test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PODCAST INTERVIEW] Tribbles in Ecstasy talk to Artists Nick Duguid and Joe Jing - Got Questions?

The Tribbles in Ecstasy Podcast will be live on Friday, 30th September 2016 at 8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific) on

We will be talking to Senior Environment Artist, Nick Duguid and Character Artist,
Joe Jing.

Do you have any questions for them?
If so, please post them below.

LLAP

Comments

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    null
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    A FEW QUESTIONS FOR TACO:
    1) Since the chances of a revamp to the ship interiors system is a longshot, at the very least would it be possible increase the number of players that you can invite to your bridge instance for larger RP gatherings? Could an option be created to remove the BOFFs from the seats on the bridges, so that players could sit in those seats for the purpose or RP?

2) On the topic of Bridges/Interiors/Social zones: It's been said that most of those types of locations aren't used very often because there's very little to do there. Would it be possible to create some small changes that would make them more useful? For example, you could call up an Emergency Medical Hologram in Sickbay to heal your wounds or gain a small buff to resistances or overall hit points. Visit Engineering to repair your ship damages, or complete a mini-game (using one of the existing mini-game UI's already in the game) to temporarily boost certain ship stats? Visit Vulcan and hang out with the priests there for a Buff, or Bajor...etc...

QUESTION FOR JOE JING:
    1) Back in July Joe posted a link to some images featuring new TOS Era KDF costumes for all of the various species of that faction.

arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1219810/some-tos-character-renders-for-your-enjoyment/p1

What is the status of those costumes? Were they ever intended to be brought into the game for players to use? If so, is that still in the works? Any ETA on that?

2) Any word on what's holding up the TOS Gorn options that have been unavailable since Agents of Yesterday launched?

• Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    We'll be collecting questions in just under an hour, so get them posted here quickly!
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Is the FPS drop on places like new romulus or risa an art problem or something else? I understand many people on tribble like the lighting changes but none have said anything about any type of FPS changes. Does the new lighting have an impact on this? I, like many with the FPS drop off problem, run a mid to high end computer that should run this game at or above 60 FPS at all times. Is there anything being done to resolve this?

Also, STO is really quite beautiful on most maps keep up the good work.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Q: How many targs/goats/etc. do I have to sacrifice to get 'extra long gloves' for the STO character creator similar to those seen in Champions Online?

Q: Is it even possible for older reputation armor sets (e.g. MACO, Counter Command) to be folded into the more general uniform options to be mix-and-matched with other parts like new Reputation armors can be? If it is possible, how many targs/goats/etc. do I have to sacrifice to get those assets into the more flexible mode?

Q: Who's idea was it for the sunbaked 'cracked mud' texture seen in the 31c ships and TDI armor?

Q: What would you like to add or change in Federation environments to make them more "Terran Empire"?

Q: Which lobi store costume set do you think people should take a closer look at because it's really cool?
    Post edited by nikeix on
  • Options
    warlicker84warlicker84 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Question for Joe Jing: What is your favorite character or NPC that you have worked on?
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The mud is mysterious. ((Hector Ortiz!))

Cool :).

And yes, "Nike 9"

And extra long gloves in the show :)

latest?cb=20120303164223&path-prefix=de

"Bridge missions"!!
    Post edited by nikeix on
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I actually have a question for the podcast peeps. The previous episode, I was giving it a listen, but there was a lot of staticy feedback from one of the people, and I could only go about 20 minutes before it got to me and I had to tune out. Was that on your end or my end? I've never had that kind of static before and couldn't figure out if it was coming from me. I listen to the podcasts on my car's bluetooth through stitcher. Never have any problems with the other Star Trek pod (P1), Star Talk Radio, the two Arsenal pods, or the various NBA pods I listen to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I actually have a question for the podcast peeps. The previous episode, I was giving it a listen, but there was a lot of staticy feedback from one of the people, and I could only go about 20 minutes before it got to me and I had to tune out. Was that on your end or my end? I've never had that kind of static before and couldn't figure out if it was coming from me. I listen to the podcasts on my car's bluetooth through stitcher. Never have any problems with the other Star Trek pod (P1), Star Talk Radio, the two Arsenal pods, or the various NBA pods I listen to.

If this was the last interview in episode 235 - it was from the setup of Maria Rosseau and Stephen Ricossa.
    Things did improve as it went on.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

If this was the last interview in episode 235 - it was from the setup of Maria Rosseau and Stephen Ricossa.

Yeah, it was from that one. Cool, thanks for the update. The content was good and interesting. The static just eventually drove me crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Yeah, it was from that one. Cool, thanks for the update. The content was good and interesting. The static just eventually drove me crazy.

Yeah, made my headache worse - I tried to clean it up as much as possible but couldn't do much with it
This discussion has been closed.