test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voth Armor Costume Unlock Project?

maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Reputation System
Hello:

Before I go and report this as a bug, I must ask: didn't S9 make all costume unlock projects automatic upon acquiring a given set?

I got the Dyson ground set yesterday, and of course went straight to the tailor to get my costume, only to find no option available for Voth Armor. I went back to the rep menu and indeed there's the costume unlock project.

Also, isn't 150 marks and 3000 dil a little off? Granted, I haven't done a costume unlock in ages, but I seem to remember a lower mark/dil cost for them. IIRC, Omega costume unlocks used to cost 1500 dil, and though I can remember the marks cost I'm almost certain it wasn't 150.

So, is all this a bug or WAI?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks.
Post edited by maltinpolar on

Comments

• Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Anyone, please?

Turns out my Rom toon hasn't unlocked any Omega rep costumes, so I checked the projects costs and, what do you know: the cost for all those projects is only 5 Omega marks. No Dil or EC, just 5 Omega marks for all costume styles, 1 through 4.

So why the difference in cost on the Dyson rep costume unlock? Is that a bug or WAI? I'd like to know before spending 15K dil (3k/toon).

Thanks.
  • Options
    iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello:

Before I go and report this as a bug, I must ask: didn't S9 make all costume unlock projects automatic upon acquiring a given set?

I got the Dyson ground set yesterday, and of course went straight to the tailor to get my costume, only to find no option available for Voth Armor. I went back to the rep menu and indeed there's the costume unlock project.

Also, isn't 150 marks and 3000 dil a little off? Granted, I haven't done a costume unlock in ages, but I seem to remember a lower mark/dil cost for them. IIRC, Omega costume unlocks used to cost 1500 dil, and though I can remember the marks cost I'm almost certain it wasn't 150.

So, is all this a bug or WAI?

I just realized I have this same issue - my main picked up all pieces of the Dyson Joint Command ground set before season 9, but never ran the Costume Unlock project because you were able to just wear (unmodified) armor visuals whenever...are we now forced to run this project (and eat the mark/dilithium costs) post-season 9?
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, the Omega costumes and Undine costumes now apparently only cost a handful of marks, but the Voth Rep project remains priced at an arm and a leg. Either there has been an error, or there's some peculiar reason they believe the Voth Armor costume is somehow worth infinity times more than every other one is now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is still an issue - I've just encountered it myself. I've filed a bug report and am holding off on unlocking it until a) it's fixed or b) they say it's never going to be fixed.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Well I just got it and I cant unlock it at all
  • Options
    iscalpu4fun321iscalpu4fun321 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    same here, i got all ground parts for dyson ground set but no unlock costume project, it just does not exists at all in rep section. it just lists projects for me to re purchase the parts i already have (armor/wep/shields).