test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When is the Foundry coming back online?

When will the Foundry be back online? Whenever they take the Foundry down, it basically screws up any gaming for veteran players, because the producers simply don't make any new content for the game except once in a blue moon. I love STO, but I'm afraid that without the Foundry there simply is nothing new left to do.#bringbackourfoundry

Comments

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    the simple answer is 'when they are done.' The more complex answer is..well more complex. They have to do an update to the maps, which means at the very least copying in all their changed maps and replacing the existing ones. Now that sounds like it should be easy, but there is alot of data in the background they also have to likely yank out, which slows things down. I would say we are in for at least a 2 week delay this time, assuming everything goes smoother than with the issues that NW had, they were down for...a...while.... :(
  • Options
    gusardgusard Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    After this morning's 1/27 patch, The "create content" tab is greyed out. I am unable to access the foundry. Is this happening with anyone else? I didn't see anything on Twitter about it or in the patch notes or in the forum as of the posting of this comment.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Brainzzz ... the foundry always goes down when a new season comes out ... for how long ... well ... your guess is as good as mine.

Though as missions are being republished ... maybe a week tops? I dunno :/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    On tonight's devstream our Matron Saint of Making Small Coordinate Tweaks Until Two Columns Line Up Perfectly, Zero, said that the Foundry takes itself (ie. the Editor) down during automatic republishes (which we're having). When the whole process will be finished is anyone's guess (last I checked, I was still missing one mission), but I don't imagine we're looking at extended editor downtime.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!