test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Convert Credits to Zen

mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
I'm returning after being gone for 3 years, and I remember there was a button under the mini-map that would take me to a place to bid on credits to zen or zen to dilithium. For the life of me, I can't find it now. I'm level 9 on a new temporal agent, so maybe I have to reach a higher level before it shows up. I really don't know. Ideas? Thanks.

Best Answers

• chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    What your looking for is the dilithium exchange its in your inventory window in the same tab as the dilithium refiner there is a tab just under that for the dilithium exchange.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
    Answer ✓
    convert dil to zen, buy keys sell the keys for credits
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    @mackermomo welcome back to STO :).

As @chitowngrizz420 has outlined above, there is a way to go from Dilithium to EC - use Dilithium to purchase Zen, Zen to purchase Master Keys (or other things, like Fleet Modules), then sell those items on the Exchange for EC (note - console players only have a thin market so they may not be worth as much as on the PC exchange).

However, there is not a way (that I know of, anyway) of going the other way - EC to Zen or EC to Dilithium. If you find one, let us all know, would you please?!?! :)

Best,

Answers

• mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Thank you for the answer. Hahaha. Now I remember. I am still a bit confused though. It seems there was also a way to sell zen for credits, for times when I ran short. All I see are dilithium exchanges. How does one convert Zen to credits?

Sorry, I'm a bit rusty. J
    Ok thank you. Seems I remember that process a while back. Sure appreciate the assistance. Have a good weekend.
    Hahaha. Thank you ultimatenewbie. I played WOWs for a while after leaving STO, and it's quite easy to convet gold to credits on their end. I think I was simply a bit confused. I'm up to level 14 now, and still amazed at all I forgot. J Lots to re-learn. Great community in STO with loads of helpful people. Thanks again.

However, there is not a way (that I know of, anyway) of going the other way - EC to Zen or EC to Dilithium. If you find one, let us all know, would you please?!?! :)

Best,

To turn EC into Dilithium you can buy contraband,colonist,prisoners for KDF,commodities all can be made into DIL from the Duty Officer system. Even R&D materials inside your ship in the SCI-LAB can be turned into DIL in the special projects DOFF missions. It a process but not much to make that DIL from the the EC and that multiplies per character.

lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • new to sto need 900 zen to accept tier 2 awarded ship, ship loadout & dry dock. have 2,600 refined dilith. cant figure out exchange page
  • love the game, just need dilithium exchange help!
  • tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    null
    "new to sto need 900 zen to accept tier 2 awarded ship, ship loadout & dry dock. have 2,600 refined dilith. cant figure out exchange page"

Go to STO Wiki and search on Dilithium Exchange. Current avg rate on PS4 is 405 Dilithium for 1 zen. So to figure out how much Dilithium you need to "sell", multiply 900 Zen * 405 Dilithium.
  • eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    There's an easy way to get zen

Simply Click on the Z-Store button ( Minimap on top right, buttom left button bottom of mini map )
    IN the dialog button that pops up after you click on the Z-Store button, click on the bottom right button. You can't miss it.
    Easiest way to get Zen...