test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [October 25th, 2016]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 10/25 at 6 AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The size of the patch is a bit on the large side at 8.5 gigs and there was no pre-downloading, until tonight that is. Guess I won't be in game until Wednesday unless the amount to download is significantly smaller than what needs to be patched.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    The size of the patch is a bit on the large side at 8.5 gigs and there was no pre-downloading, until tonight that is. Guess I won't be in game until Wednesday unless the amount to download is significantly smaller than what needs to be patched.

there is pre patching i got 4 gigs prepatched several hours ago
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    ◦Resolved an issue that caused the "Recruit Romulan/Reman Bridge Officer" assignments to not appear.
    ◦These can now appear as rare or ultra-rare assignments at New Romulus Command for Romulan captains.

May the Great Bird of the Galaxy bless you all!
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    ◦Each character has been granted 12 additional inventory slots for free.

On behalf of all of us hoarders, thank you.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    TRIBBLE yeah finally! Romulan/Reman boff doff assignments working again after how many years broken? 2? 2.5?

And the free 12 inventory slots for every toon is awesome! Real Oprah moment.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    "Fleet Holdings:
    The various item requirements, such as torpedoes, devices, etc, and Commodity requirements, except for Contraband have been converted into a single Energy Credit entry.
    Any partially completed projects will have their commodity/item requirements removed and replaced with an Energy Credit requirement and the associated progress will be lost.
    Contraband will remain a unique entry.
    Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required."

Well looky there, another currency shift that screws the players. Typical.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Wow, way to half glass empty the patch notes Mr. Gloom 'n Doom.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    I am always amused at some of the things fixed on these patches. Worfs eyebrows is among many things I never noticed how "In to this game" must you be to notice that? Anyway thanks to the devs for fixing stuff.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    "Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required."

There were reputation projects that required duty officers? or should this be about the construction projects?
    White duty officers are worth 5 dilithium, 100 per seems a bit of a step up?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    ◦Each character has been granted 12 additional inventory slots for free.

On behalf of all of us hoarders, thank you.

Here, Here!
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 10/25 at 6 AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team

Wow so many fixes! Hope they all work!
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Just as long as the Delta Quadrant and Klingon Kar'Fi carrier is fixed, I'll be happy. Oh, and the turning, set upgrading, or special weapons upgrading bugs don't turnup in this update. Here's to hope...
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Query; with the change to Kits and Modules - specifically Modules being directly character equipped instead of placed in a Kit and that equipped - what will happen to the Modules currently equipped in Kits on our characters?

In other words, do I need to do a lightning run to de-equip all the Modules and Kits on my captains before the patch so I don't risk losing any of them (especially the Event Modules)?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    "Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required."

There were reputation projects that required duty officers? or should this be about the construction projects?
    Very few rep projects used them. The only ones I can think of are Scorpion fighters, and the devices for summoning either Romulan or Reman security.
    Query; with the change to Kits and Modules - specifically Modules being directly character equipped instead of placed in a Kit and that equipped - what will happen to the Modules currently equipped in Kits on our characters?

In other words, do I need to do a lightning run to de-equip all the Modules and Kits on my captains before the patch so I don't risk losing any of them (especially the Event Modules)?
    I did that, but they should all be somewhere. Either your inventory or overflow.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »

Very few rep projects used them. The only ones I can think of are Scorpion fighters, and the devices for summoning either Romulan or Reman security.

Consumables and hangar pets in Nukara rep, too. Pretty much nothing since then. Relics of a bygone time.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Starfleet captains can now remove the prefix on the Tholian Mesh Weaver and its T5-U variant.
    I have both weavers; the 'stuck' prefix issue is on the Orb Weaver, not the Mesh Weaver. Are we sure this isn't a typo in the notes? Anyways, as long as they're in the neighborhood, I'm curious as to whether this applies to the other Tholian ships (Recluse, Tarantula, Widow).
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    So what upgrades work on the kits?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer

They go to your inventory, or, lacking space, your overflow. You do not need to unequip them yourself.
    Starfleet captains can now remove the prefix on the Tholian Mesh Weaver and its T5-U variant.
    I have both weavers; the 'stuck' prefix issue is on the Orb Weaver, not the Mesh Weaver. Are we sure this isn't a typo in the notes? Anyways, as long as they're in the neighborhood, I'm curious as to whether this applies to the other Tholian ships (Recluse, Tarantula, Widow).

It is a typo in the notes; this fixed the Orb Weaver. All of the player Tholian ships should allow you to remove the prefix.
    So what upgrades work on the kits?

Ground upgrades.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    ◦Standard Kit Modules can be upgraded to a maximum of Mk 14 Ultraviolet Quality.

So we'll be able to upgrade our kit modules until we literally can't see them? :D
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    ◦Standard Kit Modules can be upgraded to a maximum of Mk 14 Ultraviolet Quality.

So we'll be able to upgrade our kit modules until we literally can't see them? :D

Ultraviolet is an internal term for Ultrarare. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Enh, some players call it UV too. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

They go to your inventory, or, lacking space, your overflow. You do not need to unequip them yourself.

Oh, good, that's a relief. I have to say that I'm glad to see kits and modules finally being upgradable. No more having the module for the ability you want becoming defunct by your character out-levelling it; no more having to decided whether you want to use the MkXIII White or MkXII Blue version of a module... This pleases me.

Ultraviolet is an internal term for Ultrarare. :D

And think about it; Green, Blue, Purple, Indigo - same as light. Of course, White and Gold aren't, but those are the traditional RPG colors for the lowest and highest qualities of equipment (Or Unique equipment), so they still make sense there.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    I appreciate the new inventory slots but I, and many other people, have much more than twelve mods.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • sifadiussifadius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Wow! Now thats what i call an impressive list of new/changed stuff and bug fixes.
    Nice Work.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Firstly, thank you Cryptic, for the 12 additional Inventory spaces - these are always useful to have. I'm really looking forward to the new Featured Episode, the new lighting, the return of K-13 and the vast array of fixes here, but I have a few concerns...
    The Galaxy Map is disabled for 23rd Century captains before entering the present timeline.
    So, you've chosen to disable the main navigation feature? I'd really like to know why.
    Battle Group Omega has been removed as a physical location.
    Why remove it? It was a vital access point for Mail, Exchange and Bank given that the Borg are 'nesting' way over there, away from anywhere else that has that kind of access.
    Removed the hand off mission Battle Group Omega and replaced it with a hand off mission for the Borg Arc and a separate for the Undine Arc.
    You guys already removed the Undine arc long ago, merging it into the Borg arc.
    Whilst we're talking about this, I like that the Breen and Borg arcs switched order at the releas of Agents of Yesterday for smoother mission progression around the game, but now, the second mission in Yesterday's War comes in between these two arcs and necessitates travel to the Beta Quadrant for this unskippable mission.
    I'd suggest lowering the level requirement for the mission so it's played just before the Cardassian story arc.
    Reputations are now hidden until the player is level 50.
    Didn't this already happen a loooong time ago?

I'm not entirely sure of the necessity of adding New Romulus & Kobali Prime missions into the story arc.
    The Flotilla beam-out fix is most welcome, especially by lower-level Romulans who have not yet aligned, or have chosen to KDF-align.
    I'm looking forward to getting the Borg Science Boff from the reputation project now as I've run these STF's many times and never managed to complete the accolade properly. :)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Galaxy Map is the one that shows the entire galaxy, rather than just the quadrant you're in. This is because the Galaxy Map doesn't have a 23rd century version - you see the future. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    kit can now be upgraded... are you kitting me LOL
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Removed any Duty Officer input requirements on all Reputation Projects and increased the Dilithium input requirements by 100 per Duty Officer that was previously required.

So with regards to this change, is this affecting only reputation projects or is it affecting those fleet projects that need doffs as well? Because the patch notes have it listed under "Fleet Holdings" which to me makes it look like it's referencing the fleet projects.

Any ideas?
    SulMatuul.png
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,249 Arc User
    Thank you Captain Spinning Leek for permission to sleep [great excuse]
    And now I'm stuck in the web
    You're spinning
    You've got me for your prey
    Trek Aoy All the Way...
    you're from the other side of the mirror..
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
This discussion has been closed.