zone should have a themed store where you can buy special outfits, hair options, customization options, as well as vanity pets,trophies,civilian ships, and equipment that fit that areas theme. Risa would have Beach wear themed outfits, Andoria would have more arctic styles, vulcan would have Vulcan Robes, ect.

() Gold pressed latnium should be used as a standard civilian currency to purchase outfit options. Gold pressed Latnium has very little value at the moment, besides novelty items. It's harder to acquire then Energy credits, and is considered universal in the Star trek Universe as far as currency is concerned, so why not open its use up to buying new outfits and vanity gear from these new social zones.

With this suggestion, we can kill three birds with one stone, Or fix three things in this case. There can also be some C-store options that might be bought if they where more universal in their use, like the mercs and formal wear.
Imperial Secret Order. "we are the ones that maintain the balance of power in the universe. May our shadow never fall upon you."
Post edited by methodus2063 on

Comments

• x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like almost all your bullet points here, but I think keeping Armor separate from Off Duty would be better. It would look odd to see someone running around with a suit jacket and armor trousers and a helmet.

One other thing I would desperately like to see is having comm-badges available for off-duty outfits. We saw this frequently in TNG, DS9, and VOY... I don't understand why this isn't an option right now.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • methodus2063methodus2063 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    x3of9 wrote: »
    I like almost all your bullet points here, but I think keeping Armor separate from Off Duty would be better. It would look odd to see someone running around with a suit jacket and armor trousers and a helmet.

One other thing I would desperately like to see is having comm-badges available for off-duty outfits. We saw this frequently in TNG, DS9, and VOY... I don't understand why this isn't an option right now.

I'll give you that it would look weird, but, so does many of the other things players can create, like Aliens. But I could see it done like some of the Klingons uniform options where instead of an entirely different type, you can have some options bound to certain categories. Example, Armor, tight shirt, loose shirt, ect. I would like to see robes mixed with armor style shoulders and boots to make a truly unique look

And yes, comm badges for every one. :D
    Imperial Secret Order. "we are the ones that maintain the balance of power in the universe. May our shadow never fall upon you."
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I approve of this thread, more clothing options and better color palates for all!
    jfsig02.png
  • hugh45hugh45 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

there is one thing about the tailors i would think would be neat if they had an option to create your own custom uniforms
    edited June 2013
    hugh45 wrote: »
    there is one thing about the tailors i would think would be neat if they had an option to create your own custom uniforms

That would be very cool, I don't see it being added because the way costumes are currently implemented wouldn't allow for drastic alterations, but it would be cool. The same for hair as well. "Make you own hair style."
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That would be very cool, I don't see it being added because the way costumes are currently implemented wouldn't allow for drastic alterations, but it would be cool. The same for hair as well. "Make you own hair style."

they could add hairstyles from champions online into STO, but probably this would annoy the "everything must be canon" crowd.

thats why we can't have nice things.
    edited June 2013
    phoenicius wrote: »
    they could add hairstyles from champions online into STO, but probably this would annoy the "everything must be canon" crowd.

thats why we can't have nice things.

Which is sad, because we have many non cannon things in this game.
  • l31l31 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why do I keep seeing people around using options not available in tailor on Risa? Like no body or head. Basically parts of Herald Armour running around? How about being told by people that certain groups of people have access to a special tailor where everything is open including the new Sphere Builder outfit metal design with no outfit but bikini underneath. I thought these games were for every player to have a fair shot at customisation of their ships and characters. Not a few getting access to special content while the rest can't even put some M.A.C.O or Omega gear on a normal uniform.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Look at the date of the last post....
    Quite a necro there.
    I need a beer.

• flumfflumf Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Well it is nearly Halloween, guess it's time for the necromancers to start raising their undead army.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It would look odd to see someone running around with a suit jacket and armor trousers and a helmet.

Not too much different than people always running around in EV suits. :)

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Die zombee thread, die! /closed
This discussion has been closed.