test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holy moly! New Romulus as a true hub for Republic characters?!?

From the patch notes:

•Added a security officer to New Romulus Command for Duty Officer Assignments.

Now all we need is two consoles (one Klingon/one Fed) that give out the daily Academy trivia question (as an 'Academy Annex' inside the New Romulus Command). Then we really will have a HOME for Republic characters. :)

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    People have been asking for that for quite some time.

Now all we need is for Cryptic to put Sub-commander Rojal(?) back into Command to give out that Exocomp equivalent Maintenance Engineer during Junior Officers Weekend that they faultily implemented then removed. One of my Characters still has that Mission in the Mission Log. :)

And bring back those special Plasma Pistols and Rifles that they used to sell at the Dilithium Ground Weapons Vendor by putting the recipes into the Crafting System.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Now if only prisoners were useful for Feds and Federation-aligned Romulans.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It's the pale horse! RUN!

JK, I'm actually quite happy to hear they finally fixed it. Especially since the rumor has it that it's an actual Romulan NPC.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As usual you could have just said that '...these things in the quoted part are not needed...'. But you had to get that 'stupid' in there though, didn't you.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    A couple years late but it IS nice to finally get... And frankly I'd rather see the Romulus reasarch notes we pick up turned into a RR specific "Academy Trivia" set of questions.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Nice...I can send all my Romulans/Remans home.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Now all we need is for Cryptic to put Sub-commander Rojal(?) back into Command to give out that Exocomp equivalent Maintenance Engineer during Junior Officers Weekend that they faultily implemented then removed. One of my Characters still has that Mission in the Mission Log. :)

Mine, too. Rojal would be actually useful, but it's kinda late now since the event came and went (again).

Copypasting existing features from ESD/SFA I don't really care about, but I guess details like that are important for some people so...whatever floats their boats.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Anyone played through the Klingon story arc lately? Is Grethor now a frozen wasteland?

Now the Romulans are the only species that do not need to switch maps to access Duty Officer recruitment, Security officer and Bridge Officer Trainer.

At least they are still stuck with a turbolift to their ship requisition officers, similar to the Klingons (except they don't need to go through the beam animation).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Wow.. FINALLY!

Seriously.. glad to see them finally get this in.

Now.. about our Romulan Duty Officer Recruitment missions..
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Now the Romulans are the only species that do not need to switch maps to access Duty Officer recruitment, Security officer and Bridge Officer Trainer.

At least they are still stuck with a turbolift to their ship requisition officers, similar to the Klingons (except they don't need to go through the beam animation).

And stuck with having to fly through sector space to talk to the temporal agent in the flotilla...that is, if we didn't just use the one on ESD/Qo'nos instead. B)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Nice...I can send all my Romulans/Remans home.

Exactly my thought. All that contraband finally has a purpose outside my feds/kdf.

Hoping New Rom will be more populated with activity now.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    Wow.. FINALLY!

Seriously.. glad to see them finally get this in.

Now.. about our Romulan Duty Officer Recruitment missions..
    Spartan already said he was working on it....

say did that clap of thunder sound like it was saying something? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Mine, too. Rojal would be actually useful, but it's kinda late now since the event came and went (again).

Copypasting existing features from ESD/SFA I don't really care about, but I guess details like that are important for some people so...whatever floats their boats.

I'll "agree" that spending a few minutes copypastaing "pre-existing" HQ content, in an effort to make the Roms feel more like a "faction" instead of a "fraction" is a decent thing to slip into the schedule...

However, I still believe that it should be "Flotilla = Academy", "Mol'Rihan Command" = ESD/First City. And they could be nice enough to add a "transwarp to flotilla" option for Roms in/around Mol'Rihan (and the inverse) much as the Feddies and KDF can go straight between their academies and their HQs.

Once this is done, and every "necessary" amenity is cloned, the Roms can then have their "free passes" to allied HQ "revoked". Again, in the name of "factional flavor"... :wink:
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • necreliosis#4763 necreliosis Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Now if they could just get that other mailbox working to the far right. It servers no logical purpose.
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    i hope that Mol'Rihan will get space station at some point, as for now Earth has Spacedock, Qu'Nos has a Spacedock and new Romulus has a Hangar Bay.

Maybe one Vauthill like station in orbit, as it already has a transwarp gates, so maybe at some point to get Space Station.

Then i will consider New Romulus as real hub for Romulan Republic, as i have no idea how they build so large ships without shipyard in Orbit.
    edited October 2016
    Now if they could just get that other mailbox working to the far right. It servers no logical purpose.
    That's for the subscriber perks. :p
    dareau wrote: »
    Once this is done, and every "necessary" amenity is cloned, the Roms can then have their "free passes" to allied HQ "revoked". Again, in the name of "factional flavor"... :wink:
    Not gonna happen. Way too many things this would break..... also I'm not sure the forum software could contain that level of rage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    There's no Lore tho.

Actually there is a Lore for Romulans also, but its at staging Area and its part of doffing assignment to get a data chip.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    New Romulus just seems to be missing...well...indoor stuff. I feel like the Romulans have become the most technologically advanced people who like to be outdoors all the time.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

valoreah wrote: »
    Is there a temporal agent on New Romulus? I forget.

i think he is only on flotilla, tho not sure, never at Mol'Rihan :/ if he is, then he is at Balcony
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Question is... will roms be able to 'double dip' catfood?​​
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    New Romulus just seems to be missing...well...indoor stuff. I feel like the Romulans have become the most technologically advanced people who like to be outdoors all the time.

Don't Romulans have a thing for gardens?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Not gonna happen. Way too many things this would break..... also I'm not sure the forum software could contain that level of rage.

What would this "break", exactly? And where would the rage come from? I thought the general consensus, especially amongst "Romulan Mains", is that anything which can reinforce the concept that they are a "separate faction" from the existing Fed/KDF structures is a godsend to them - more likely the forum would break from "too much praise" than rage.

And for the record, I'm not advocating a "revamp in one pass" level of rebuild, I'm advocating a "clone a feature as schedule permits and slip the new feature in on patch day" schedule...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    warpangel wrote: »

I'll "agree" that spending a few minutes copypastaing "pre-existing" HQ content, in an effort to make the Roms feel more like a "faction" instead of a "fraction" is a decent thing to slip into the schedule...

However, I still believe that it should be "Flotilla = Academy", "Mol'Rihan Command" = ESD/First City. And they could be nice enough to add a "transwarp to flotilla" option for Roms in/around Mol'Rihan (and the inverse) much as the Feddies and KDF can go straight between their academies and their HQs.

In my opinion, the Flotilla should "go away" (or be parked in New Romulus orbit) after the Romulan story arc is complete. It serves no function once the Republic has a 'real' home on New Romulus.

That said, an easy fix (equal to what the Feds and Klingons have) would be the 'transwarp' suggestion you made. :) (the Flotilla is just too far out of the way otherwise).

I also agree that copy-pasting all pre-existing HQ stuff would go a LONG way to making the Roms feel like a real faction. B)
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The flotilla could be in new Romulus orbit and you could fly up to it and dock like with ESD

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @gradii that's actually a great idea.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    i hope that Mol'Rihan will get space station at some point, as for now Earth has Spacedock, Qu'Nos has a Spacedock and new Romulus has a Hangar Bay.

Maybe one Vauthill like station in orbit, as it already has a transwarp gates, so maybe at some point to get Space Station.

Then i will consider New Romulus as real hub for Romulan Republic, as i have no idea how they build so large ships without shipyard in Orbit.

/em cough

Solanae Sphere (has shipyard(s)!)

/em cough
    valoreah wrote: »
    Is there a temporal agent on New Romulus? I forget.

i think he is only on flotilla, tho not sure, never at Mol'Rihan :/ if he is, then he is at Balcony

/em cough

Solanae Sphere (has shipyard(s)!)

/em cough

how i know, Solanae Sphere is place of Joint Operations, i don't think its right to use alliance resources to build one-faction ships, as Solanae Sphere is actually in Federation Teritory, cause Jouret once been Fed colony site, before Borg wiped it out, so i have no idea how Republic put claim on that teritory and took sphere under their control.