test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Na'kuhl Red Alert!

2»

Comments

• zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I'd like to see it stay honestly, it's more interesting than the borg RA's but I do miss the tholian fleet. Did the nakul drive them off?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Gotta say, I don't mind the mission itself, but the way it's set up I think is all wrong. Make it a queue since we have to queue for it anyway.

Or take away the queue element and just let us go in and blow ships up solo if need be. The enemies should be able to scale to the number of player in the instance like the Deep Space Encounters.

It seems that a lot of folks hop to the RA then realize it's actually a queue and quit. I waited almost 10 minutes for one to pop yesterday before giving up myself. Frustrating to see 3 people queued, a fourth comes along and after waiting a minute for a 5th, someone bails out (or gets into another queue), which leads to others bailing.

Actually, that's how most of the queues are these days so I guess it's par for the course. :(
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Gotta say, I don't mind the mission itself, but the way it's set up I think is all wrong. Make it a queue since we have to queue for it anyway.

Or take away the queue element and just let us go in and blow ships up solo if need be. The enemies should be able to scale to the number of player in the instance like the Deep Space Encounters.

It seems that a lot of folks hop to the RA then realize it's actually a queue and quit. I waited almost 10 minutes for one to pop yesterday before giving up myself. Frustrating to see 3 people queued, a fourth comes along and after waiting a minute for a 5th, someone bails out (or gets into another queue), which leads to others bailing.

Actually, that's how most of the queues are these days so I guess it's par for the course. :(
    I just wanted to write the same. :)

Either make it a queue (which you can join from anywhere) or make it a normal Deep Space Encounter.
    Also please please add a timer where you can see if you're still on Cooldown or not, it's just annyoing to jump across the galaxy, just to see that you have to wait for some time.

And yeah, i would have preferred if that mission was not fixed on 5 players. It would definitely be nice if there where some missions that reward you with marks that you could actually do alone for a change.
    (Power creep and high DPS players are getting really annoying to be honest (5 seconds space combat per enemy group isn't really exciting, at least to me).)

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Tell you what: maybe its just me, but I don't like this mission !

Nah'Kuhls are too strong: their cone plasma blast is really OP, not to talk about their temporal skills that gives them immunity.
    Also, its a non-essential mission: one doesn't have special/unique rewards for completing it: so I'd rather do other STFs/Red Alerts.

Also, speaking about Red Alerts, have you noticed that, since Nah'Kuhls Red Alert first appear THOLIAN Red Alert is not spawning anymore ?

I mean: I wouldn't care if a new content is too hard for my actual build, but at least don't remove other contents that fits better for me :)

I've already reported this in the Gameplay Bugs Section, but nobody answered :(

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Also, speaking about Red Alerts, have you noticed that, since Nah'Kuhls Red Alert first appear THOLIAN Red Alert is not spawning anymore ?

I mean: I wouldn't care if a new content is too hard for my actual build, but at least don't remove other contents that fits better for me :)

This has been fixed in today's Tribble patch. Hopefully that'll hit Holodeck this week.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Can we keep them please please please please and not have them taken away please this is what the game needs more random less ques

Because I've heard glaciers in upper Canada actually grinding while waiting on queue's...more sector space events would be nice.

This has been fixed in today's Tribble patch. Hopefully that'll hit Holodeck this week.
    ​​

Ah, Great !
    thx :)
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Can we keep them please please please please and not have them taken away please this is what the game needs more random less ques

Because I've heard glaciers in upper Canada actually grinding while waiting on queue's...more sector space events would be nice.

I agree :)
  • rodney65rodney65 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    i would like to see people actually stay in the Na'kuhl alerts ,not join in then soon as it starts leave so others can not beat it , it is annoying and needs to be fixed , so they cant leave till it's over
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    rodney65 wrote: »
    i would like to see people actually stay in the Na'kuhl alerts ,not join in then soon as it starts leave so others can not beat it , it is annoying and needs to be fixed , so they cant leave till it's over

Every time I've attempted to run this since the 4-28 patch, I get disconnected from the server and when I try to rejoin it it puts me into a different instance, usually one that already has 5 other players, and I get kicked out of it as well. So it may not be people leaving as much as them disco'ing and the game not letting them back in.

Granted, I've only tried it 3 times since the patch but with how slow this mission is to get going, I've completely given up on it. Make it a traditional queue or make it a traditional sector Red Alert, this hybrid junk is annoying. Perhaps if it finds an identity I'll try it again. Until then, it simply doesn't exist for me.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I hadn't done one and don't tend to. After they dropped the ball with the Iconians. So now I just stick to the FEs and the occasional enemy encounters.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    rodney65 wrote: »
    If they just stay in AFK it won't help much. If that RA were more like other RA's, where ppl can join during it's progress, that may be better. But now it's just a queue, and queues is like that.
  • army24ranger#8095 army24ranger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can anyone please tell me why every time i go to join, I click "Join Na'Kuhl Red Alert Queue" a blank black box appears and wont let me join?!?! Im a Level 53 Federation Player on PS4. Its really aggravating.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Probably means by the time you got to the Red Alert location the Red Alert was over.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I thought someone was performing Necromancy :D
    Mzd8i1c.gif
    This is a GNN Thread. Only PWE can put Threads here. If they can't keep their Threads controlled it's on them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Did they discontinue the Na'kuhl red alert after the Oct 25th patch, havent seen it all day.
    edited December 2016
    Even after the other Red Alerts mysteriously rematerialized as PVE Queues, the Temporal Marauders are still missing. Mauraders are supposed to Maurade, that's what they do, not go on a multi-week Holiday on the beaches of the Riviera.

Still no official word on ANY of this, the disappearance, the re-emergence as a Queue, ANYTHING.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns