New T6 ship incoming....

1234579

Comments

  • daveyny
    daveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm not finding any online pre-order stores can somebody post at least one link to one?

    I checked Electronics Boutique and Amazon.

    It's only Pre-Order through physical game stores at this time, but I have no doubt that by early to mid-November it will be available online.
    The front of the package has the STO Exclusive moniker on it so it won't be hard to miss.
    I am actually going to one of my local gaming stores tomorrow to see if they can pre-order it for me.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cuchulainn74
    cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    I've got two places to check near my house, and two more near my office in San Francisco. I found them by clicking "Find a store" on the Attack Wing website.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg


  • daveyny
    daveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I've got two places to check near my house, and two more near my office in San Francisco. I found them by clicking "Find a store" on the Attack Wing website.

    I checked that link on their site also.
    But already knew about all the existing stores in my area having been to all of them several times in the last year or so.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • imperatorpaveli
    imperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I just went to my local game store and pre-ordered one. They'll probably be available through Amazon and stuff after the actual pack comes out, and various sites will probably be selling them.

    By then people will have the stats and we'll probably know if it's worth getting or not.
  • pwemademedothis
    pwemademedothis Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    then I guess the rage subsides a bit.

    Bad move Dr. Banner. If you let the rage subside, Ross and Talbot win. ;)

    :D
  • tobiashirt
    tobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    So, wait. I have to buy some piece of a crappy table top game I'll never play, in order to obtain a T6 Sovereign? And it will never be available any other way? Ridiculous.

    Isn't this cheaper than the zen store price tag of T6 ships though? So spend less, get more?

    but some people like to complain just because they can......you can buy this for $15, and get some junk with it that you throw away........or you can complain because you can't buy it in game for $30..............hmmmmmmmmm.......

    I'd bet you can recognize the difference between $15 that has no alternative except out-of-pocket, and $30 worth of zen that can (eventually) be transmuted from dil you amass in game. Case in point, my main character who flew one or another sovereign variation for most of his first 2 years, who'd like to have this ship, and who will probably not end up with it unless it's done the same way as the Guardian, i.e. a 'standard' c-store version of some sort. I have no money to spare right now, hence the playing a f2p game...it's got nothing to do with not wanting the other stuff that comes with the code...$15<$30 and I'd be all over it if I could spare that much rather than trying to get a month or 2's worth of rent to job hunt in a bigger city.
  • tobiashirt
    tobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Amending the above, I'd also give it a go if I had a brick-and-mortar location closer than 1.5 hrs. So many things one misses out on in a 3000-person town out in the sticks of CA.
  • nikeix
    nikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Honestly, I'm betting on 100$ or less. maybe around 50.

    You're going to lose that bet.

  • markhawkman
    markhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm betting on 100$ or less. maybe around 50.
    You're going to lose that bet.
    Oh? what makes you say that?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nikeix
    nikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Because they charge more than that for MUCH smaller figures. Plus CBS is not exactly subtle about taking their cut.
  • dmb311
    dmb311 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Threw down a pre-order at the local game shop.

    They immediately invited me to their 8 person group to join and play on their regular nights. I said "I'm just getting it for the STO code" and walked out. I got dil to grind.
  • kjfett
    kjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    dmb311 wrote: »
    Threw down a pre-order at the local game shop.

    They immediately invited me to their 8 person group to join and play on their regular nights. I said "I'm just getting it for the STO code" and walked out. I got dil to grind.

    Good for you! Don't give in to this blatant attempt by Cryptic to both control the Dil market and our social life. B)
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • rangerryu
    rangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Hmmm I didn't think I would be able to take advantage of this but appartenly there's a gamer café in Liverpool that stocks them so will have to have a look!
  • markhawkman
    markhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Because they charge more than that for MUCH smaller figures. Plus CBS is not exactly subtle about taking their cut.
    lets, see...
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142383-new-shipyards-are-coming-online

    The announcement says "Eucl3D"...
    http://eucl3d.com/pages/startrek

    Their 8" Kerbal ships are 99$. 4", 29$: http://eucl3d.com/collections/kerbal-space-program

    The only thing I could find that has 12" models also has them for 99$:
    http://eucl3d.com/collections/simple-planes/products/uss-atlanta?variant=23794743303

    Actually, I don't see anything they charge more than 99$ for....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jaturnley
    jaturnley Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    Back on topic, I contacted MiniatureMarket about the codes, and they replied:
    The code should be included inside the packaging of the mini. Feel free to reach out should you need additional assistance, and thank you for choosing Miniature Market!

    I pre-ordered two of them (one for me, one for my son). They are $11.29 each, plus $6 S&H for basic shipping for as many as you want to order.

    http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wzk71531-new.html
  • officerbatman81
    officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You over payed jaturnley.

    I contacted by phone another retailer and they also could not offer any definite answer as they have limted info from their supplier, since its not released yet. No one will provide a solid yes or no to this. For those who are skeptical or on the fence because they are using an old stock photo and dont specify a code in their description and need a definite answer about the code you will have to wait until release.
  • imperatorpaveli
    imperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I honestly doubt any company that stocks attack wing minis is gonna know if the ones they receive will have the code or not.

    As of right now, I would try to go to a game store that stocks them in order to pre-order one. Per logic, you should recieve a code if you ordered through a store, but I wouldn't order online just yet, because I may or may not recieve a code, because per the article only those purchased physically in stores will have the code.
  • daveyny
    daveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I went and ordered two from my favorite local gaming store this morning.
    (cause they like me and gave me a 25% off deal)

    They charge me $13.99 each for the ships, so I'll get two ships plus the STO codes for about $22 with tax.
    That's still a $8 dollar savings if I had to buy the ship from the C-Store.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jaturnley
    jaturnley Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You over payed jaturnley.

    I contacted by phone another retailer and they also could not offer any definite answer as they have limted info from their supplier, since its not released yet. No one will provide a solid yes or no to this. For those who are skeptical or on the fence because they are using an old stock photo and dont specify a code in their description and need a definite answer about the code you will have to wait until release.

    I'm curious, which retailer did you contact? MM has sold tons of promo items over the years, they even have a section where you can buy them separately; they know this part of the business. I used to work in a similar shop back in the day, and we could always ask about the promo stuff from our vendor before we ordered. Perhaps the person you talked to was just blowing you off?

    Yeah, I honestly doubt any company that stocks attack wing minis is gonna know if the ones they receive will have the code or not.

    As of right now, I would try to go to a game store that stocks them in order to pre-order one. Per logic, you should recieve a code if you ordered through a store, but I wouldn't order online just yet, because I may or may not recieve a code, because per the article only those purchased physically in stores will have the code.

    That's even worse than ordering online. If they don't get the code and you don't buy the item, you have now screwed over a small business on a very low markup item that they will likely never sell and likely can't return to the distributor. This is why there aren't many small local game shops, and all of them subsist day-to-day on magic card sales. I don't feel bad about returning an item to MM or CSI, they order dozens of copies of everything and if they get returns they will almost certainly move them.
  • imperatorpaveli
    imperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    True, but the promo specifically states: "Use the code included in your pack to claim the WizKids EXCLUSIVE Command Assault Cruiser, a $30 value, in Star Trek Online for FREE. Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores."

    Now, I'd imagine that Wizkids could care less about differentiating between a game store with a website and just a normal game store, but from the lingo it does seem that they might be doing it as a physical-location-only type deal, meaning sites like miniaturemarket wouldn't have codes.
  • jaturnley
    jaturnley Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    True, but the promo specifically states: "Use the code included in your pack to claim the WizKids EXCLUSIVE Command Assault Cruiser, a $30 value, in Star Trek Online for FREE. Players will only be able to claim the digital version of the ship for the Star Trek Online game by physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores."

    Now, I'd imagine that Wizkids could care less about differentiating between a game store with a website and just a normal game store, but from the lingo it does seem that they might be doing it as a physical-location-only type deal, meaning sites like miniaturemarket wouldn't have codes.

    Miniature Market IS a physical game store, in St. Louis MO. They just ALSO sell online. Same with CoolStuffInc, as well as many of the other big online retailers, even most of the ones that do the "Fulfilled by Amazon" route. If you are local, you can walk in and buy things off the shelves just like your local shop then sit down at a table and play them. The board game market isn't really big enough to have distributors and wholesalers selling directly to customers like other products do.
  • daveyny
    daveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    When we looked up the ship to order it this morning at the game store I go to, it said it was part of WAVE-27 that has a Ferengi title that escapes me at the moment.
    So if anybody has their doubts, ask specifically for those two prerequisites.
    B)
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tigeraries
    tigeraries Member Posts: 3,481 Arc User
    Found a site selling the Ent-E 2016 version (preorders) for $5 off retail... $9.99 each. Free ship with orders over $100. So if you want you can order 11 of em for $109.89 with no shipping costs... course no guarantee of code since the wizkids blurb says "physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores".

    Thou I seriously doubt they would make 2 SKUs of this... since this isnt for a specific major retailer like Walmart or Amazon.
  • jaturnley
    jaturnley Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Found a site selling the Ent-E 2016 version (preorders) for $5 off retail... $9.99 each. Free ship with orders over $100. So if you want you can order 11 of em for $109.89 with no shipping costs... course no guarantee of code since the wizkids blurb says "physically purchasing the expansion at their local game stores".

    Thou I seriously doubt they would make 2 SKUs of this... since this isnt for a specific major retailer like Walmart or Amazon.

    Yeah, I think people are reading way too much into that line as well. STAW is not a super hot selling game to begin with, splitting production would be just plain weird. Even when they sold X-Wing at Target for the short time they did, they didn't have new SKUs for them. There's just not enough sales volume in the tabletop industry to justify it.
  • imperatorpaveli
    imperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Yeah, I honestly doubt they'd make two different versions of the product.

    But, they could have, with instructions for companies to only sell versions with codes to those who walk into the store and buy the thing.

    All I'm trying to really say is that if one were to actually go to the store and buy a pack, then one would probably be guaranteed a code. However, if one were to just order a pack online, despite what the store says, they might not get a code.
  • jaturnley
    jaturnley Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    Yeah, I honestly doubt they'd make two different versions of the product.

    But, they could have, with instructions for companies to only sell versions with codes to those who walk into the store and buy the thing.

    All I'm trying to really say is that if one were to actually go to the store and buy a pack, then one would probably be guaranteed a code. However, if one were to just order a pack online, despite what the store says, they might not get a code.

    I only have one thing to say about that: if your local game store has more than one of each Wave 27 mini on order, you're in a major minority. We have 4 game stores in town, only one has any STAW minis on the shelves, and it's from wave 15, probably something that was special ordered and never picked up. I'm not exaggerating when I say this game is not very popular with players; the vast majority of people buying them are only doing so to collect the minis. D&DAW is even worse - I know literally nobody who has ever bought a mini and played the game with it, they get them as minis for the RPG.
  • imperatorpaveli
    imperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Either way, I'm just trying to state that if you go to a physical game store (or have a physical game store orde one for you), you probably have a 99% chance to get a code (barring a mixup). If you order online, then you might not get a code, despite what the actual store says.
  • errab
    errab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Interesting.

    I'm wondering if this 'exclusive' promotion will be the only way to aquire a T6 Sovereign...

    Or perhaps this one has an exclusive material option (With a non-exclusive variant available via C-Store)?

    Time will tell.

    I would say yes, it will be the only way to acquire the T6 Sovereign.

    Last year the only way to get the Mirror Universe T6 Guardian Cruiser was to make a donation to Chase Masterson's charity drive event. Unfortunately, that occurred during my 5 month break from STO where I was not even reading STO news about upcoming events.

    I didn't find out about that promotion until January 2016, long after the event was over.

    I'm totally with yon on the missing out on the Masterson promo items, my break was just about 8 months.

    I don't plan on mission out on this T6 Enterprise E!

    I don't play Star Trek Attack Wing, where do I need to go to get ahold of the Series 27 Enterprise E rerelease when it comes out in November?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imperatorpaveli
    imperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    @errab A physical game store that sells the minis. As it is there will probably be a different version of the Sovereign available in the C-Store eventually, because I don't see Cryptic making the Sovereign a promo-only ship, but you never know.
  • nikeix
    nikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The word EXCLUSIVE!! in the ad-copy is a pretty strong sign that while there may be other T6 sovereign's at some point, the exact version/stats of one you get from putting in the code included in the physical miniature is NOT going to be sold separately in the zeni store. Ever.
This discussion has been closed.