test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Controls settings lost and/or not saved.

cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
On both space and ground maps, settings are reverted to default with no interaction from the player. Attempting to correct settings to use preference appears to be saved when checked immediately, but reverts to default after some time has passed, or with each map change.

Comments

• sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I can confirm this.

Opening the "options" menu resets both the ground and space "controls" tab to its default settings.

So merely opening the options undoes any changes you do to your control settings.

As far as I can tell, the only temporary solution around this issue is to set your desired control settings, and never open the options menu again until this gets fixed (as re-opening it triggers the reset).
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Yep, been seeing this issue myself. Already posted a report earlier but another one can't hurt.
    sf911 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, the only temporary solution around this issue is to set your desired control settings, and never open the options menu again until this gets fixed (as re-opening it triggers the reset).

That might work, but since a reset triggers as well on map changes or just at random, it wouldn't do any good.

• cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I tried to fix it by forcing a reset to defaults, but the issue remains following a map change or opening the settings menu again.

• lockonx#2583 lockonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This would explain why the camera shaking option keeps re-enabling itself after some time.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Confirmed, thanks.
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    This has affected me as well. I'm going to have to keep an eye on patch notes for the near future. It's annoying that I can't set my camera type to "follow target" without it resetting back to "free camera" after a few minutes.