test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ANSWERED: Bad code to redeem Artifacts reward!

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I'm beginning to think they're just TRIBBLE with me...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    I have confirmed that this is happening and I am trying to figure out what is going on - I shall update everyone when I know more
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Everything under the Notifications tab is enabled in my Arc settings. Some people said they had an option to disable mails under the language tab in Arc settings but I'm not even seeing an option to disable anything there. Just language choices.

try https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/setting then under LANGUAGE of all stupid a s s things.... a little tick box 'Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address.'

It's also enabled there, and I've never checked that page before so it must have been enabled since... well since I created this account three or four years ago.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Much appreciated :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I have confirmed that this is happening and I am trying to figure out what is going on - I shall update everyone when I know more

THANKS!
    Everything under the Notifications tab is enabled in my Arc settings. Some people said they had an option to disable mails under the language tab in Arc settings but I'm not even seeing an option to disable anything there. Just language choices.

try https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/setting then under LANGUAGE of all stupid a s s things.... a little tick box 'Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address.'

It's also enabled there, and I've never checked that page before so it must have been enabled since... well since I created this account three or four years ago.

well... TRIBBLE I dunno what to tell ya then.... :/
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Okay, hold on...

Is it an email, or is it something that was at the bottom of the "Artifacts" launch announcement?

Can anyone who actually got the email let us that haven't gotten it know what it says please? There seems to be some confusion that could easily be cleared up with that.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Yep, same here: 'Please input valid code' with the code copied directly from the email they sent.

That is exactly what I get as well. )=

Excellent!

Thank you very much.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Okay, hold on...

Is it an email, or is it something that was at the bottom of the "Artifacts" launch announcement?

Can anyone who actually got the email let us that haven't gotten it know what it says please? There seems to be some confusion that could easily be cleared up with that.

it is an email... big graphic type like they love so much... doesn't say much of anything except 'NOW LIVE' and click below to get goodies... then goes on to remind us about the sphere builder lockbox ships
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Okay, hold on...

it is an email... big graphic type like they love so much... doesn't say much of anything except 'NOW LIVE' and click below to get goodies... then goes on to remind us about the sphere builder lockbox ships

Well when i checked the blog just after the server came back up there was a promo at the bottom of this page:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10225563

And i was able to redeem the code shown there through a link in the code text itself.
    Clearly that page has been changed since that time. I have no idea what the email thing is about as I've not received such a message and I've checked and all my options are turned on.
    SulMatuul.png
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Okay, hold on...

It was on *both* the bottom of the blog post, and in an email, that gave the same code of "6rS0U3ES", as well as attached to the FB post this morning about the release.

The email stated "Redeem the code below and receive: 1 R&D Pack, 1 Fed/KDF Doff pack, and 1 Large XP Boost", with the code stated as having an expiration date of "11.01.2016", which was also stated on the bottom of the blog post, before being edited out.

Thanks, Midnite, for your attention to this; hopefully we can get an update soon!
  • dyonzdyonz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ridiculous.. almost everything has a micro-transaction (most not-so-micro) and when they give something away for free they TRIBBLE it up so spectacularly that unless I another issue (can't equip any kits) *AND* come to the forums I would never have known about it. No email, no code anywhere that I can see. It feels like they're trying to make his difficult.

it is an email...

Thanks for the confirmation on that. Much appreciated.

... big graphic type like they love so much...

Sadly, I've never seen one. :(

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    they sent the same code to all of us...great
    Okay, hold on...

It was on *both* the bottom of the blog post, and in an email, that gave the same code of "6rS0U3ES", as well as attached to the FB post this morning about the release.

The email stated "Redeem the code below and receive: 1 R&D Pack, 1 Fed/KDF Doff pack, and 1 Large XP Boost", with the code stated as having an expiration date of "11.01.2016", which was also stated on the bottom of the blog post, before being edited out.

Thanks, Midnite, for your attention to this; hopefully we can get an update soon!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sorry for shouting...but would it have killed the OP to include that info the first post? Knowing it's basic worthless junk would have saved a lot of people (myself included) from getting a bit huffy about the whole thing. Not that I'm not still peeved off that I never get the emails...but at least I know this is something that I could live without if I missed out on it.

Thanks again!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    dyonz wrote: »
    Ridiculous.. almost everything has a micro-transaction (most not-so-micro) and when they give something away for free they **** it up so spectacularly that unless I another issue (can't equip any kits) *AND* come to the forums I would never have known about it. No email, no code anywhere that I can see. It feels like they're trying to make his difficult.

Calm down. They're giving away enough things and you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to.

I do agree though that they need to better think things through with promotions though. So far most of them have only made people angry because many were excluded without any good reason given as to why.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Okay, hold on...

It's both. The code was in the launch announcement before, but has been now removed. It was also emailed to people. There isn't any extra info in the email, just "redeem this code to receive <list of items>" and that it expires 11.01.2016.

I can confirm the code in the launch announcement did work when it was up, I entered it and got the stuff. Presumably it was the same one as the email, but I can't remember for sure.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sorry for shouting...but would it have killed the OP to include that info the first post? Knowing it's basic worthless junk would have saved a lot of people (myself included) from getting a bit huffy about the whole thing. Not that I'm not still peeved off that I never get the emails...but at least I know this is something that I could live without if I missed out on it.

Thanks again!

Yep, np! Although, I'd disagree with it being 'worthless junk': my AoY toon could certainly use the R&D pack *and* the Doff pack! :)
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Got the email Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM and its DOA today.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    dyonz wrote: »
    Ridiculous.. almost everything has a micro-transaction (most not-so-micro) and when they give something away for free they **** it up so spectacularly that unless I another issue (can't equip any kits) *AND* come to the forums I would never have known about it. No email, no code anywhere that I can see. It feels like they're trying to make his difficult.

Calm down. They're giving away enough things and you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to.

I do agree though that they need to better think things through with promotions though. So far most of them have only made people angry because many were excluded without any good reason given as to why.

I am perfectly calm. Apparently TRIBBLE is a bad word.
    Yep.. scr3w is a bad word. Magnificent.
  • shandarilshandaril Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    the code i got is very bad :O doesnt work and says it expired
    date of expiry is 11.01.16 ...
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    used it this morning... seems they edited the post to remove the code. there was probably a bug with it... maybe unlimited use? and not one per account. maybe someone spammed the code like 100 times or more and they caught on and killed code for now.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    used it this morning... seems they edited the post to remove the code. there was probably a bug with it... maybe unlimited use? and not one per account. maybe someone spammed the code like 100 times or more and they caught on and killed code for now.

That's certainly a possibility as to why it was edited out of the blog and FB post...I hate this forum not having a damn Dev Tracker, so it looks like there has been no response outside of a mod...
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    I had the same problem, I raised a ticket and got the explanation for the code not working I will not quote the response but only say I wasn't very happy with it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    warpangel wrote: »
    Okay, hold on...

It's both. The code was in the launch announcement before, but has been now removed. It was also emailed to people. There isn't any extra info in the email, just "redeem this code to receive <list of items>" and that it expires 11.01.2016.

I can confirm the code in the launch announcement did work when it was up, I entered it and got the stuff. Presumably it was the same one as the email, but I can't remember for sure.

Some folks also saw it posted by the devs on Facebook, and it was carried over to Reddit by STOBot. It was pretty much being "spammed across all channels" (though, in this case, by the dev team), so it might've been hurriedly modified; such things have happened before without good internal communication, making it harder on those dealing with us directly.

Also, @midniteshadow7, Support appears inaccessible (at least for me) to report the issue, both within the Arc Browser and via internet login. Thank you for looking into the code issue for us, it's appreciated.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Code worked for me just fine a few hours ago. R&D pack, 10,000 XP boost, and a Doff pack, all once per acct so choose carefully.
  • rhapses1rhapses1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Also, @midniteshadow7, Support appears inaccessible (at least for me) to report the issue, both within the Arc Browser and via internet login. Thank you for looking into the code issue for us, it's appreciated.

Glad I'm not the only one who cannot access support. Chrome says infinite loop error, other browser just simply says cannot load page. Happens as soon as you click on support and login. Thus how I ended up here in forums.

Hopefully they simply email us a new (and working) code. I cannot say I feel like hanging around forums to see when fixed to 'try again'.

Safe flying all! :smile: