test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Blog/Email Code

13»

Comments

• kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    For the giveaway and for taking the time to find a beneficial resolution, thank you.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I don't understand this $2 thing people are talking about.
    Doff pack = 200z
    R&D pack = 300z
    Large XP boost = 975z
    Total = 1475z = $14.75
    The giveaway is valued at $14.75 not $2

holy sweet mother mcgrew... your honestly saying that 10k (or is it 100k) xp is valued at 975 zen? total rip off.

I think he was just looking at the prices in the c-store.

975z for 10k xp boost
    300z for RD pack
    ~600z for Doffs (200 per pack and we get clost to 3 packs)

That is 1875z if you were to buy in the store or about $19. While you may not think any of these items are worth it, that is your opinion.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    tarran61 wrote: »
    OMG, this place really has gone to hell.

Thank you Morrigan “LaughingTrendy”, please give thanks to the staff as well. Not just for this but for you all do for the game.

That is a laugh I have been waiting two months for my TOS buff code and she still hasn't sent it so she isn't doing much
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I was not even aware of this promotion and I just missed out. :/

It is going to be available. Look again my friend :)

Qapla!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    Doff pack = 200z
    R&D pack = 300z
    Large XP boost = 975z
    Total = 1475z = $14.75

holy sweet mother mcgrew... your honestly saying that 10k (or is it 100k) xp is valued at 975 zen? total rip off.

975z for 10k xp boost
    300z for RD pack

That is 1875z if you were to buy in the store or about $19. While you may not think any of these items are worth it, that is your opinion.

yeah and I checked it's 10k xp... sorry but no way is an additional 10k xp worth 900+ zen.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    now the big question is...is the bundle containing the items or the items themselves able to be traded between characters? these are things best used on a new character, but i have no immediate plans to make one, so i hope i'll be able to hold these in reserve on a current character until i DO make a new one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    @Laughing Trendy; Thank you for the gift! Great move making it available to all of us.

@all who complain about this gift not being good enough; Claim it and mail it to me, if you don't want it.

@shadowfang240; The XP boost is bound to character. The Doffs and R+D box are bound to character until you open them. Then you can sell, trade or gift them as you see fit. Personally, I very much appreciate this gift. Thank you again, Cryptic.
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up and fix.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    Hail Cobra Commander, The Great Snake rules forever !!!!!
    No.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZcG5UOY224
    daveyny wrote: »
    ... and saying Thank You, is just Polite Manners...

Something many folks around here are sorely lacking in.

It's not offered for the mistake, but for the fact that They acknowledged it, and are offering an amicable solution.
    The replacement item is actually BETTER than the original!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You cannot trade the gamma quad doff boxes between characters.
    Once you claim the big artifacts box that is bound to character, once you open that the R&D box and large xp boost, and 3 stacked gamma quad doff boxes are all bound to character.
    So who ever claims the big box from the sea store gets everything so choose wisely.

One thing you can do though is mail individual doffs from that box to other toons or put on exchange.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Hey! I am very happy to get the gift! Thanks again to Trendy and all!

I need to make sure my people get this ...

Qapla!
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Thank you to the Devs for actually responding and giving the code to EVERYONE. But shame on you for making the code exploitable. If you don't want players to try and exploit a code you are giving out, don't just give it to a select few. Just make a blanket code and exploitation would be null and void.

Now, when is the Golden Nandi going to be available to everyone, and not just a select few for no reason ever given?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    it WAS a blanket code, and that's why it was exploitable​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Great, a c-store claim to replace the code. Was excited that I was not going to miss out this year on something free while in Taiwan and for some reason blocked from logging in by being able to log into arc (yes, can access arc, but not log in to the game)and enter the code, but no, instead I'm screwed over again because of Perfect World and apparently the one china policy preventing log in from Taiwanese IP addresses.
  • akimalyn#2380 akimalyn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    Doff pack = 200z
    R&D pack = 300z
    Large XP boost = 975z
    Total = 1475z = $14.75

975z for 10k xp boost
    300z for RD pack

$21 actually, since they are gamma quad doff packs @ 275 each.... that's 3 chances to get Zemok B-)
    Definately NOT trash. Good turnround from the customer service response to the inquiries that said they weren't going to reissue it.

THANKS TRENDY
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Thank you, Trendy and the Powers That Be! Doing the giveaway for EVERYONE was the right thing to do, and is very much appreciated!
    They're giving away a few small things that we can all live without. What I find irksome is the fact that this is the 2nd or 3rd time they've tried sending a code only to yank it back due to "exploitation issues". Why does Cryptic keep trying to do it that way?! Last time, I think most players got screwed out of whatever they were trying to give away and they said "we're working on it." till everyone just gave up asking about it.

Just pop them in the C-store Promo tab. That seems the most reliable way to do it. Stop this silly code redeem nonsense. Plus that whole 'a few random players get X' never flys well when the majority of the community hears about how they don't get anything. The bad feeling engendered cannot be worth the theoretical loss of revenue of virtual items.

Quoted for Truth. There's a Promotions tab in your own C-Store for a reason. This is what should have been done in the first place.

Agaim, thank you for the inclusive giveaway!

• darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    now the big question is...is the bundle containing the items or the items themselves able to be traded between characters? these are things best used on a new character, but i have no immediate plans to make one, so i hope i'll be able to hold these in reserve on a current character until i DO make a new one​​

locked to the character that claims.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Thanks for the free stuff! :)

That said, people who got the email but who don't visit this forum are going to be confused.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • frankiedoospacefrankiedoospace Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hey folks!

I know a lot of you received the following code: 6rS0U3ES. Maybe you got it through email, or blog, fleetmates, next-door neighbor, etc. The code was a way for us to celebrate the launch of Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts by giving a large number of players some fun items for free. Unfortunately we discovered some issues with how the code was being delivered and could be exploited, so we decided to make an adjustment.

Instead of a large number of players having access to these items to help us celebrate the new season, now every single player will now have complete access to these free items for a 48-hour period! We felt like this was a good way to let everyone in on this awesome giveaway, and make the promotion as seamless as possible. I’ll be posting up a blog tomorrow with more information, but I wanted to give you a head’s up.

Morrigan “LaughingTrendy”
    I too received that code.

Found it! Thank you Morrigan! :D ^_^
    Post edited by frankiedoospace on
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User

$21 actually, since they are gamma quad doff packs @ 275 each.... that's 3 chances to get Zemok B-)
    Definately NOT trash. Good turnround from the customer service response to the inquiries that said they weren't going to reissue it.

THANKS TRENDY

Hate to tell you this...Actually not really, Zemok comes out of the Elite Gamma Quadrant DOFF Pack. Infinity Lock box. Not the one they are giving out.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

THANKS TRENDY
    Hate to tell you this...Actually not really, Zemok comes out of the Elite Gamma Quadrant DOFF Pack. Infinity Lock box. Not the one they are giving out.
    Enh... both. The Elite pack is just the best, but AFAIK there is a tiny chance of getting them in the other pack.... tiny.... very tiny.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Ah shucks, looks like I missed out on it by an hour. Figured it'd be available for the same duration as the original code was redeemable. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    I didn't log in during the 48 hr window (some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know... it's my own damn fault), but thank you for providing a solution for most of those that lost access to the code as a result of others' misdeeds. Your efforts are appreciated, at least as much as the items themselves.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    :( missed it
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    *sigh*
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Thanks so much for the emails telling me about this promo. And the news headline in the launcher. It's so helpful to have this information when it's relevant in the only two places I check every day. Thanks a lot, really.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    xaneks wrote: »
    Okay, so people are thanking the dev team for not checking the code to see if it was exploitable or not?! Have you all lost your ever loving minds?! Its a good thing this was rectified for sure but it should have been working the first time and atari should have passed the source codes technical writings when the game was sold off

*Facepalm* Atari was a label for the game they had nothing to do with code cryptic has all that.