test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inhibiting Secondary Deflector

tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Working on my science build for my T6 Pathfinder and I am looking for an Inhibiting Secondary Deflector to go with Gravity Well ability.

Been looking all over the STO Wiki but all I can find is a description of what it does. Nowhere can I find out where to obtain one. Neither in missions nor reputations.

Where does one find any type of secondary deflector as I might also want to replace the deteriorating one that came with my Pathfinder?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    They can be crafted in the R&D system under the Science school, and you can likely find one on the Exchange if you don't have the necessary R&D level to craft it yourself.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    They are random drops and they are also craftable items (in science). That means you can purchase them from the Exchange. On the Exchange under Ship Equipment there is a sub category for Secondary Deflector.

The best thing to do is to buy a Mk II version with the mods you want and then upgrade so that you can get a decent opportunity to increase the rarity. At ultra rare you get a 4th random modifier. When updated to epic quality you get the [EPG/ShdHeal] mod.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Are the crafted ones any better than the ones from the fleet holding?
  • Options
    tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Thanks. Was late when I posted. On PS4 , so looks like random luck for now. :/
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Note that as far as damage goes, Deteriorating is the better choice (as long as you know how and when to proc it for maximum effect).
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Secondary_Deflector

I like the crafted over the fleet holding but to each there own.I also use Deteriorating.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    Thanks. Was late when I posted. On PS4 , so looks like random luck for now. :/

Yeah, hopefully crafting and the Duty Officer (Doff) System will make it to the console before the end of the year. The Doffs are a pretty integral part of the game since it is a way to get XP, crafting materials, contraband, some minor EC and of course crafting among other things. There is a Doff mission that allows you to turn in 4 contraband to a specific security office on ESD / Qo'nos / New Romulus Command to get 2,000 dilithium (20 hour cooldown). That will make getting Dil easier. But it will likely increase the Dil to Zen exchange rate as well.
  • Options
    I prefer using the Dyson Secondary Deflector from the 2014 Anniversary DSD Event Ship. It's great for boosting exotic damage.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I prefer using the Dyson Secondary Deflector from the 2014 Anniversary DSD Event Ship. It's great for boosting exotic damage.

Isn't that one more of a shield-booster for its special effect? Basically a deteriorating that boosts shields instead of does extra damage? (Though if you use the full ship console and the ship equipment Solanae sets, you'll be seeing a lot of hull and shield self-heals firing as you spam weapon-fire and science)

The fleet ones aren't bad - they have access to some specific specialty modifiers I don't think the crafted ones do (more defense, accuracy, and probably most usefully energy weapon damage).

Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options

Isn't that one more of a shield-booster for its special effect? Basically a deteriorating that boosts shields instead of does extra damage? (Though if you use the full ship console and the ship equipment Solanae sets, you'll be seeing a lot of hull and shield self-heals firing as you spam weapon-fire and science)

The fleet ones aren't bad - they have access to some specific specialty modifiers I don't think the crafted ones do (more defense, accuracy, and probably most usefully energy weapon damage).

Yea its a shield booster and drain deflector..Not so great at boosting exotic damage like the Deteriorating due to it lack of radiation damage..

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

Isn't that one more of a shield-booster for its special effect?

I suppose I should have elaborated... At ultra rare it has the [EPG] mod which helps with exotic damage. I use it along with the Solanae Deflector since I consider them to be a "match set", but there are no bonuses for using the primary and secondary Solanae deflectors together
  • Options

Isn't that one more of a shield-booster for its special effect?

I suppose I should have elaborated... At ultra rare it has the [EPG] mod which helps with exotic damage. I use it along with the Solanae Deflector since I consider them to be a "match set", but there are no bonuses for using the primary and secondary Solanae deflectors together

Um...so...Ive seen at ultra rare a different mod for the secondary deflector..[Aux]..You sure it has EPG (not referring to the Epic mod)

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User

Um...so...Ive seen at ultra rare a different mod for the secondary deflector..[Aux]..You sure it has EPG (not referring to the Epic mod)

I think he has the two deflectors slightly confused. One of my toons got a Solenae Deflector to UR, which gave it an [EPG] mod (total is something like +45 EPG at Mk XIV UR). This was the main deflector that comes from A Step Between Stars, not the secondary deflector that comes with the Dyson ship.