test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox 1 Fleet Scams fire all weapons Nar!

So after bouncing around a few fleets on the Klingon and Fed side looking for a good fleet to join. I made my own on Fed side Crimson Elite. Fleets should not be charging their members 8% daily tax or 50% tax on Tour Galaxy so fleet leaders can buy master keys for themselves.

In my Fleet Crimson Elite we have Fleet events where we have handed out 25 master keys, 4 T5 ships and on Monday over 5 million in game credits. We have no Fleet tax. So if you are looking for a Fleet the does not scam it's members Crimson Elite is Recruiting on Fed side.

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    LOL, and people accept that? I mean, really? How pathetic are people who charge others to join, and even how more pathetic are people who actually agree to that?
    Go pro or go home
  • warlordfennellwarlordfennell Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Like I said Fleets scamming members into paying taxes so the leader can buy master keys is wrong. Sorry you on the wrong forum this is for Xbox not PC.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    As long as there are people who play games, there will be people who attempt to scam others. As long as there are people who play games there will be people dumb enough to fall for these scams.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    baudl wrote: »
    LOL, and people accept that? I mean, really? How pathetic are people who charge others to join, and even how more pathetic are people who actually agree to that?

Total agree that why I made this post to let people know on Xbox that most Fleets asking for these crazy taxes are only doing so to buy keys. The First fleet I was in the Leader took out 16 million in 6 days back when Keys where 300k to 400k saying the money had been stolen by the ex VP.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't really think that charging a tax for fleet membership violates any rules... if people want to do that, then I guess it's on them.

I think anyone that actually pays it however, needs to have their head examined. As said above, on the PC version fleets often pay people just to join, not the other way around.

People can charge if they wish, and I hope they enjoy their empty fleets because no one with half a brain would pay to be in a fleet.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Clever TRIBBLE, these fleet leaders. Using your fleet members to get space rich. I wonder if these are future gold sellers, PC veterans that want to be space-rich on a different game, or new players that already grasp how the game's economy will work.

Certainly beware them and never pay any "taxes" to your fleet.

Later once, fleet holdings become available, fleets will cost you a lot. But everyone will get something out of that. (and the EC, Dilithium and all the other other resources spend on the holdings doesn't go to anyone.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • stickystickstickystick Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I don't really think that charging a tax for fleet membership violates any rules... if people want to do that, then I guess it's on them.

I think anyone that actually pays it however, needs to have their head examined. As said above, on the PC version fleets often pay people just to join, not the other way around.

People can charge if they wish, and I hope they enjoy their empty fleets because no one with half a brain would pay to be in a fleet.

There is no rule sadly. Of course, taxing your members isn't the problem here. It's the fact that these guys tax their members so that they, themselves, can afford to buy lockbox keys off the exchange.

The game is too old for them, though, sadly, to bother changing some aspects such as making keys character/account bound to prevent such scams.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Sounds like a scam to me.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    I wonder why any people fall for it right now -- is there any benefit to being in a console fleet before holdings are added and there are ships, gear, fleet credits?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Clever ****, these fleet leaders. Using your fleet members to get space rich. I wonder if these are future gold sellers, PC veterans that want to be space-rich on a different game, or new players that already grasp how the game's economy will work.

Later once, fleet holdings become available, fleets will cost you a lot. But everyone will get something out of that. (and the EC, Dilithium and all the other other resources spend on the holdings doesn't go to anyone.)

There have been quite a few Fleets that heavily restricted which Fleet Members could get access to the Fleet Stores. Other Fleets have requirements for the Fleet Store like contribution X amount of Fleet Credits or participating in certain Fleet activities before granting access.
    Here is a example video of how I reward my active Fleet members.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ergojsn9JJ4
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Clever ****, these fleet leaders. Using your fleet members to get space rich. I wonder if these are future gold sellers, PC veterans that want to be space-rich on a different game, or new players that already grasp how the game's economy will work.

There have been quite a few Fleets that heavily restricted which Fleet Members could get access to the Fleet Stores. Other Fleets have requirements for the Fleet Store like contribution X amount of Fleet Credits or participating in certain Fleet activities before granting access.
    They're often called "bad fleets". :p Good fleets exist for the mutual benefit of the fleet members.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Here is a example video of how I reward my active Fleet members.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ergojsn9JJ4

Well...keep it up, keep advertising in game, and you should have one of the healthier fleets on console.

Our last fleet Giveaway for the Risa Summer Event gave out near 1 billion EC in in game items.
    Leechs, Experimental Upgrade Tech, Gambling Devices, Uniforms, weapons with favorable mods etc.

I organized the giveaway, and everything that was gifted came from my own personal stash.
    Everyone who took the time to email me in game to enter said contest got at least 20 Experimental Upgrade Techs for their efforts.

It's not much compared to other fleets in the game, But I find even a small giveaway, gives the members something to look forward to twice a year (Summer and Winter Events).

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do for the Winter Event.
    I'm thinking I'll up the ante, and pickup 5-10 Lobi/lockbox ships to give away.

It's not much of a sacrifice, when you have good fleet members that fill projects ASAP.
    Our research lab was ready about a week or 2 behind some of the biggest spending fleets in the game. The leadership was very pleased with our members efforts.

And you're doing good OP...Keep it up, once people hear about how your Fleet operates, you should be able to recruit quite easily, and hey, maybe you'll even change the tide... and force those other "Tax" fleets to change their ways, or they may end up withering and dead before they know it.
    Good luck, keep fighting the good fight.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    That is rediculous for sure. The fact that people actually buy into it is another story. Especially considering that fleets on console right now mean actually nothing. There isnt any fleet content out yet for them (sb, holdings..)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,804 Community Moderator
    Like I said Fleets scamming members into paying taxes so the leader can buy master keys is wrong. Sorry you on the wrong forum this is for Xbox not PC.
    PC and consoles currently share a forum until the consoles get their own separate forums. until then it's all one giant forum.

So after bouncing around a few fleets on the Klingon and Fed side looking for a good fleet to join. I made my own on Fed side Crimson Elite. Fleets should not be charging their members 8% daily tax or 50% tax on Tour Galaxy so fleet leaders can buy master keys for themselves.

In my Fleet Crimson Elite we have Fleet events where we have handed out 25 master keys, 4 T5 ships and on Monday over 5 million in game credits. We have no Fleet tax. So if you are looking for a Fleet the does not scam it's members Crimson Elite is Recruiting on Fed side.

I'm not sure what's worst honestly, the fact that people actually try to charge for membership and then "taxes" once people actually get in, or the fact that people actually pay it. honestly if a fleet needs "taxes" to survive then they deserve to fail. I'm all for helping fleet members and so on, but that's just ridiculous.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • catch21catch21 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    We just had an officer take everything of worth and all of the EC in the fleet bank and leave......But yea I see people trying to pull that charge to join and play TRIBBLE, pisses me off. I can't believe people fall for it. You aren't paying dues, thats a dicatatorship
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Sadly there's gonna be a lot of newbies who have no idea how things work and easily fall for it. The ones at fault are the scammers though as they are taking advantage of player ignorance for their little scam.

Best thing to do is encourage fair play with fleets by getting word out there how it should be done. NOP have helped thousands of players with their channel, giveaways and general helpful attitude, the console version clearly needs something like that.
    You players need to drive those leeches out.
    SulMatuul.png
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    These scamming fleets are annoying. Taxes? In an MMO, this isn't a Fantasy MMO.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Honestly public talks about it as part of fleet recruiting seem like the best way to fight it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Ohhh, so this forum we PC players have been using for years is actually for XBox. Thank you so very much for informing us :)
    The new scam they are running is 10 million just to join the empty fleet of nothing.
  • d0nomegad0nomega Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Really...are you console players THAT stupid?!? OMG. At this point, if you fall for something that obviously stupid, it's your own damn fault.

Not all of us :tongue: No one has asked for me to return my College degree's yet.
    The new scam they are running is 10 million just to join the empty fleet of nothing.

Ah, I've heard people talking about a certain Fleet in general chat :wink:

Anyway, I'm interested in joining your Fleet. If you're still looking for member just shoot @RobDaCool an invite in-game.
  • crashdownbsg#7928 crashdownbsg Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I was in a fleet on PC where the "leaders" took millions of EC to buy ships!
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    This is where you scam them back. They have no idea how much EC you've made while playing. "You need to pay 8% of this and 50% of that." "Ok, but 8% and 50% of nothing, is still nothing."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    We are having a Fleet event tomorrow for a Kelvin Time Intel Dreadnought Cruiser T6. Will record and post the lucky winner.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    You can easily scam people on the consoles?

"Runs out and buys an xbox"
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Sounds like a tithe. Fleets run by religious cults in STO?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns