test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Blog/Email Code

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    They're giving away a few small things that we can all live without. What I find irksome is the fact that this is the 2nd or 3rd time they've tried sending a code only to yank it back due to "exploitation issues". Why does Cryptic keep trying to do it that way?! Last time, I think most players got screwed out of whatever they were trying to give away and they said "we're working on it." till everyone just gave up asking about it.

Just pop them in the C-store Promo tab. That seems the most reliable way to do it. Stop this silly code redeem nonsense. Plus that whole 'a few random players get X' never flys well when the majority of the community hears about how they don't get anything. The bad feeling engendered cannot be worth the theoretical loss of revenue of virtual items.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Thank you!
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Hey folks!

I know a lot of you received the following code: 6rS0U3ES. Maybe you got it through email, or blog, fleetmates, next-door neighbor, etc. The code was a way for us to celebrate the launch of Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts by giving a large number of players some fun items for free. Unfortunately we discovered some issues with how the code was being delivered and could be exploited, so we decided to make an adjustment.

Instead of a large number of players having access to these items to help us celebrate the new season, now every single player will now have complete access to these free items for a 48-hour period! We felt like this was a good way to let everyone in on this awesome giveaway, and make the promotion as seamless as possible. I’ll be posting up a blog tomorrow with more information, but I wanted to give you a head’s up.

Morrigan “LaughingTrendy”

Thank you for this quick response and fix!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I was not even aware of this promotion and I just missed out. :/
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Out of curiosity, what was/ future is being given away?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Hey folks!

I know a lot of you received the following code: 6rS0U3ES. Maybe you got it through email, or blog, fleetmates, next-door neighbor, etc. The code was a way for us to celebrate the launch of Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts by giving a large number of players some fun items for free. Unfortunately we discovered some issues with how the code was being delivered and could be exploited, so we decided to make an adjustment.

Instead of a large number of players having access to these items to help us celebrate the new season, now every single player will now have complete access to these free items for a 48-hour period! We felt like this was a good way to let everyone in on this awesome giveaway, and make the promotion as seamless as possible. I’ll be posting up a blog tomorrow with more information, but I wanted to give you a head’s up.

Morrigan “LaughingTrendy”

CHEER!!!!!!

YAY! THANKS!

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Free is Free so Thank you :o:)
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Thanks for clearing it up and posting here to keep people informed.

To those complaining about the nature of the items, why don't you just go play something else? If the thought of something free being given to you is so upsetting just because it's not some super-amazing T6 ship then you're playing the wrong game. Star Trek is not all about being an entitled whiner.
    Just be grateful they even let your sorry TRIBBLE get the freebies as you obviously don't deserve them.
    SulMatuul.png
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I've missed something, which items are being given away?
    Nedya.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think they'll be in the cstore "promotions" tab after today's patch. At least right now there's nothing there to claim.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Code doesent work.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Nice gesture.

I was lucky enough to claim it with the code, though I am unsure how or why you would exploit those rewards..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• richard1279richard1279 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    What about those of us who, thanks to the update, cannot even get the game client to start up properly and get us in the game?
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Thanks for the clarification!!...​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    ragnar0x wrote: »
    Code doesent work.

Really Einstein, nobody noticed.. (To avoid further sarcasm, read before posting remarks like that)

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Thank you B)
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I wasn't able to do anything with the game because there was no text showing up for me. So I miss out on this because I had a gameplay breaking glitch?
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    redricky wrote: »
    So the 48 hour period starts... when? I guess the blog tomorrow will tell. I had a lack of reading comprehension and thought it was now. I saw free stuff and stopped reading.

I installed ARC and it says the code is expired, but yes if you are a steam user like me it seems like you will need to install ARC.

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4201/~/redeeming-pack,-item-or-promotion-codes

(...)

No, you don't have to install ARC. https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem/ Voila!​​
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    I would like to thank you for this genuine effort to make things right with the players.
    I know some think the items being given are not worth the bother and if that is how they feel I am sure they wont bother to claim these items when they appear in game but myself and many others don't look on the size or value of the item as important but rather appreciate the spirit in which they are given and I can say I and I am sure may others will be very happy to claim any free items regardless of their value or size when you give them to us.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Thank you :)

I feel that's the best way to do it: include everyone.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think they'll be in the cstore "promotions" tab after today's patch. At least right now there's nothing there to claim.​​

I suspect you're correct that it will likely be available later on Thursday &/or Friday (available for 2 days) in CSTORE promotions tab for all toons. <3 We will just have to keep out a watchful eye...

I was once again surprised by one of the first people to reply to this thread, it seems how every now & then 'a few' players negativity in game / chat or forums towards others or the developer surprises me. Thankfully the majority of players are very good & decent people, and keep the majority of our spirits positive & friendly. o:)

I though given the # of updates to lighting & kit/modules along with the # of patches introduced in Tuesday's update things went very well... Cryptic has worked very hard & done an amazing job, and despite confusion from kits temporarily disapearing, a result required to allow kits to be upgradable... The larger issue for some AMD/intel video cards (text not shown) is to be resolved today, and aside from a few remaining issue's some easily correctable (like graphic resolution to 1.0) hopefully most will be happy & enjoy the game in new ways...

The R&D Pack, Duty Officer Pack, & XP Boost will surely be greatly appreciated especially now that it is available once again for those who did not receive it. Nice to have this end on an even more positive note.

:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    People who keep asking WHAT are the items being givenaway must not read well because ive said more than once.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    It is in Promotion Tab in Zen-Store, and the Duty Officer Packs part is better now - they are Gamma Quadrant DOFFs Packs and there are 3 of them... (so it's a trap? :wink: )
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    gbw2318 wrote: »
    I wasn't able to do anything with the game because there was no text showing up for me. So I miss out on this because I had a gameplay breaking glitch?

Only if you sit there fuming for the next 2 days instead of reading the fixes listed in General Discussion. Your choice :)

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    From now until Saturday 10/29 at 9AM Pacific, you'll have the opportunity to log in and receive a reward pack filled with the following items:
    • 1 Large XP Boost
    • 3 Gamma Duty Officer Packs
    • 1 R&D Box
    Please note: this pack can be claimed once per account in the promotions tab for characters at least level 10.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    From now until Saturday 10/29 at 9AM Pacific, you'll have the opportunity to log in and receive a reward pack filled with the following items:
    • 1 Large XP Boost
    • 3 Gamma Duty Officer Packs
    • 1 R&D Box
    Please note: this pack can be claimed once per account in the promotions tab for characters at least level 10.

Thanks Trendy! You are Awesome!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    ragnar0x wrote: »
    Code doesent work.

You should actually READ what was posted.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Thank you for goodies! :)​​
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    This promotion just had garbage in it that was mostly useless to the players.
    Way to punch a gift horse in the mouth. I just don't understand why people waste their time complaining about something that is totally free.

I have 14 lvl 60 toons. I have had a lifetime sub since the game was released. I STILL love these little giveaways. Who doesn't like/want more Doffs? These are all things that we consume ALL THE TIME.

I, for one, am thankful. I love your little giveaways. In fact, I login almost daily because you do it so often I don't want to miss anything. Keep up the good work!!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    OMG, this place really has gone to hell.

Thank you Morrigan “LaughingTrendy”, please give thanks to the staff as well. Not just for this but for you all do for the game.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif