test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ANSWERED: Bad code to redeem Artifacts reward!

Comments

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Oh look, getting the short end of the stick from PWE/Cryptic.... AGAIN!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Instead, they sent me an email promising some minor goodies, then yanked them away.

Unlike the gold nagus promotion, this is actually worth a tiny bit of outrage since this time they did promise us all the shiny not just the "truly loyal" customers.

How can you attach any outrage to not receiving what people hope they don't get from lock boxes? The emotional contrast between hope and disappointment is pretty much nil for this promo. What's left is just technical commentary.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • twitchuriahtwitchuriah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Reddit pointed me here, tried to get the code for my spouse... Yeah...
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

Instead, they sent me an email promising some minor goodies, then yanked them away.

Unlike the gold nagus promotion, this is actually worth a tiny bit of outrage since this time they did promise us all the shiny not just the "truly loyal" customers.

How can you attach any outrage to not receiving what people hope they don't get from lock boxes? The emotional contrast between hope and disappointment is pretty much nil for this promo. What's left is just technical commentary.

Sure, it's 1 R&D pack and 1 doff pack, worth...$2?

I did say "a tiny bit" of outrage. It's the lack of courtesy in them messing up then failing to apologize for it.

Where's a post in Galactic News, or in their twitter feed?

Where's my $2?

https://youtu.be/6z9Cg46Nktw

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Check the bottom of this German Blog - there is some code, it worked for me yesterady:
    arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10223623-agents-of-yesterday%3A-artifacts-ist-live%21
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Check the bottom of this German Blog - there is some code, it worked for me yesterady:
    arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10223623-agents-of-yesterday%3A-artifacts-ist-live%21

That the same code that was exploited.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Bait and switch by Cryptic.
    Enh... doesn't count if it's a freebie...

If they send out something to get people back to play that said good until Nov 1 but pulled it early saying it won't be back is bait and switch. There is nothing in that which says it only is bait and switch if money is involved. Nice try though. Almost worked.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    What the hell, Cryptic?!? This same freaking problem happened the last time! Invalid code, people saying it's been cancelled because it could be exploited, etc.! IF YOU CAN'T MAKE AN UN-EXPLOITABLE CODE STOP FRUSTRATING PLAYERS WITH AN EMAIL SAYING COME CLAIM FREE STUFF!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    If they send out something to get people back to play that said good until Nov 1 but pulled it early saying it won't be back is bait and switch. There is nothing in that which says it only is bait and switch if money is involved. Nice try though. Almost worked.
    "back to play"? nah. They seem to have sent that to EVERYONE! Hence the problem. Literally everyone had the code.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Agreed with the above. Currently, this is a way of mocking, taunting the players. 'We gave you free stuff but it somehow didn't work for you'.
  • silverskyhigh2silverskyhigh2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic.......not
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2016

You don't know what "bait and switch" is do you? Where exactly is the "switch?" Where's the more expensive item that Cryptic is offering up in as a direct replacement? Virtually everyone that ever cries "bait and switch" has no clue as to what it actually means.
    Post edited by salazarraze on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Interesting, it worked for me.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    First World Problems
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Okay folks I have an update for you...

The promotion was cancelled as it was found that it could be exploited and there are no current plans for any replacement codes for those who have not been able to redeem it prior to it being pulled.
    well... ****.... thanks for the info tho!!

In the "Ways to handle promotion **** ups" guide book, this can be squarely placed under the "Do not do this" heading. That's just a poor way to handle it.

This pretty much sums it all up
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    par for the course.....still can't do a role out without bugs and broken promotions. I'm having the same issue
  • ossangreycouncilossangreycouncil Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    "Yeah sure, let's just use ONE code for this promotion! No one on the internet would possibly exploit it!" How new are you to making online games Cryptic?
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Okay, hold on...

Is it an email, or is it something that was at the bottom of the "Artifacts" launch announcement?

Can anyone who actually got the email let us that haven't gotten it know what it says please? There seems to be some confusion that could easily be cleared up with that.

It was on *both* the bottom of the blog post, and in an email, that gave the same code of "6rS0U3ES", as well as attached to the FB post this morning about the release.

The email stated "Redeem the code below and receive: 1 R&D Pack, 1 Fed/KDF Doff pack, and 1 Large XP Boost", with the code stated as having an expiration date of "11.01.2016", which was also stated on the bottom of the blog post, before being edited out.
    I have confirmed that this is happening and I am trying to figure out what is going on - I shall update everyone when I know more

Thanks, Midnite, for your attention to this; hopefully we can get an update soon!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sorry for shouting...but would it have killed the OP to include that info the first post? Knowing it's basic worthless junk would have saved a lot of people (myself included) from getting a bit huffy about the whole thing. Not that I'm not still peeved off that I never get the emails...but at least I know this is something that I could live without if I missed out on it.

Thanks again!

Hey guess what I do not care what you think one bit. Nor do I care one wit that my omission of what the giveaway is/was got your panties in a wad. A freebie is a freebie so get off your high horse.

what high horse are you taking about?

I was simply stating that a bit more information at the beginning might have kept things from getting out of hand. That's just fact.

But whatever. Carry on.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Evidently simply mailing the items in-game to every account was too simple.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    It's just another in the long list of PR disasters that Cryptic/PWE seem to like so much.
    They seriously need to work on better planning, implementation and communication around these sorts of things.
    Most people don't give two hoots about the nature of the freebie or even that fact there is (or is not) a freebie, it's the terrible lack of info or downright insulting customer service attitude that annoys people.

They seem to be following the guidebook for Terrible Customer Service 101.
    SulMatuul.png
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    a bad code,.. susceptible to an exploit... How typical

"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    the code is bunk tried it says its expired , ty cryptic for nothing
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    If codes seem to consistently be a problem, then why hasn't Cryptic made this a bundle that players can claim through the promotions tab for a limited time?
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that that the quest for Vice Adirmal duty offers was reset? So basically every character I had got 3 more duty officers.

My guess is they did that to compensate for the code being pulled. (Or a very coincidental bug)
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    What occurs to me is that people who can't be bothered to check their own spelling/grammar/punctuation in a post complaining about quality/mistakes/etc have no platform to argue from.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Meh. Can't claim FREE stuff that I can live without anyway.

Hardly the catastrophy that some are implying.

I know. I am honesty shaking my head at some of the comments. Have some people really become this entitled?
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • warpnugget#0537 warpnugget Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    What occurs to me is that people who can't be bothered to check their own spelling/grammar/punctuation in a post complaining about quality/mistakes/etc have no platform to argue from.

hey douche,some of us were born in a country where english isnt our native language,so go back to your winnebago and make me some moonshin you hick.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    Okay folks I have an update for you...

The promotion was cancelled as it was found that it could be exploited and there are no current plans for any replacement codes for those who have not been able to redeem it prior to it being pulled.

@midniteshadow7 I was able to activate the code but i didnt get the promised doffs any chance I can get them now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Evidently simply mailing the items in-game to every account was too simple.

or doing a one time c-store giveaway event so everyone can just claim the items in game just once.
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Meh. Can't claim FREE stuff that I can live without anyway.

Hardly the catastrophy that some are implying.

I know. I am honesty shaking my head at some of the comments. Have some people really become this entitled?

Likewise. Seeing the word "screwed over" in a few places. I fail to see how this is the case though. I mean, the fact that the items on offer were free notwithstanding they were hardly high value, highly sought after, items that were/are in any way essential.

In fact, as someone else pointed out, they basically count as lockbox reject items.

yet again the value of the items is not the point, have you ever heard the saying "Gifts need not be big or expensive, its the thought that counts", regardless of the size or value you don't give a gift and then take it away without making amends in some way, that is just not the way for any who are civilised to behave and just shows a total lack of care to the persons you have given the gift to.

I really cant see how anyone cannot see how some might get upset by this treatment.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.