What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Day 3)

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Team Echo
    The Sona are here.

Team Echo!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• keith2014keith2014 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Wonder woman invisible plane :D
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Foxtrot, because it resembles the UFO's Kenneth Arnold saw, which were crescent shaped, it was the newspapers that said saucer.
  • milo675milo675 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Echo
    team echo guys
  • shepard05shepard05 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    #teamFoxtrot

Foxtrot looks better and Echo looks to much like a Romulan and Son'a ships
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Foxtrot!

Compliance!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Foxtrot reminds me of Flight of the Navigator, while Echo looks Cylon to me themed to me.

the other day I commented to a similar effect and asked if it comes with a 'class 1 maneuver console' and a 'Navigator' title lol :D
    Flight-of-the-navigator-disneyscreencaps.com-6123.jpg
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I pretty much don't even CARE what Echo is supposed to be ... because it is clearly NOT meant to be a starship in the tradition of Star Trek.

You're exactly right.

It's a starship built by the new kids on the block. The Lukari are not part of Star Trek tradition, they are something new. Their ships do not look like the other races' ships for the simple reason that they are not the other races' ships.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • penguinmoocow#8838 penguinmoocow Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Batarang is best arang
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Foxtrot
    Voting for F to deny E here.

Also... Deathglider and Son'a-warships shouldn't have babies at all.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Definitely Foxtrot. Echo is too Sona for my tastes. Save that design aside for a Sona lockbox ship. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    I pretty much don't even CARE what Echo is supposed to be ... because it is clearly NOT meant to be a starship in the tradition of Star Trek.
    You're exactly right.

It's a starship built by the new kids on the block. The Lukari are not part of Star Trek tradition, they are something new. Their ships do not look like the other races' ships for the simple reason that they are not the other races' ships.

You're not thinking this through are you? That's like saying that for their first effort at making drinking straws, the Lukari don't start with this ...

red-blue-stripes-white-straight-drinking-straw.jpg

... and instead skip straight to this ...

B1083497742.jpg

... because, and I quote for emphasis ...

Look, I can buy that Lukari design aesthetics will yield a ship shape that is relatively new compared to everything that has gone before (Starfleet, KDF, Empire, Republic, Dominion, etc. etc. etc.). What I'm NOT buying is that the Lukari aesthetic is going to be so radically far "off the beaten track" that it is completely without precedent or even have any correlation to "what has come before" in the entire Star Trek franchise. They aren't doing this "whole cloth new" after all, they're being given technical support by the major powers that already have working tech, meaning this isn't a "clean sheet of paper" exercise for the Lukari.

Yes, this is a "new race" building their first warp capable ship. But they should be building something BASIC as opposed to RADICAL so as to "learn the ropes" (so to speak) of ship building ... and operations and maintenance and all of the other various and sundry concerns that go into actually OWNING a starship. They need to be building something they can LEARN from, rather than skipping over all the steps of getting to the "Final Hawtness" on their first try.

Again, I don't have a problem with the Lukari eventually EVOLVING their ship design in a direction consistent with Echo over iterations of design and discovery. What I sincerely doubt is that they'd design something like that right out of the gate as their FIRST warp capable starship.

Or to put it another way ... they need to learn to walk before they try to run (with ship design). The Lukari need to build something they can SUPPORT and PRODUCE ... not merely something that "looks cool" on TV (or in a game like STO).
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Out of those two it would be Echo, but I still prefer #TeamAlpha​​
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • suki36suki36 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Foxtrot reminds me of Flight of the Navigator, while Echo looks Cylon to me themed to me.
    Compliance!!

Say, Trendy, can we get 'I voted' stickers in game to put on our uniforms?
    Team Echo
    suki36 wrote: »
    Compliance!!

Say, Trendy, can we get 'I voted' stickers in game to put on our uniforms?

we need it to say that every time you do something like hit full impulse :D that'd be amusing, get old damned fast but amusing
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    Grand piano in space
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    I actually thought echo was those fighter things from Stargate, all it needs is a hole for a seat for a pilot and two wing guns.

Plus echo is too close to the recent Romulan carrier for my liking.
    SulMatuul.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Team Echo
    The first one will win again. And I'm tired of losing in every voting there's been on the forums so I vote Echo.

(Quite honestly the only design I liked of the 6 was Bravo).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Foxtrot
    Echo looks too much like a Son'a ship to me so it'll have to be Foxtrot.

However, Foxtrot now looks a little like a Cisco conference station. But come on, who, when everyone was out of the room, picked that up and pretended it was a UFO?
    m12Pkoj.png
  • iradicus1iradicus1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Team Echo
    If it must be a space boomerang....its always better then an intercom thingy?
  • ryanjuly1974ryanjuly1974 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Team Echo
    they both look great but i have to coose 1 i will go with Echo.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I actually like both of these, but I prefer Echo greatly, it's sleeker.

szim wrote: »
    Echo is a Son'a vessel. It can't be Lukari! :p

Reverse but I see it. Still prefer it though. Since it's FSW it strikes me as more Romulan.

Are we ever gonna see the Sona in Star Trek Online?

Shouldn't they be either reintegrated into the Ba'ku or extinct?

What about their servant races, the Tarlac and the Ellora?
    ???

Conference-phone-2220-1024x637.jpg

???

If Foxtrot is really a Conference Phone IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEE!!!!!!! then ... someone needs to start explaining themselves in a hurry.

And THAT, is why I didn't vote for Foxtrot.
    toiva wrote: »
    The first one will win again. And I'm tired of losing in every voting there's been on the forums so I vote Echo.

(Quite honestly the only design I liked of the 6 was Bravo).

Bravo was my jam.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mrshadowphoenixmrshadowphoenix Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Foxtrot has my vote. Of the two, its the one that looks sufficiently alien.

Echo....well, as has been said, its Son'a meets Count Dooku's lightsabers, lol.

And, I agree, seeing how the Son'a fared reintegrating into the Ba'ku after Insurrection could be interesting. Maybe have to deal with a revolt from the 'slave' species they had previously conqured or something.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Team Foxtrot
    I also vote for Foxtrot. Echo is WAY TOO CLOSE to a Son'a design. If we want a Son'a ship... wait for a legit Son'a ship! Not a proxy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    btw since some people seem to have missed/forgotten it swalldev posted a pic reminding us how these things fly
    k3gdfyH.jpg

so... inb4 the 'my ship is bacwards!' posts
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Had to vote FoxTrot here. As others have already said, if we get Son'A ships, let them actually be Son'A. Also, I can't help seeing the Nandi in the lines of Echo. It shares too much inspiration with the that Ferengi ship's front end.
    It's fun to be voting in a ship design again, though. Thanks Trendy and Cryptic!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Went w/Foxtrot as well.

It just 'feels' better.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • mnpetersonmnpeterson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Out of those two, Echo
  • afaernafaern Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Foxtrot
    Why is it that all three of these votes seem to have gone to the ship on the left?