test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts Now Live!

Comments

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    From a General Discussion thread on the subject:
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Edit and update by @midniteshadow7 :
    The promotion was cancelled as it was found that it could be exploited and there are no current plans for any replacement codes for those who have not been able to redeem it prior to it being pulled.

Others exploited the code, so we lost access to the promo.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • charlesaspencharlesaspen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    My graphics went haywire a year and a half ago, whatever was done today finally fixed the problems I had since then. Compared to what I've been seeing playing in safe mode, today the game is stunning.

I had the same problem with kits and modules, but after running a mission, when I loaded back to sector space they all reappeared.
    BUT, with the promo code--WTF! Why send a promo code to EVERYBODY AND THEN CANCEL IT. I asked what was going on and i was "politely" informed that there was a problem with the code that made it possible to "exploit" it and that as a result that the promo code was disabled and would not be replaced nor any of the items that were supposed to come from it would be provided to anyone. If there is a problem with something that you provide as a bonus to players--FIX IT!
  • jonbotone#2618 jonbotone Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    my text is gone. launched the game with the new update. all text is gone. menu is nothing but blank buttons. profiles have no text on them. i cannot play this in the current condition.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    seannewboy wrote: »
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Right for those with the missing text, try this (thanks go to one of the guy's over on Reddit who I've shameless copy pasted off):

1) Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (open in Notepad)

2) Find the line "PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9"

3) Delete Direct3D9, so the line now reads "PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType"

4) Relaunch the game, see if it's fixed.

It's worked on my laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650), so hopefully will sort others out.
    now I just get access denied.

Move the file to your desktop, edit it there, then move it back into the folder.

Also, if mattaukett's posted fix doesn't work, you may need to settle for using DX9 without the awesome lighting goodies. Here's how.
    • Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (in Notepad, Wordpad, or other word processor.)
    • Find the line:
      PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9

• Edit the line so it now reads:
      PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D11

• On your launcher, go to Options and under the Command Line option, type
      -d3d9enable 1

into the box. Remember to hit the save button.

DX11 is too good for our aging duotronic GFX cards. Good luck and have fun! :)
    So far all my HP laptop does is tell me "Tesselation not supported, skipping domain shader creation." then crash. Time to try installing on my other laptop...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    seannewboy wrote: »
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Right for those with the missing text, try this (thanks go to one of the guy's over on Reddit who I've shameless copy pasted off):

1) Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (open in Notepad)

2) Find the line "PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9"

3) Delete Direct3D9, so the line now reads "PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType"

4) Relaunch the game, see if it's fixed.

It's worked on my laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650), so hopefully will sort others out.
    now I just get access denied.

Move the file to your desktop, edit it there, then move it back into the folder.

Also, if mattaukett's posted fix doesn't work, you may need to settle for using DX9 without the awesome lighting goodies. Here's how.
    • Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (in Notepad, Wordpad, or other word processor.)
    • Find the line:
      PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9

• Edit the line so it now reads:
      PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D11

• On your launcher, go to Options and under the Command Line option, type
      -d3d9enable 1

into the box. Remember to hit the save button.

DX11 is too good for our aging duotronic GFX cards. Good luck and have fun! :)
    So far all my HP laptop does is tell me "Tesselation not supported, skipping domain shader creation." then crash. Time to try installing on my other laptop...

Darn, that's too bad. For the record, my computer says the same thing but then it continues loading into the main screen.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    So you tie in the Kobali ground garbage directly into the Delta story arc? Not cool, Cryptic, not cool at all. If we wanted to do broken ground content, we'd do it. The reason most of us didn't is because it's junk. Complete and total junk. Just like that feeble excuse about the promo code that you disabled.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • arcanasylvanaarcanasylvana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The artifact redemption code you sent to my email is not working. I keep getting "enter valid code" fix this
  • thegodlikemousethegodlikemouse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @capdux said:
    > Can't get the Bonus item code to work, I get "Please input a valid code". Gifts look good just can get them :(

I'm having the exact same problem. I've entered it exactly and even tried a few different variants, but I just get the "Please input a valid code" message.
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well Cryptic you did it again! THANK YOU for fixing the lag from the UI I'm getting 60 fps at DS9 on max setting and 20 fps while in Crystalline Catastrophe on max settings with the new 2.0 lighting, D3D11. Well wait its probably due to playing this game on a 3 year old pc instead of a 5 year old pc built it myself under $700.00us Including monitor. ;) But still the patch from today
    Oct 25th, 2016 worked great for me, and I wish to thank you. o:)

ViewSonic 22 inch monitor, AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz 4.10 on Turbo, 16 gigs of Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1866 ram, MSI GeForce GTX 960 2G gaming graphics card Stays very cool, that I love, huge heat sink dual fans but its heavy.
    MSI 970 Gaming motherboard sata 6Gb/s usb 3.0, Thermaltake Smart series 600 watt SLI/Crossfire ready power supply, Sharkoon VG4-W red steel/plastic ATX Mid tower. Windows 10.

Yes all parts are brand new for me out of the box but the items are almost 3+ years old. But it works well for me and my budget.
  • zepprimezepprime Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Tried the fix but still can't see text or buttons etc
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    > @capdux said:
    > Can't get the Bonus item code to work, I get "Please input a valid code". Gifts look good just can get them :(

I'm having the exact same problem. I've entered it exactly and even tried a few different variants, but I just get the "Please input a valid code" message.

See post quoted at the top of the page.

TL;DR version: The code was turned off, we don't get the items, because some folks got too many of them.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    xariama wrote: »
    So you tie in the Kobali ground garbage directly into the Delta story arc? Not cool, Cryptic, not cool at all. If we wanted to do broken ground content, we'd do it. The reason most of us didn't is because it's junk. Complete and total junk. Just like that feeble excuse about the promo code that you disabled.

I don't mind it. Frankly, a lot of people passed over the New Romulus and Kobali Prime stuff, either because they don't know about it, ignore the missions available, or just on plain purpose.
  • sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Well, I've tried all the variations on the fixes listed here, and I still have no text anywhere, missing icons etc.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    xariama wrote: »

I don't mind it. Frankly, a lot of people passed over the New Romulus and Kobali Prime stuff, either because they don't know about it, ignore the missions available, or just on plain purpose.

Or in the case of New Romulus, experienced the temporal shenanigans of events in the main storyline taking place after the Rep storyline, but being reached before the Rep was completed. Yeah, that one's always been a bit of a pet peeve with me. The current 'adjustment' doesn't entirely fix the problem, it's a step on the path, however...
    shariala wrote: »
    Well, I've tried all the variations on the fixes listed here, and I still have no text anywhere, missing icons etc.

Only other thing I can think of is clearing out the 'pigpen' (Star Trek Online/Live/Piggs) and letting those reinstall and seeing if that helps, no idea if it would or not though...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    Thank you for the info, Trendy. You're so cool.

Incredible demiurgy as usual, Devas. Thank you from the bottom of both my Klingon hearts.

By the way, the way the boss sneakily slipped the word 'Discovery' in the intro to Artefacts just warmed my cold Gorn blood. Oh, you lovely lovely lovelies.

Gorgeous new look. What else can be said? STO is the greatest MMO ever.
    Greenbird
  • jakatsujakatsu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    From a General Discussion thread on the subject:
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Edit and update by @midniteshadow7 :
    The promotion was cancelled as it was found that it could be exploited and there are no current plans for any replacement codes for those who have not been able to redeem it prior to it being pulled.

Others exploited the code, so we lost access to the promo.

Just one more idiot(or group of idiots) ruining it for the rest of us.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »

Oh, no! Now they'll have to patch the patch notes. That's never good!

Seriously though, my sympathies are with the players who can't play now fbecause of new bugs. After reading so many of these, I am surprised and grateful that my old DX-9 card runs it successfully. No crashes, no missing text, the fires in First City look better, and the floor of New Romulus Command looks like it just got polished with Johnson's Wax Glo-Coat! The glass railings look shinier in ESD, too.

I will say that right after patching, the game looked terrible, but changing renderscale from 0.8 (to which the patch set it) to 1.0 fixed most of the problems, and restoring my old settings did the rest. If the patch hadn't reset the graphics settings to default, there probably would have been no issue at all. I wonder if that's what's hosing many of you, too.

There are two tabs whose settings have been affected: Display and Graphics. If you can get to Options, check them both.
  • cjzepp#2096 cjzepp Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    my graphics are in a bad way. they seem to have caught a case of N64-itis. Max settings, restarted, no change. flISjF.jpg
    noH01Op.png
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Looks like you might actually want to try reducing the reflection level, perhaps...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited October 2016
    Looks like you might actually want to try reducing the reflection level, perhaps...

i'm givin' her all she's got, captain!

also, reflections are off.

UPDATE: i set display to max and regained control of my disabled graphics options. Game looks mostly normal again. Systems are back online.
    noH01Op.png
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,249 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Trendy trendy trendy.. this is getting old Please input a valid code Please input a valid code.. please its the one on the email the caps are locked as needed or not and its not working as designed to proceed its as annoying as the false get a new graphics driver when you have the Latest ATI.. QA Zero used to be so nice so good.
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    lazygizmo wrote: »
    So the code was cancelled....

This promotion was cancelled after it was found that the code could be exploited. We apologize if you were not able to redeem the code prior, however, we will not be able to provide you with a replacement code or any of the items that the code would have awarded.

Should any updates become available in regards to further promotions we will be sure to update our community via our STO News page and our forums.

im sure all they like to do is disappoint

gotta be quick and fix the exploit! everything else can wait ofc :)
    update in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yslB3BkDm8
    noH01Op.png
  • warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    capdux wrote: »
    Can't get the Bonus item code to work, I get "Please input a valid code". Gifts look good just can get them :(

Where is this code I keep on hearing about and what is it for? NVM I read the rest of the thread. I'm guessing the code would have gone to my gmail. But, I see nothing from arc in my gmail. oh well.
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    my text is gone. launched the game with the new update. all text is gone. menu is nothing but blank buttons. profiles have no text on them. i cannot play this in the current condition.
    Exactly the same thing with me. Is this going to be addressed at all officially?
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    go to options when in the update screen, put this in command line for the no text problem: -d3d9enable 1
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • nothingbutbsnothingbutbs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    after patch I was able to log in for the first little while tho I got random disconnects. now it wont even make in game. select char and starts to load and goes black screen all monitors and closes. first time it said dx error and 2 other times it said graphics driver error. Ive ran dxdiag and checked for driver issues/updates. everything is fine and sto is the only thing messing up. also did the verify files and it catches nothing wrong. I did not have missing text when I was able to get on.

the code worked on one acct. others say its expired. I know its a zero so don't bother telling me that. it shouldn't be expired as they are supposed to be good thru the 1st. efit: and the gifts never showed up on the acct the code worked on either..
  • ktmcdo1968ktmcdo1968 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    the redemption code provided in the email isn't working
  • moxzotmoxzot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    "Star Trek Online is proud to bring the amazing new graphical upgrades from our console release to the PC" This should never be said ever console lack the potential power of pc.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Maybe i am missing something, but doesn't the newest FE have XP reward?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.