test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ANSWERED: Bad code to redeem Artifacts reward!

Comments

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Got the e-mail, tried to use it, getting "please input a valid code". WTF?
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    party worked for me here

im missing the doffs. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    if it is the code I am thinking about, had an issue til I realized the O was really 0 (zero)
  • robobigtimerobobigtime Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    From ARC they cancelled the code, because they found out it could be exploited "than you Chinese Farmers".
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I was lucky and got the code quite early, it worked but I didn't get the doffs, wtf?
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Code still doesn't work. I hope this gets resolved this week. *keeps hoping*
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Okay folks I have an update for you...

The promotion was cancelled as it was found that it could be exploited and there are no current plans for any replacement codes for those who have not been able to redeem it prior to it being pulled.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Some folks also saw it posted by the devs on Facebook, and it was carried over to Reddit by STOBot. It was pretty much being "spammed across all channels" (though, in this case, by the dev team), so it might've been hurriedly modified; such things have happened before without good internal communication, making it harder on those dealing with us directly.

Also, @midniteshadow7, Support appears inaccessible (at least for me) to report the issue, both within the Arc Browser and via internet login. Thank you for looking into the code issue for us, it's appreciated.

does it matter if it was spammed across all channels? it was at the bottom of the blog post by the exec producer... he told folks to use it and that it expires on 11/1.

code was improperly coded, could probably be redeemed multiple times on the same account...not that I tried that. but that's the only reason I can think of for them to yank a publicly released code for general consumption.
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User

The promotion was cancelled as it was found that it could be exploited and there are no current plans for any replacement codes for those who have not been able to redeem it prior to it being pulled.

Ouch.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

well... TRIBBLE.... thanks for the info tho!!

• danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    From ARC they cancelled the code, because they found out it could be exploited "than you Chinese Farmers".

I find that funny, since it was a Chinese company that sent the code in the first place.
    rhapses1 wrote: »

Also, @midniteshadow7, Support appears inaccessible (at least for me) to report the issue, both within the Arc Browser and via internet login. Thank you for looking into the code issue for us, it's appreciated.

Glad I'm not the only one who cannot access support. Chrome says infinite loop error, other browser just simply says cannot load page. Happens as soon as you click on support and login. Thus how I ended up here in forums.

Hopefully they simply email us a new (and working) code. I cannot say I feel like hanging around forums to see when fixed to 'try again'.

Safe flying all! :smile:

In what way are you having issues contacting support?
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    No go on Arc Client or in the browser. Client says "Code Expired", browser says "Invalid Code".
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Okay, hold on...

Is it an email, or is it something that was at the bottom of the "Artifacts" launch announcement?

Can anyone who actually got the email let us that haven't gotten it know what it says please? There seems to be some confusion that could easily be cleared up with that.

It was on *both* the bottom of the blog post, and in an email, that gave the same code of "6rS0U3ES", as well as attached to the FB post this morning about the release.

The email stated "Redeem the code below and receive: 1 R&D Pack, 1 Fed/KDF Doff pack, and 1 Large XP Boost", with the code stated as having an expiration date of "11.01.2016", which was also stated on the bottom of the blog post, before being edited out.
    I have confirmed that this is happening and I am trying to figure out what is going on - I shall update everyone when I know more

Thanks, Midnite, for your attention to this; hopefully we can get an update soon!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sorry for shouting...but would it have killed the OP to include that info the first post? Knowing it's basic worthless junk would have saved a lot of people (myself included) from getting a bit huffy about the whole thing. Not that I'm not still peeved off that I never get the emails...but at least I know this is something that I could live without if I missed out on it.

Thanks again!

Hey guess what I do not care what you think one bit. Nor do I care one wit that my omission of what the giveaway is/was got your panties in a wad. A freebie is a freebie so get off your high horse.
  • pantoniouspantonious Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just got off instant chat

"This promotion was cancelled after it was found that the code could be exploited.  We apologize if you were not able to redeem the code prior, however, we will not be able to provide you with a replacement code or any of the items that the code would have awarded."

"I understand but there was an exploit discovered so the code was cancelled. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"Just wait for the announcement in our news page or forums. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

When i expressed i wasn't happy with their lack of communication they just terminated the chat...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    enh... it's not that great of a code anyways...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    pantonious wrote: »
    Just got off instant chat

"This promotion was cancelled after it was found that the code could be exploited.  We apologize if you were not able to redeem the code prior, however, we will not be able to provide you with a replacement code or any of the items that the code would have awarded."

"I understand but there was an exploit discovered so the code was cancelled. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"Just wait for the announcement in our news page or forums. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

When i expressed i wasn't happy with their lack of communication they just terminated the chat...

Sounds like Comcast...

Yeah but a feebie is a freebie...
  • utility#3876 utility Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null
    :( that's lame :(
    I have edited the OP with the update to save people reading through pages of posts!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

That's disappointing! Leave it to the exploiters to ruin it for everyone else. )=
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Bait and switch by Cryptic.
  • dreymor0dreymor0 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    PWE serving bait and switches along with horrendous customer service since the stone age.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Edit and update by @midniteshadow7 :

Well, that's incredibly disappointing. Maybe next time just put it in the Promotions tab for everyone and not bother with a code?

Also, @midniteshadow7, are the folks that exploited it being banhammered, or are they getting rewarded with freebies while we get punished for their exploit?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User

In the "Ways to handle promotion TRIBBLE ups" guide book, this can be squarely placed under the "Do not do this" heading. Thats just a poor way to handle it.
    7NGGeUP.png

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Next time Cryptic wants to do a promotion like that, they need to make DAMN SURE EVERYONE gets the code, or no one should get it. That same thing happened over the Gold Ferengi ship as well since only certain people got it while other people got the big eff you.

They need to learn that every player should be part of a promotion otherwise players will see it as Cryptic only picking who they want to have the code and no reason is given as to why.

I have been opted in to receive emails but have NEVER received ANY code. I got stuff about up coming events and that's it. No code, no giveaways.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    dreymor0 wrote: »
    PWE serving bait and switches along with horrendous customer service since the stone age.

QFT...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Bait and switch by Cryptic.
    Enh... doesn't count if it's a freebie...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

Wow, that's some fine promotion work there, Cryptic marketing. <--- sarcasm.

All they needed to do was to tie the codes to accounts, and only issue codes for accounts that had been created before the promotion started, or even X weeks before it started if they thought a leak had caused people to create scam accounts. Or even X weeks AND must have made a purchase. Simple. They have the customer database, any half-decent db programmer could write the query.

Instead, they sent me an email promising some minor goodies, then yanked them away.

Unlike the gold nagus promotion, this is actually worth a tiny bit of outrage since this time they did promise us all the shiny not just the "truly loyal" customers.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but marketing messed up quite badly this time.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2016

the size or value of the gift is immaterial the fact is that we were offered a gift and the gift was taken away before many of us could collect it, I can understand that there was a good reason for the code being cancelled but the honourable thing to do would have been to replace the code with one that could not be exploited so all those that missed out could benefit from the gift in the spirit it was originally intended.

I am very upset that cryptic can be so cavalier about the whole affair especially to any that took the time to contact cryptic or post in a forum.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.