test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New T6 ship incoming....

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You over payed jaturnley.

I contacted by phone another retailer and they also could not offer any definite answer as they have limted info from their supplier, since its not released yet. No one will provide a solid yes or no to this. For those who are skeptical or on the fence because they are using an old stock photo and dont specify a code in their description and need a definite answer about the code you will have to wait until release.
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I honestly doubt any company that stocks attack wing minis is gonna know if the ones they receive will have the code or not.

As of right now, I would try to go to a game store that stocks them in order to pre-order one. Per logic, you should recieve a code if you ordered through a store, but I wouldn't order online just yet, because I may or may not recieve a code, because per the article only those purchased physically in stores will have the code.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I went and ordered two from my favorite local gaming store this morning.
    (cause they like me and gave me a 25% off deal)

They charge me $13.99 each for the ships, so I'll get two ships plus the STO codes for about $22 with tax.
    That's still a $8 dollar savings if I had to buy the ship from the C-Store.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You over payed jaturnley.

I contacted by phone another retailer and they also could not offer any definite answer as they have limted info from their supplier, since its not released yet. No one will provide a solid yes or no to this. For those who are skeptical or on the fence because they are using an old stock photo and dont specify a code in their description and need a definite answer about the code you will have to wait until release.

I'm curious, which retailer did you contact? MM has sold tons of promo items over the years, they even have a section where you can buy them separately; they know this part of the business. I used to work in a similar shop back in the day, and we could always ask about the promo stuff from our vendor before we ordered. Perhaps the person you talked to was just blowing you off?

Yeah, I honestly doubt any company that stocks attack wing minis is gonna know if the ones they receive will have the code or not.

As of right now, I would try to go to a game store that stocks them in order to pre-order one. Per logic, you should recieve a code if you ordered through a store, but I wouldn't order online just yet, because I may or may not recieve a code, because per the article only those purchased physically in stores will have the code.

That's even worse than ordering online. If they don't get the code and you don't buy the item, you have now screwed over a small business on a very low markup item that they will likely never sell and likely can't return to the distributor. This is why there aren't many small local game shops, and all of them subsist day-to-day on magic card sales. I don't feel bad about returning an item to MM or CSI, they order dozens of copies of everything and if they get returns they will almost certainly move them.
    edited October 2016
    True, but the promo specifically states: "Use the code included in your pack to claim the WizKids EXCLUSIVE Command Assault Cruiser, a $30 value, in Star Trek Online for FREE. Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores."

Now, I'd imagine that Wizkids could care less about differentiating between a game store with a website and just a normal game store, but from the lingo it does seem that they might be doing it as a physical-location-only type deal, meaning sites like miniaturemarket wouldn't have codes.
    edited October 2016
    True, but the promo specifically states: "Use the code included in your pack to claim the WizKids EXCLUSIVE Command Assault Cruiser, a $30 value, in Star Trek Online for FREE. Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores."

Now, I'd imagine that Wizkids could care less about differentiating between a game store with a website and just a normal game store, but from the lingo it does seem that they might be doing it as a physical-location-only type deal, meaning sites like miniaturemarket wouldn't have codes.

Miniature Market IS a physical game store, in St. Louis MO. They just ALSO sell online. Same with CoolStuffInc, as well as many of the other big online retailers, even most of the ones that do the "Fulfilled by Amazon" route. If you are local, you can walk in and buy things off the shelves just like your local shop then sit down at a table and play them. The board game market isn't really big enough to have distributors and wholesalers selling directly to customers like other products do.
    edited October 2016
    When we looked up the ship to order it this morning at the game store I go to, it said it was part of WAVE-27 that has a Ferengi title that escapes me at the moment.
    So if anybody has their doubts, ask specifically for those two prerequisites.
    B)
    Post edited by daveyny on
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Found a site selling the Ent-E 2016 version (preorders) for $5 off retail... $9.99 each. Free ship with orders over $100. So if you want you can order 11 of em for $109.89 with no shipping costs... course no guarantee of code since the wizkids blurb says "physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores".

Thou I seriously doubt they would make 2 SKUs of this... since this isnt for a specific major retailer like Walmart or Amazon.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Found a site selling the Ent-E 2016 version (preorders) for $5 off retail... $9.99 each. Free ship with orders over $100. So if you want you can order 11 of em for $109.89 with no shipping costs... course no guarantee of code since the wizkids blurb says "physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores".

Thou I seriously doubt they would make 2 SKUs of this... since this isnt for a specific major retailer like Walmart or Amazon.

Yeah, I think people are reading way too much into that line as well. STAW is not a super hot selling game to begin with, splitting production would be just plain weird. Even when they sold X-Wing at Target for the short time they did, they didn't have new SKUs for them. There's just not enough sales volume in the tabletop industry to justify it.
    Yeah, I honestly doubt they'd make two different versions of the product.

But, they could have, with instructions for companies to only sell versions with codes to those who walk into the store and buy the thing.

All I'm trying to really say is that if one were to actually go to the store and buy a pack, then one would probably be guaranteed a code. However, if one were to just order a pack online, despite what the store says, they might not get a code.

But, they could have, with instructions for companies to only sell versions with codes to those who walk into the store and buy the thing.

All I'm trying to really say is that if one were to actually go to the store and buy a pack, then one would probably be guaranteed a code. However, if one were to just order a pack online, despite what the store says, they might not get a code.

I only have one thing to say about that: if your local game store has more than one of each Wave 27 mini on order, you're in a major minority. We have 4 game stores in town, only one has any STAW minis on the shelves, and it's from wave 15, probably something that was special ordered and never picked up. I'm not exaggerating when I say this game is not very popular with players; the vast majority of people buying them are only doing so to collect the minis. D&DAW is even worse - I know literally nobody who has ever bought a mini and played the game with it, they get them as minis for the RPG.
    edited October 2016
    Either way, I'm just trying to state that if you go to a physical game store (or have a physical game store orde one for you), you probably have a 99% chance to get a code (barring a mixup). If you order online, then you might not get a code, despite what the actual store says.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Interesting.

I'm wondering if this 'exclusive' promotion will be the only way to aquire a T6 Sovereign...

Or perhaps this one has an exclusive material option (With a non-exclusive variant available via C-Store)?

Time will tell.

I would say yes, it will be the only way to acquire the T6 Sovereign.

Last year the only way to get the Mirror Universe T6 Guardian Cruiser was to make a donation to Chase Masterson's charity drive event. Unfortunately, that occurred during my 5 month break from STO where I was not even reading STO news about upcoming events.

I didn't find out about that promotion until January 2016, long after the event was over.

I'm totally with yon on the missing out on the Masterson promo items, my break was just about 8 months.

I don't plan on mission out on this T6 Enterprise E!

I don't play Star Trek Attack Wing, where do I need to go to get ahold of the Series 27 Enterprise E rerelease when it comes out in November?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @errab A physical game store that sells the minis. As it is there will probably be a different version of the Sovereign available in the C-Store eventually, because I don't see Cryptic making the Sovereign a promo-only ship, but you never know.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The word EXCLUSIVE!! in the ad-copy is a pretty strong sign that while there may be other T6 sovereign's at some point, the exact version/stats of one you get from putting in the code included in the physical miniature is NOT going to be sold separately in the zeni store. Ever.
    Either way, I'm just trying to state that if you go to a physical game store (or have a physical game store orde one for you), you probably have a 99% chance to get a code (barring a mixup). If you order online, then you might not get a code, despite what the actual store says.

Where does this fear-mongering come from? If there re-release it 2 years from now it might not have a code, but there is ZERO reason to think that any of the packages being printed as part of this run will for some reason magically -not- have the slip of paper with the code and the big sticker on the front announcing "hey you, yeah, you. BUY THIS, cuz its got an exclusive STO game code inside!"

People are trying to ****ing FANTASIZE a problem into existence.

edited October 2016
    Yeah, but since it's a Command ship, pretty much any other variant of the ship will be better.
    The lack of appeal in Command abilities is a whole separate problem - one where if you fix the problem (the abilities) all the symptoms (a bucket full of unloved command ships) goes away.
    @nikex this bit: "Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores."
    Even if you buy online you WILL have a physical ship in your hands at the end of the transaction.

And people are missing the REAL opportunity here: There are TONS of Attack Wing players who know nothing about STO. While the point of the promotion is to make those people more aware of the game's existence, there will be swarms of them who aren't interested and will have this neat little slip of paper left over from opening their game piece... that should sell on e-bay for as much or more as the whole pack cost them in the first place... Because believe it or not Cryptic DOESN'T know whether or not you walked into a game store vs. bought through an online retail page or whether you were the primary purchaser. All they will EVER see is the code being input into your account page...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    The word EXCLUSIVE!! in the ad-copy is a pretty strong sign that while there may be other T6 sovereign's at some point, the exact version/stats of one you get from putting in the code included in the physical miniature is NOT going to be sold separately in the zeni store. Ever.
    The only precedent is the Mirror Guardian, and yeah... that one was VERY similar. Except for a different spec. main was intel, Mirror Command.

IF we get a different one, I'm guessing temporal.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2016
    jaturnley wrote: »

I only have one thing to say about that: if your local game store has more than one of each Wave 27 mini on order, you're in a major minority. We have 4 game stores in town, only one has any STAW minis on the shelves, and it's from wave 15, probably something that was special ordered and never picked up. I'm not exaggerating when I say this game is not very popular with players; the vast majority of people buying them are only doing so to collect the minis. D&DAW is even worse - I know literally nobody who has ever bought a mini and played the game with it, they get them as minis for the RPG.

Wow, the two main gaming stores I go to have multiples of Wave 25 & 26 on their shelves, having pretty much sold out on the first 24.
    The one I went to this morning, actually ended up preordering 3 sets of Wave 27 because the game sells quite well around here.
    (Capital District of NY)

They also sell a lot of the Star Wars Attack Wing miniatures and have a whole section devoted to all the Attack Wing games.
    (probably way more Wars than the Trek ones though)

B)
    I have an idea....
    People are saying there is a new skin/material option for the sovereign on tribble.

Can someone who owns the Assault Cruiser Refit go onto tribble and look at the console and see if the tooltip/description is different, if it includes a 2pc set info and mentions another console?

Just a shot in the dark.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Uhm you're kidding right?

Who thinks these things up? Seriously I have lists upon lists of starships that could be added to the game and this is the best they can do?

Not to mention that there's almost 1/8th the number of ships for Romulans as the other two larger factions smh

The people who think these things up are the ones that have to deal with financial reality and not players' BS whimsy. They have an opportunity to cross promote with Attack Wing, and the big thing going on over there is a new Sovereign release with some paint/translucent segments. They aren't dictating terms, they're taking the shots given to them.
    I looked on tribble and there's material options types 1-5. No new material I could see (probably got removed).
    @imperatorpaveli
    Did you look at the console and see any changes denoting a set?
    I don't own the refit; thought any new materials would also be available on the stock T5 version of the Sovereign as well.
    Okie dokie, thank you anyway @imperatorpaveli

If anyone else can weigh in on this that would be great.
This discussion has been closed.