test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts Now Live!

Comments

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    thx again cryptic for another buggy release , can no longer reclaim my regent class + items missing from my bank on all 7 of my ton's (before anybody chimes in I know it is not the bug report sub-forum ;) )
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Throwing my hat in the 'code isn't working' ring; got it from the FB page (which is telling that it's been edited out of the post), in the link from the FB page (again, edited out of the blog post), and in the email that was sent this afternoon. Direct typing, copy/pasting, neither works; only get 'Please input a valid code'... :| The email, and the pre-edited blog post, *both* state(d) expiration of '11.01.2016'
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Right for those with the missing text, try this (thanks go to one of the guy's over on Reddit who I've shameless copy pasted off):

1) Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (open in Notepad)

2) Find the line "PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9"

3) Delete Direct3D9, so the line now reads "PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType"

4) Relaunch the game, see if it's fixed.

It's worked on my laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650), so hopefully will sort others out.
    now I just get access denied.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • sacredtbagsacredtbag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Right for those with the missing text, try this (thanks go to one of the guy's over on Reddit who I've shameless copy pasted off):

1) Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (open in Notepad)

It's worked on my laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650), so hopefully will sort others out.

Awesome, this worked for me. Talk about disappointing when I launched the game.

On a side note, the code does not work for me either.
  • syrxee#1386 syrxee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ok I got the code earlier it shows it in my redeemed codes on arc but nothing ingame.
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    arias35 wrote: »
    I have the same issue, the graphics post patch look terrible, but the game also displays no text, and half of the icons and UI are missing. Rebooted, repatched, Safemode, nothings sorts it. The game is unplayable for me at the moment.
    Yeah, I have no text whatsoever showing up either. Just blank buttons.
  • kheelan#5651 kheelan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    ok not exactly the same thing, I open a mail click reply to send stuff from one account to another. the stuff leaves one account when I lick send but the mailed items never make it to the other account. never happed before this update .... guys beware before mailing high end loot
  • monterificmonterific Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wow...this wasn't a great experience for me either!

1st) The graphics are horrid! It feels like I went & played a game from the 90's.

2nd) I linked directly from my email to redeem the code...and nothing. I'm asked to enter a valid code?!? huh??? I linked from YOUR email, how's it not valid?

Please fix. Pronto. Thanks.
  • hpeter1ahpeter1a Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    redeem code in the arc launcher
  • starshade24starshade24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I actually have a problem claiming the free items. I wasn't sure where to go on the boards. I cannot use the redeem code for some reason.

\@adorkabledori said:
    > kurgis1 wrote: »
    >
    > Yup lost all my kit modules that were equipped *sigh*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They pop up in your inventory when you move to another sector (beta to alpha, for example). Well, that was my experience.

> @pwlaughingtrendy said:
    > Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts begins a brand new adventure for the captains of Star Trek Online, now available!
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    How about giving tactical players a reason to stay

Agreed, tier 1 tac boff slots are pretty pathetic, because there are only 2 meaningful choices there (and kemo) but the rest of it...

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but do you really want more Tac/spec seating, because tac buffs are all useless unless they're T4? Or that battlecruisers aren't all like scimi? (Which isn't a battlecruiser anyway, and battlecruisers aren't tac ships) Or are you kidding?

General agreement is that if there's one thing ridiculously overpowered in this game, it's a tac captain in a battlecruiser, (Romulan tac in a scimi is beyond ridiculously OP. They can probably one-shot the entire Q Continuum...)
  • vrilcrendrilvrilcrendril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What artifact? To promo is not even valid. They never seem to work. Oct. 25th and teh promo code is good until Nov 1st.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    At least players can access the game.
    It looks like XP users are screwed.

There are several threads about this right now, here, here, and here...

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    ok I got the code earlier it shows it in my redeemed codes on arc but nothing ingame.

Check the promo tab in the c-store.
    1xe027q.png
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Tried on my laptop and getting the same issues as everyone else with text being missing. Tried the renderscale trick with no success as far (which is challenging cause I can't see any text at all).

The desktop, can't even get the game running. Patched up loaded and briefly saw the graphics reset screen before the game crashed to the Cryptic error tracker (no error code given, just say's requesting which eventually converts to Unknown) with a Fatal Error box saying Fatal Error: Hog file incorrect/unreadable version*:7, first time around it then proceeded to force verify the installation (haven't started again as yet).

Didn't have any issues when I'd tried Tribble on the desktop after the last patch, so not sure what's going on.

Ok, looks like I've got the desktop working as well. Or at least can get as far as character select (bed time, so I'll try more tomorrow). Had to delete all the .hogg files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs" and redownload the game (or at least the hogg files). But it's letting me in now so hopefully that's the problem solved and I can try the new FE tomorrow evening.
  • kheelan#5651 kheelan Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Check the promo tab in the c-store.
    I did, nothing there and yet on arc it shows as a redeemed code.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Graphic improvements generally mean a step forward not in reverse, we have lost most of the improvements of the last four years and now it looks like pre-LOR. How is taking away reflectivity and hi-res lighting effects an improvement? Tell me it's a temporal glitch that will be fixed next episode but PLEASE fix it. :s
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • lightkeeplightkeep Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    If by live they mean, crash on the Cryptic screen.. then I agree its live. . . I have tried several times and still no good. Even tried Safemode, which does nothing.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    seannewboy wrote: »

now I just get access denied.

Move the file to your desktop, edit it there, then move it back into the folder.

Also, if mattaukett's posted fix doesn't work, you may need to settle for using DX9 without the awesome lighting goodies. Here's how.
    • Go to your "Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata" folder and open Gameprefs.Pref (in Notepad, Wordpad, or other word processor.)
    • Find the line:
      PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D9

• Edit the line so it now reads:
      PrefEntry GfxSettings.DeviceType Direct3D11

• On your launcher, go to Options and under the Command Line option, type
      -d3d9enable 1

into the box. Remember to hit the save button.

DX11 is too good for our aging duotronic GFX cards. Good luck and have fun! :)
    m12Pkoj.png
  • lazygizmolazygizmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So the code was cancelled....

This promotion was cancelled after it was found that the code could be exploited. We apologize if you were not able to redeem the code prior, however, we will not be able to provide you with a replacement code or any of the items that the code would have awarded.

Should any updates become available in regards to further promotions we will be sure to update our community via our STO News page and our forums.

im sure all they like to do is disappoint
  • intennaintenna Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    capdux wrote: »
    Can't get the Bonus item code to work, I get "Please input a valid code". Gifts look good just can get them :(

I'm having the same issue.

• vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    WHERE the heck were you supposed to input the code anyway? Back when it was working, I mean. Was this code for ARC users only?

Why didn't they just put the blasted things in the C-Store tab with all the other CLAIM goodies? Especially now that they've apparently retracted the code.

On the other claw, I noticed that all of my characters got a new mission to go see the DOFF contact for a new set of DOFFs. So maybe they just decided to give everyone the DOFF pack when the codes blew up. If so, that's cool, and maybe they should just have done that in the first place.

[EDIT: Visited the DOFF contact, and it's the Vice Admiral DOFF pack being given. Fine by me, at least my Romulans got Romulan DOFFs instead of alien grindfodder scum.] :smile:

Still no TOS Gorn outfits for Gorn captains at the tailor, but I did snag two Romulan BOFF Recruitment DOFF missions on my Romulan characters. Which makes them VERY happy!
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It would be good if I got a separate artifacts redeem code from the one my my Uncle got. My username is kargandarr and his is starjohn. These are two definitely two completely separate accounts and are not connected in any way. I don't know who did it, why it was done, when it was done or how it was done. I have already attempted to submit a bug report on this to support issue. Due to this issue not being corrected i got the same code that he got and the codes can only be used once. I need a new code or I can't get my rewards and this needs fixed so that we get separate codes from now on. As it is right now I am very close to deleting everything and stopping my playing of the game. find out who did it and fix the problem.

Also I have been trying to send this in as a bug and can't get it in because the online ticket submitting form is messed up and you can't get the categories to show up under the two that show up when the page loads. The following is my support ticket text:

Lack of support for a previously issued ticket and problem.

Why is it that paulanthonyrobinson@gmail.com (kargandarr) and homerjohnson@gmail.com (starjohn) are listed in your account system as the same person? Yes, I have to use his computer to play, but other than that I am not him and he is not me. He is eight years older than me. I have reported this once before and got no response from you about fixing this. My name username is kargandarr (real name Paul A. Robinson). My uncles username is starjohn (real name is Homer Johnson. these are two completely separate accounts, two separate people and should not be getting the same artifacts redeem code for both of us. Thanks to the lack of support on a previously reported problem I got the same number that he got and cannot get my set of gifts for any of my toons. This needs corrected ASAP or I will delete all my toons and stop playing. This problem applies to Star Trek Online and needs fixed now. This image included is strictly a screenshot of my ARC account and email account. You will, if you check our accounts, see that someone who does not know what they are doing has put the two accounts together. We are two different people and do not have the same name or account. I have to use his computer to plat the game but I am not him. So that I can get my rewards I need a new number in the next three days. If not then I have no choice but to delete all toons and stop playing this game completely.
  • ctf317actualctf317actual Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ugh, Really? This code fails, but no follow up eMail that they have been pulled, or not. I played a lot, and then one day, all my Ecredits are gone, fine. A few times I have to redo my character stats, fine. I get ONE Chimera, fine. I go from 1000 Veteran days down to 400 days, I am a life member from the start? Fine, but I'm not happy. If your going to yank my chain, at least give me the reach-around once in a while.

Fine?
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    For the person that thought that the two accounts were connected somehow by Cryptic, if you look at page 1 of this thread you will see someone put up the same generic code that I received. I believe that it's only useable once on each account, but that it is the same code throughout the playerbase.

For the people having trouble claiming the code you click on the link in the email and then look further down the email page and the code will be shown. I had to manually type the code in as I couldn't copy it. If that fails someone posted the generic code on page 1 of this thread. Oh and it's a zero not an O made that mistake.

The lighting reset didn't appear to do anything to my settings as they are all the same as they were before but everything looks different so the lighting upgrade is working.

I dismounted my kit and the modules last night due to advice from this forum. I'm glad I did because they were in my inventory and it allowed me to upgrade them as much as I could before remounting.
  • gregoryt#9489 gregoryt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I keep getting the "Please input a valid code" as well
  • canadacjcanadacj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I didn't get a chance to check my email until now (very busy at work) and noticed that the supplied code doesn't work. Upon reading through this thread, I'm not alone. So the code was the same for everyone? Was it only available to ARC users (I launch through Steam)?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    canadacj wrote: »
    I didn't get a chance to check my email until now (very busy at work) and noticed that the supplied code doesn't work. Upon reading through this thread, I'm not alone. So the code was the same for everyone? Was it only available to ARC users (I launch through Steam)?
    Apparently the code was buggy and could be used repeatedly, so it was deactivated.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Personally, I don't see what the big deal is; the free items aren't really anything special - R&D Pack, DOff pack, XP Boost. - it's not like it's a free ship or costume or even inventory slots or bank slots or anything with any real permanency. Of course, that's just me and I'm weird.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...