test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    When Elric's ship reached Leora IV, he went to the helm and put the vessel into orbit. Getting back up and walking passed the ship's dedication plaque, he noticed its name, the I.S.S. Amaterasu; the mirror version of his own ship, which he had previously nearly destroyed. "Computer, set a new rule: If that unpredictable transwarp beaming device pulls anyone from home onto the ship, transport them down to my coordinates. Acknowledge?"

The computer chirped in agreement. Elric nodded and then went to the transporter room, himself, and beamed to the planet surface.
  • graffsandara#2895 graffsandara Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Graff looked at everything occurring in front of him, almost in shock.
    "Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    "To the Stars, despite adversity"
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Burt seemed unusually concerned.
    Jim replied to Krystal, saying "I wouldn't recommend fighting both Alliances, in case they were to join forces, dooming us all."

Sarah alternate turned to Graff and patted him on the shoulder with her hand. "There there, everything is fine..."
    She seemed to notice something on the back of her hand, and moved her hand out of sight.

Sarah prime couldn't help but notice it, and looked concerned, as though on to something. She mumbled to herself, and eventually turned to Nat. "How long has it been since you guys got back from the Chronostorm? Any chance for a nap?"

Nat raised an eyebrow. "No. How come?"

Sarah alternate seemed nervous.

Burt seemed to putting some pieces together. "That battle between us and the Na'kuhl in the Gamma Quadrant... would've been the right time, and it is about when he started acting strangely..."

Jim reached for his phaser, eyeing alternate Sarah. 11 of 14's eyes widened, and she turned to Krystal, questioning if she figured it out.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Banks gave Graff a look that said me too mate. "But about that Borg cube," she persisted; she seemed excited about something and didn't seem to notice the funny looks being exchanged. "If..." a thought seemed to occur to her and she broke off. "Are you all right, Ms, er, Sarah?"
    Graff cocked his head, looking at Sarah, "Ma'am, are you ok?"
    "Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    Scott, too, seemed suspicious. He mumbled something to himself, then counted something with his fingers. One, two, three, he stopped for a moment, four, then five. Sarah prime noticed the glances and assumed they were talking to Sarah alternate, then she, too, looked concerned. Jim turned to Nat, who seemed to be in agreement. Sarah alternate looked really worried, as she spoke up saying, "yeah, I'm fine. What are all the looks for?"

Burt tilted his head slightly. "I knew his decision to go rogue seemed a little sudden and out of place..."
    Scott went on. "It was strange how those 3 just happened to swoop in and "rescue" us at the last second..."
    Gydl's expression was hard to read given his being a Breen, but he turned to Jim likewise. "Did he ever order the killing of a captured prisoner?" Jim was definitely pretty sure of something now.

Nat seemed particularly wary, turning to Jim. "The Matokolis system?"

Jim nodded, now very wary. Nat turned to Sarah alternate. "Tell me... Kirk or Picard?"

"What the hell kind of a question is that?" the alternate Sarah replied, noticing the stares. "Er... Kirk?"

Nat looked disappointed. "You don't seem too sure about that..."
    Sarah prime chuckled. "It's also wrong, if you ask me."
    Nat nodded in agreement, turning to Jim and nodding to him, who in turn nodded to Sek, who pulled out his phaser and walked over to Sarah alternate, aiming the phaser at her. "I'm placing you under arrest for impersonating a Starfleet officer, effective immediately."

Sarah alternate raised both eyebrows. "Really? On what grounds?"

Jim pulled out his own phaser and pointed it at Sarah, walking over closer. "I knew something was off about how he changed so quickly after that one mission, and the captain here seems to agree about that one. Even so, ever wonder why all but one of the Alliance's members are either Dominion loyal, or Dominion neutral? Or perhaps why the only one that isn't is now under their total control? Or why your universe's Dominion were all so eager to join your alliance once you destroyed your universe's Infamous forces?"

Sarah prime went on. "Or why you seemed so interesting in controlling the Gamma Quadrant."

Nat continued. "Word had it that Admiral Nat captured the Infamous, who was in control of the Infamous armada, who supposedly control much of the Dominion. Honestly, I don't think we would've put the pieces together if it weren't for this..." He reached over and pulled over Sarah alternate's noticeably fraying hand. "They say changelings need to revert to a liquid state every so often, and if they don't, this sort of thing happens. Guess you couldn't do that on the Chronostorm, could you?"

Sarah alternate looked kinda angry now. "Did you really think it would be that easy?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    "Changeling?" Krystal asked, shooting to her feet. "Jade to Sickbay. Kayla, beam an empty hypo and several vials up to my ready room."

A hypospray materializes on Krystal's desk, and the young Trill woman picks it up and slips one of the vials in.
    "Only way to know for sure," she said as she pressed the device against Alt Sarah's neck and extracted a blood sample before pulling back and ejecting the vial to observe the results. "I plan on doing this to everyone present Whoever is clear, will check me as well."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    It was changeling "blood". Even then, Krystal was having trouble reading the details as Sarah alternate had her pinned to a wall.

Jim didn't hesitate to fire, the shot simply being absorbed by alternate Sarah's changeling body. She turned to Jim, and reached out to him, her arm extending in the typical changeling fashion as she threw Jim at Sek and turned to attack Nat.

Nat turned to Graff. "Guess we could learn a thing or two from you, huh?"

Sarah prime went out to the bridge and shouted at the bridge crew to provide support against the apparent changeling. Nobody could really make out what she was saying, but it got the point across in an case.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal extended a hand, and a blue aura enveloped Alt Sarah. She found herself struggling to even move. Krystal, meanwhile, seemed to be staggering while focusing on Alt Sarah, already sweating from apparent exertion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Scott pulled out a relativity phaser and fired on alt Sarah, placing her in temporal stasis. "Somebody get that thing we put captured changelings in, alright?"

Jim turned to Krystal.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal collapsed, gasping for breath as if she had just run a marathon.
    Nat got Krystal to sit down, turning to the others. "So Admiral Nat has been a changeling this entire time?"

Jim sighed. "I knew he wasn't acting right..."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Well... I guess that means I'm not one huh?" Krystal asked, still exhausted. "They can't replicate abilities like that..."
    "They also have a habit of fraying when they don't revert to liquid every so often. If you were a changeling, you'd be having her problem," Nat replied motioning to the changeling. "We should still have all of us checked, just to be safe."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited September 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »
    "Well... I guess that means I'm not one huh?" Krystal asked, still exhausted. "They can't replicate abilities like that..."
    "Well, neither can humans. Or Trill, I mean," Banks remarked. "That was amazing... I can do the bloods. You have a rest," she gently took the hypo from Krystal's hand and slotted in another empty vial. "Who's first."
    edited September 2016
    Graff nodded at Banks, his finger still on the trigger of his phaser, during the fight, Graff had attempted to get a shot off at Sarah, but at the angle he was standing at, he would have hit Krystal in the attempt.
    "Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    Nat stood around, and nodded to Banks. Jim called up the Omega Operatives from earlier and had them come back, unarmed, so they could be tested as well; he didn't want to take any chances.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Banks collected samples from Graff, Nat, Jim and then the Omega Operatives, glad of the time to think for a minute. "But... Does this mean the Alliance isn't on our side after all?"
    Krystal just slumped in her chair as she recovered.
    Burt and Scott awaited their blood samples being taken. They turned to Sek and Gydl, realizing that no one could test them, being Breen. Luckily the samples so far checked out fine.

Nat seemed wary, thinking hard. "I bet they're doing it to get in our defenses. Seems like the changeling might be trying to build an alliance in some crazy attempt to free the Dominion from the Infamous, given what you people have been saying. Thus, if it succeeds in getting closer to us, they can get to Krystal, and thus at the Infamous armada."

11 of 14 narrowed her eyes. "What about mirror Nat? Is he a changeling too?"

Everyone went silent for a moment.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I don't even know where that would leave us," Banks confessed. Her hands were shaking slightly, and she held the hypo with both hands to keep it steady as she collected the samples from Burt and Scott. She looked at Sek and Gydl. "Is there any way that... no. Well. I suppose if you were Changelings, you wouldn't need to be Breen. Is it possible to do yours sir, will there be any problem about that?" she adds, turning to 11 of 14 doubtfully.
    "Banks... relax..." Krystal said. "You're a Starfleet Officer. Just take it one step at a time. Nat? Can you get me some water?"
    11 of 14 nodded. "Shouldn't be any problem."

Nat seemed concerned. "So if Admiral Nat was replaced with a changeling, should we try to find the real one?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Graff shook his head. "Honestly, who's to say that this guys going to be any better? I mean, he is an Admiral."
    "Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    "One thing at a time..." Krystal said. "We focus on stopping the Mirror Alliance first. Then we'll worry about the Admiral. If... If we worry about everything... we won't be able to focus on the immediate threat."
    Jim facepalmed. "Are you seriously going to forget about the admiral until the mirror Alliance is repelled? Do you not realize that he's probably the best chance we have at stopping them?" He turned to Graff. "And you are out of line, ensign, and don't you forget it."

Nat passed Krystal some water as requested, turning to Jim. "Now slow down, captain. Do you really think we would be able to rescue the admiral now? I mean, he's probably been captured by the Alliance, so wouldn't it make sense to repel the mirror alliance while working with our universe's alliance, then take out the changeling and hunt down the admiral then?"

Jim sighed. "We already know half a dozen different Alliance base locations, one of which is within Dominion transporter range of where we think he was replaced with a changeling; we can probably track him down from there."

11 of 14 turned to Jim. "Assuming he's still there. I mean, they could have taken him anywhere else, perhaps somewhere you can't even reach. That, or he's already escaped and is on his way here right now."

Burt turned to Jim. "She's probably right. If he's escaped, tracking him down would be a waste of time. If he didn't, he's probably somewhere we can't reach him."

Jim replied. "I guess you're right, maybe. Then again, finding a way to infiltrate the Alliance would let us anticipate if they plan to betray us, so we can plan for that..."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Banks nods. "Sorry. I'll be OK in a minute. Just... that came out of nowhere." She sneaked a glance at "Sarah" to make sure she was still where they'd left her.
    She collected a sample from 11 of 14, removing the filled vial rather gingerly and putting it immediately down on the desk. Fitting a fresh vial she took a sample from Krystal, then turned to Sarah - the Sarah who wasn't currently frozen in mid-fight in the middle of the room. "OK if I?"
    "When is the meeting? How long do we have?"
    Krystal took a drink.
    "We don't have time to worry about that right now," she said. "One thing at a time. We focus on the immediate threat, and that is the mirror invasion. Once that is done, we'll be free to persue other problems. So for the time being Admiral Nat is on the back burner. We can trust him to fight either way because of two reasons."

She held up a finger.
    "One: This is his home. He'd want to protect it."
    She held up a second finger.
    "Two: Even if he was to stab us in the back, you can't conquer the galaxy if someone beats you to it."

She dropped her hand and took another drink.
    "Whatever his motivations, he will fight in the upcoming battle. And his forces will need time to recover afterwords, allowing us time to recover and prepare ourselves. Now... we need to focus on setting up these Anti-Tachyon Pulses somehow."
    The real Sarah nodded.

Jim leaned over to Krystal. "But don't you see? He's been replaced with a changeling! This so called "Admiral Nat" is not the admiral anymore, just some hunk of self-shaping liquid identical to this one here! Chances are, he probably wants to get closer to you so he can disable the Infamous forces and apparently, free the Dominion, leaving them free to launch an invasion!"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal looked over at Jim.
    "We have no evidence of that," she replied. "And why whould getting close to me enable him to do anything with the Infamous' forces? I already said I don't have the command codes. I'm his successor in name only. I don't have any power in the organization unless I get those codes."