test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken Mechanics

vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Federation Discussion
There are times I question if some ship builds can be overcome with enough thought about things. The hyper-specialized anti shield design was my first concern. I do some shield drain stuff amongst other things, but I fear the mechanics are too broken. Particulary when it comes to PvP...however you PvP these days.

For me, the temporal stuff is broken too. WAY to powerful in what it does to rightly counter. That and shield bypass designs too. Are there more broken mechanic designs out there? I'm sure there are. As the developers create things, you always have the "power gamers" finding the broken mechanical aspects to exploit.

:'(

So what about YOU? Do you agree? Have you suffered at the hands of such builds yourself or combinations? Have you found other broken mechanics in the game?

Comments

• Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    You confused broken with overpowered. PVP=wise, I don't know. PVE-wise it's a different story. Broken - poorly implemented, not working as intended. Overpowered - shading away other gameplay opportunities, creating OP-scenarios with higher frequency than 7/10. That's some complicated stuff. That's why OP is harder to explain and prove than simply crying on a forum just to boost your class/ship/favourite weapon. That's just end-user-ruining-design.
  • Options
    fl219fl219 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Ship wise, the Temporal Space Set is alright. Not really worth the time and effort. Now the ground set, don't sneez! You will get a "Personal shields loosing power!" It's complete junk. Definatly not worth 2 cents IMHO.