test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I GET SCREWED OVER YET AGAIN!!!

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Damn! I just missed out because some troll bought this Keldon before me. I get screwed over YET AGAIN!

9EFXwcI.jpg

Ouuuuch... Your timing is still amazing if you catch no-no's like this on screen.

No, once the screen is pulled up, the offer(s) stay on until refreshed. As he said in his OP, he called up screen, saw deal, tried to buy, got fly-in "this item is no longer available", and instead of rushing out to refresh and see if there was another, he took picture...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    Damn! I just missed out because some troll bought this Keldon before me. I get screwed over YET AGAIN!

9EFXwcI.jpg

Ouuuuch... Your timing is still amazing if you catch no-no's like this on screen.

No, once the screen is pulled up, the offer(s) stay on until refreshed. As he said in his OP, he called up screen, saw deal, tried to buy, got fly-in "this item is no longer available", and instead of rushing out to refresh and see if there was another, he took picture...

That sounds like a rigged system, and it totally screwed the poster over in a fashion similar to the OP. Except from the other side of the coin. I swear Cryptic needs to take like three full seasons off from new content and new ships and new lockboxes to FIX these bugs and errors that just take advantage of the players. Otherwise, thousands and thousands of credits are going to be lost per hour. That's right. Per. Hour.

:(

Damn you cryptic and your uncaring amoral development ethos! Fix the bugs! Fix em now!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User

9EFXwcI.jpg

That sounds like a rigged system, and it totally screwed the poster over in a fashion similar to the OP. Except from the other side of the coin. I swear Cryptic needs to take like three full seasons off from new content and new ships and new lockboxes to FIX these bugs and errors that just take advantage of the players. Otherwise, thousands and thousands of credits are going to be lost per hour. That's right. Per. Hour.

Damn you cryptic and your uncaring amoral development ethos! Fix the bugs! Fix em now!

;)

"Per. Hour."? Hyperbole much?

I've never lost credits on the Exchange. Been playing for years.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
    kjfett wrote: »

9EFXwcI.jpg

;)

What's hyperbole? I'm just putting out truth facts. This exchange system is rigged! The fix is in! It needs to change!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I don't believe that Screen Shot. The Ferengi would never let those other Keldon's go for under 400 Million EC. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

9EFXwcI.jpg

;)

What's hyperbole? I'm just putting out truth facts. This exchange system is rigged! The fix is in! It needs to change!

;)

It is indeed TOTALLY UNEXCEPTBAL​​

Yes! Yes it is! I can't believe that this game even exists for 6 years with such UNEXCEPTBAL devs. Such a blatant cash grab and nothing but a slap in the face to the community.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9EFXwcI.jpg

;)

;)

Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. Ex. @snoggymack22's statement that "thousands and thousands of credits are going to be lost per hour"

The fix is learning to read what you type before clicking on "OK" or "Submit" or "Yes Please!" It's an amazingly effective fix as well and you don't even have to wait for it to be applied in patches.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
    edited October 2016
    Wrong Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited October 2016

9EFXwcI.jpg

;)

;)

Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. Ex. @snoggymack22's statement that "thousands and thousands of credits are going to be lost per hour"

The fix is learning to read what you type before clicking on "OK" or "Submit" or "Yes Please!" It's an amazingly effective fix as well and you don't even have to wait for it to be applied in patches.

It's not hyperbill. But it's also not meant to be taken as literature either. It's just the straight up truth facks! Look at the OP and the rest of the posts in this thread. I've got even more stuffs proving the tru facts of how the game is rigged against the players. And I'll release that info when the time is right.

It's just a perfect world conspiracy to rig the system against the players. But if Cryptic really cared they could make this game great again!

;)

@timchauvin knows what I'm talking bout yo!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds like someone learned about conspiracies from Dr. Strangelove. :)

'Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?
    Mandrake: Uh? Yes, I-I have heard of that, Jack, yes. Yes.
    Ripper: Well, do you know what it is?
    Mandrake: No, no I don't know what it is, no.
    Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face.'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Of course Ripper left out the second worst one, the proliferation of DiHydrogen Monoxide. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

9EFXwcI.jpg

Did you really stop to take a picture of this before trying to buy it, or did you happen to have video recording going at the time and just took a selfie of the playback?
    Actually no to both. I tried to buy it but when I got the message that it was already gone, I had the perfect opportunity to take a picture.
    The game should have updated the list of items for sale after your buy order failed. For all you know, someone listed more of them that the game prevented you from seeing. You, sir, may have also have been screwed by the game.
    It is supposed to update the list but every once in a while, it does not. Whether it's a bug or lag or whatever, I don't know. But this was one of those occasions.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

9EFXwcI.jpg

;)

;)

Your attitude is TOTALLY UNEXCEPTBAL.​​

I believe it's spelled "UNEXEPTBRUHL" in this case...with a long "U".
    kjfett_14091.jpg
    edited October 2016
    coolbatman wrote: »
    so what do the dev environmental artists and others that don't directly work with the code,
    supposed to do while the coders and internal QA testers do theirs ?????

Take youtube and udemy tutorials and LEARN the code. Then pitch in and help! This isn't a democracy here, this is a job!

The current state of the game is Unexpectabrul yo! And no one can loaf around and be all "not my job" about it. They a team. And team's help each other. No code left behind! No rock unturned. All bugs fixed. All issues resolved. That should be season 12.25's goal.

Otherwise what are we the players paying their salary for with each new lockbox we buy a key for?

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    PDT, also written PST is the timezone for the US west coast. Cryptic is not responsible for your typos.

Not quite.
    PST is Pacific Standard Time or GMT-8
    PDT is Pacific Daylight Time or GMT-7

When in doubt, there's a handy website called timeanddate(dot)com
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Why is this thread still active?

The foolishness has been pointed to, the shaming has been done, no need to embarass him further.

Edit: This thread has even more views than the latest pathetic PvP whining thread, and those things go on forever. I mean come on...
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I think this thread needs something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXk0_4z5oTw
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Oh dear OP, like so many others I've made a similar mistake once.

Once I forgot a zero on the end when selling a single key on the Exchange. (Okay I was selling four at the time but I list them all seperately. Its common sense.) That key sold instantly at a fraction of the price I intended before I could remove the key from sale after I spotted my error.

My reaction was to curse under my breath 90% at myself for my carelessness, and 10% at the game. Still I owned my mistake, learned from it and moved on. But I learnt from it. Now I count the number of zeroes I need as I type them in. Then I count them again on the screen. Then I click elsewhere on the screen so the game puts in the commas which gives me a final opportunity to check the price is what I want it to be. Only then do I post the item for sale. Anything I sell that's over 100k EC goes through this triple-check process.

And it works, I've never undersold anything by mistake like that in the year or so since.

OP, its best if you own your mistake and learn from it as I did from mine. Man up and move on without the ranting that makes you seem so immature. The buyer is not a troll. He or she did exactly what most players would have done; see the deal when s/he clicked search and immediately bought the ten keys at a bargain price. Be honest OP, you'd have done the same. I know I would have done.

Learn, and move on. Ranting and whining about it won't change anything.
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Ranting and whining about it won't change anything.

I don't know, it may change the electoral process. So maybe it might work with Cryptic too. Change starts somewhere right?

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    And it obviously makes the whiners feel better to whine and rant and blame everyone but themselves when they forget a zero.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Naw, this thread needs to continue.

As said before, the OP has united the player base under the banner of his own stupidity. We might not all agree on much, but we can all agree that this thread is ridiculous. This thread brings us all together in harmony.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Ok, enough already with this. Let's save the condemnations and such for another few days and use them for the inevitable person who posts next week about spending oodles of money on Keys to open up dozens of the new [Fill in the Blank] Lockbox and did not get the [Fill in the Blank] Heavy Escort Command Battlecrusier Dreadnought Carrier.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns