test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Switching from Commodities to Credits was a bad idea

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
All the projects that offered reduced overall requirements, one of them being the Commodities Broker on the Embassy Holding. He is now useless, unless he also brings down Credit requirements the same way he offered low-cost, high-tier commodities. Either way, it changes nothing, because you still have to part with Credits to fill those requirement slots. What makes you think a fleet member will more easily let go of them this way?

Comments

• alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Call it "a bad idea" is a bad idea, because it was a huge nerf. All that new prices in EC are higher in multiple times in some cases than they were before the nerf. Also, cell/tuffli ships, embassy broker and ferengi toons are useless now. New requirements don't require R&D commodities so they are more useless now too. 2 examples:
    Provision Research Supplies III old price in EC with all possible discounts - 316800
    Provision Research Supplies III new price in EC (only EC dilithium mine discount can apply here) - 421600
    Theoretical Modeling Projects IV old price - 240000 + some amount of R&D commodities which costed nothing
    Theoretical Modeling Projects IV new price - 841500
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    What they said! However what is done is done, so let this thread die. So many other threads on this have already been started. It doesn't help, and turns to judgementalism and even a bit of flaming. What we need to do is start a thread discussing ways that Cryptic could make those damaged assets work for us again in some way. That would be worthwhile.

Thanks though for caring.

Qapla!
  • kurgis1kurgis1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Personally I like the fill ec before patch to full then after patch it shows you havnt put anything in - apparently i've got to find 21.250mil ec twice for my Lab 3..
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Shurg...I see these getting filled faster because we don't have to run to the embassy or grab the cell ship or log into a ferangi toon to fill those requirements. Course the boff and dil still don't get filled...but I am in an odd fleet where those damn stupid commidities would be the LAST to get filled...after dil...because it meant one of us would have to stop playing to run over to whereever to grab the stuff to donate.

I had the commodities thing down really good. This is actually proving to be a step backwards for me personally, just looking at the requirement costs, not considering any previously lost progress. Still maybe the change will attract more new players to doing some Fleet contributions ...? That would be worth something.

The Doff thing breaks my freaking back! I can do many hundreds at a time, but I hate it bad ;)

have a good one.

Qapla!
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    What they said! However what is done is done, so let this thread die. So many other threads on this have already been started. It doesn't help, and turns to judgementalism and even a bit of flaming. What we need to do is start a thread discussing ways that Cryptic could make those damaged assets work for us again in some way. That would be worthwhile.

Thanks though for caring.

Qapla!

You can roll over for it if you want, but "what's done is done" is the worst attitude to have about things like this. You need to complain, and get other people who agree with you to complain as well. You can start your own thread, instead of derailing mine.