test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holy moly! New Romulus as a true hub for Republic characters?!?

2»

Comments

• goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    goodscotch wrote: »
    New Romulus just seems to be missing...well...indoor stuff. I feel like the Romulans have become the most technologically advanced people who like to be outdoors all the time.

Don't Romulans have a thing for gardens?

For their sake...I hope so.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    Once this is done, and every "necessary" amenity is cloned, the Roms can then have their "free passes" to allied HQ "revoked". Again, in the name of "factional flavor"... :wink:
    Not gonna happen. Way too many things this would break..... also I'm not sure the forum software could contain that level of rage.
    What would this "break", exactly? And where would the rage come from? I thought the general consensus, especially amongst "Romulan Mains", is that anything which can reinforce the concept that they are a "separate faction" from the existing Fed/KDF structures is a godsend to them - more likely the forum would break from "too much praise" than rage.

And for the record, I'm not advocating a "revamp in one pass" level of rebuild, I'm advocating a "clone a feature as schedule permits and slip the new feature in on patch day" schedule...
    Denying Romulans the ability to visit their allied Academy? Do you really need me to explain how much stuff that would break?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    From the patch notes:

•Added a security officer to New Romulus Command for Duty Officer Assignments.

Yay!!!

Now how about those Doff missions to recruit Romulan or Reman Boffs? The last time I came across those missions was either late 2014 or early 2015.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Both New Romulus and the flotilla should be fully equipped as player hubs.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Once this is done, and every "necessary" amenity is cloned, the Roms can then have their "free passes" to allied HQ "revoked". Again, in the name of "factional flavor"... :wink:
    Not gonna happen. Way too many things this would break..... also I'm not sure the forum software could contain that level of rage.
    What would this "break", exactly? And where would the rage come from? I thought the general consensus, especially amongst "Romulan Mains", is that anything which can reinforce the concept that they are a "separate faction" from the existing Fed/KDF structures is a godsend to them - more likely the forum would break from "too much praise" than rage.

And for the record, I'm not advocating a "revamp in one pass" level of rebuild, I'm advocating a "clone a feature as schedule permits and slip the new feature in on patch day" schedule...
    Denying Romulans the ability to visit their allied Academy? Do you really need me to explain how much stuff that would break?

As I reread my statement, I see that I failed to explain the logic. Was in "deleted" versions... ;) To expand:

The reason I even pointed out "Flotilla = Academy", "Command Center = Headquarters" is so that there would be a "map for map equivalency" baked into my idea.

Flotilla would have to be given a "Romulan Ferra", various points to draft the "faction specific racial DOff packs", a Path to 2409 area, and interacts for the Q and J.O. Anomaly events. The Temporal Agent could be "replaced" with the J.O. Exocomp dispenser, and the "disabled" dispenser person over at the Command Center would be reactivated as the Temporal Agent, along with assigning an Ambassador for the Diplo/Marauder BOff pickups.

At this point, give or take a feature I'm forgetting (like DOff mission dispensations), the Romulan "Headquarters Complex" would be a virtual clone of the KDF's complex (complete with detached shipyard). Once 100% cloned, that's when the access is revoked.

Depending on the Dev's workload, this could be subject to change. For example, once the transporter rooms are given the interacts to swap you between portions of the "Complex", is there any reason that the M'R shuttlebay needs to remain the primary shipyard? Especially in light of the Flotilla having a fully functional one? Shift the pointer, bingo. One large open area ready to have a bunch of Q/Anomaly interacts built. Computer Consoles primed to become the "DOff pack dispensers". Temporal Agent and Exocomp Dispenser could remain "map switched" as they are now.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Wow.. FINALLY!

Seriously.. glad to see them finally get this in.

Now.. about our Romulan Duty Officer Recruitment missions..

I am simply ASTOUNDED by how phucking long it took to put in this simple QoL feature. It should have been there from DAY ONE.
    burstorion wrote: »
    Question is... will roms be able to 'double dip' catfood?​​

A fair question, but I'm sure they figured that out. They should jsut put one of each faction next to each other like Ds9 and we're set.
    T93uSC8.jpg

As I reread my statement, I see that I failed to explain the logic. Was in "deleted" versions... ;) To expand:

The reason I even pointed out "Flotilla = Academy", "Command Center = Headquarters" is so that there would be a "map for map equivalency" baked into my idea.

Flotilla would have to be given a "Romulan Ferra", various points to draft the "faction specific racial DOff packs", a Path to 2409 area, and interacts for the Q and J.O. Anomaly events. The Temporal Agent could be "replaced" with the J.O. Exocomp dispenser, and the "disabled" dispenser person over at the Command Center would be reactivated as the Temporal Agent, along with assigning an Ambassador for the Diplo/Marauder BOff pickups.

At this point, give or take a feature I'm forgetting (like DOff mission dispensations), the Romulan "Headquarters Complex" would be a virtual clone of the KDF's complex (complete with detached shipyard). Once 100% cloned, that's when the access is revoked.

Depending on the Dev's workload, this could be subject to change. For example, once the transporter rooms are given the interacts to swap you between portions of the "Complex", is there any reason that the M'R shuttlebay needs to remain the primary shipyard? Especially in light of the Flotilla having a fully functional one? Shift the pointer, bingo. One large open area ready to have a bunch of Q/Anomaly interacts built. Computer Consoles primed to become the "DOff pack dispensers". Temporal Agent and Exocomp Dispenser could remain "map switched" as they are now.
    Ok.. but what happens to the allied doffs that various Romulan players already have, and what happens to the ability of new Romulan characters to get them?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Ok.. but what happens to the allied doffs that various Romulan players already have, and what happens to the ability of new Romulan characters to get them?

let em keep their allied boff already existing, loose the ability to get new ones.... honestly I don't know any Rom players that WANT the "double dip" abilities
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i don't even touch romulan recruitment missions because their doffs all have incredibly shi.tty mods across all professions, so i'm glad for the ability to recruit ally doffs​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

let em keep their allied boff already existing, loose the ability to get new ones.... honestly I don't know any Rom players that WANT the "double dip" abilities
    Uh, I'm going with.... most of them want it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    To quote a bigboned Romulan " Skrew you guys, I am going home! "
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

I thought that the DOff handouts from M'R Command were already the "Fed/KDF Factional DOff Minipacks", because they really didn't have the time nor ability to make a full slate of Romulan/Reman DOffs.

But if that's a "missing" feature, then it gets added to the checklist... I know I don't have every option listed because, honestly, I barely play my Roms...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Now if only prisoners were useful for Feds and Federation-aligned Romulans.

Dump them on your fleet projects for credits. Some actually can take prisoners.

I always dump prisoners and colonists thinking, "THEY'RE YOUR PROBLEM NOW!!!"
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    fluffymoof wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »
    Now if only prisoners were useful for Feds and Federation-aligned Romulans.

Dump them on your fleet projects for credits. Some actually can take prisoners.

I always dump prisoners and colonists thinking, "THEY'RE YOUR PROBLEM NOW!!!"

Yep there is that great project under starbase Window, Coordinate colonisation efforts, it can eat 64 prisoners and even more, as it dumps on lvl of fleet mine discount.

Also there is a mission in Alpha quadrant to assign aditonal labor force to Paradan/Kareman colonisation which gives nice recruitment CXP and eats 5 prisoners :) tho bad side is if you not watch you can assign usefull doffs like officers and civilian ones, instead prisoners.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

No, that's the Klingons who have the restriction fetish. Us Romulans much prefer our freedom and would like more of it, please. Not less.
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, that's the Klingons who have the restriction fetish. Us Romulans much prefer our freedom and would like more of it, please. Not less.
    Yes, I would happily be an ally of both. mmmm MOAR DOFFS!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing